Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - 19:45 27th Feb - BT Sports **

Just showed a replay of their goal. Attacker layed the boot into Docherty, right in front of the goalscorer.

I try to avoid going on about the refs. The match thread usually is about 50% content - 50% moaning about decisions, but McLean was a disaster tonight.

Your right I didnt see that earlier, blatant foul on Docherty. McLean is a fucking arsehole.

Brilliant first half and a training session in the second, some of the football at times was immense

Gripes -
Murphy looks like he’s broke a bone in his foot
Russell Martin still looks shakey and for me is a weak link
We should’ve buried them 6 or 7

"Docherty is not overly physical in midfield" says Craigan.

FFS he's having a giraffe - The guy is everywhere, tackles constantly through the 90 and has the power and pace to dominate from the middle of the park.

Windass' goal was unreal, won't get tired of watching that.

Still no convinced by our back line though. Russell & Bates are a worry against Celtic.

BTW the referee was horrendous again. The standard this season has been shocking. We had a disallowed goal even though it was Bates who was fouled. The player who injured Murphy had a few late ones and didn't get booked. Also, how can he only book the player who deliberately had a kick at Bates? (Can that be upgraded to a red card since it's actually violent conduct?).

Just overall shite performance - no wonder fans get frustrated.

Bates schooshed the last old firm game. Martin is defo my main concern, I hope his experience comes into play.

Butcher is still stuck in the 90s. He has no clue about modern day football, hence his failure after failure managerial wise.

Another one who continues to tarnish his reputation later on in life.

We're just on the way back but my boy said on the phone there he thought Murphy said "I think it's broken" to the physio watching it on the telly.Anyone else good at lipreading ?

That stupid senile auld dick Butcher says we are not at the level to beat the scum at Ibrox.....ehhh, we played them off the park at the Stad de Gadd the last time!!!

I really do despise that old prick.

We're just on the way back but my boy said on the phone there he thought Murphy said "I think it's broken" to the physio watching it on the telly.Anyone else good at lipreading ?
I thought he said something about a broken toe?

Very flat second half but hardy a surprise given the game was over.

An unpopular view perhaps but I would send Cummings back at the end of the season. Does not look up the required stardard.
I think he looks in sharpness and getting 15 minutes of the bench isn't going to get it.

Should start them both Sun and definitely not play Murphy

I thought he says something about his boot, watched it over and over again doesnt look like he says broken, outside of foot he touches

I don’t understand why the pundits are so scared to say if we can beat them or not. It’s as if they will get shot if they show any favour to Rangers over them! If they get beat tomorrow, unlikely I know, they will still be like Rangers aren’t at that level.

Everyone else will be the last to know when we take 55!

Butcher is still stuck in the 90s. He has no clue about modern day football, hence his failure after failure managerial wise.

Another one who continues to tarnish his reputation later on in life.

Except on Helicopter Sunday :):):):)

I hope not. Though the dreaded word “metatarsal” was mentioned by the commentary team at the time, and it was the kind of stamp that does do damage. I really hope Murphy is okay. He’d be a huge loss, he’s been central to our recent success and pivotal to taking on the mentally challengeds

We got a bit of luck with the penalty??? What the f*ck are you on about Butcher you f*cking moron? Get this clown to f*ck man.

And again with his "Morelos' brother" pish. It wasn't funny or sensible the first time. Arsehole.

Long ago, with them two - Mutton and the prick Butcher (Rangers legend my arse) commentating on Rangers, I watch any game they are involved on mute. Tonight included.

Good win, convincing 1st half, training exercise 2nd. DILLIGAF ........three points nearer the yahoos and away from the sheep.

We might not be able to stop them winning 7 tainted titles in a row ? - but I've had a £100 bet with a Luton Tim that they will not win 10 in a row. I personally think if we can keep Alfredo in the summer - they will not reach 8!

That stupid senile auld dick Butcher says we are not at the level to beat the scum at Ibrox.....ehhh, we played them off the park at the Stad de Gadd the last time!!!

I really do despise that old prick.

He also forgets poorer sides such as Hearts and Kilmarnock have already beaten them recently.

Sutton is another talking about them having another level now they are out of Europe. Both the defeats above came when they weren’t playing European games. Another fact conveniently forgotten by the arse lickers in the media.

I said that on a whats app chat
He said
I can’t move my toe
I think it’s broke
Definitely what I thought he said

Really enjoyed that first half and despite a St Johnstone-lenient referee it was a dominant performance. Lost our way a bit in the second half and both we and the ref let them back into the game.
Once again so impressed by Morelos' strength on the ball, he must be a nightmare to defend against. Great goalscorer and also holds up and shields the ball brilliantly to bring others into play. When he goes it will be a huge loss and it will be difficult or nigh on impossible to find a like for like replacament. Hope our scouting team are on their toes.

It must be embarrassing for the rest of the panel because Butcher is like a bore in a pub who will not rest until he gets his little quips in that people have heard a thousand times before and you have to give a polite titter and hope to move on. Fucking cretinous how BT showcase Scottish football.

28379269_1787796264606399_2329543875722144914_n.jpg

I thought he said something about a booking? I’m no expert though :D

no, we won't ever speak out. Dignified silence.

Could cost him his job indirectly. Our cowardice in this regard means we are kind of getting the referees we deserve. I say that out of frustration but there is a very good reason top managers speak out in these situations - and our situations have been incredible this season. Those managers are not operating in the hostile environment that we are. For us it’s even more important.

Reaping what your silence will sow is one way of describing it. I am more angry than sympathetic toward the club regarding the collective cowardice we have seen this season.

I thought he said something about a booking? I’m no expert though :D
Possibly "not even a fuckin booking" Talking about the tackle?I think he'll be fine. Don't know what I base that on but our luck injury wise has been fukin terrible,we're due a turn.

The goals have just been on sky at 12:25 there.

Well worked goal for 2nd from Josh, competent free kick from Goss, and two other well executed goals.

But where was the marking at their goal from the the corner. Need tae brush up on that as we might not be four up if it happens, and it has.

We still look weak at the back in the air.

Having said that, it was a dominant performance.

2nd goal was brilliant football. We look unplayable going forward at times.

Lost count of how many bad fouls Murphy took

The goals have just been on sky at 12:25 there.

Well worked goal for 2nd from Josh, competent free kick from Goss, and two other well executed goals.

But where was the marking at their goal from the the corner. Need tae brush up on that as we might not be four up if it happens, and it has.

Martin was again poor for their goal

That was about as comfortable as we've had all season. St Johnstone didn't offer anything at all.

The pass from Docherty for the second was tremendous.

Back