Tav looked so far off it today

Based on this

His last assist was 2 months ago mate. Since then he's had 73 cross attempts over 6 games, and only 4 finding a Rangers player and 0 assists. That's the poorest conversion rate in our team by a distance.

Stats can be made to look anyway you like - that cross conversion can both be his fault (which it will be on occasions) and equal the fault of those he is crossing the ball to.

Similar to a passing percentage if you play 5 yard passes all day left / right and back everyday your pass completion will be 90% plus but if it does nothing for your team in an attacking sense it’s a pointless metric.

Happy to concede Tav has not been at his best this season but he is fairly far down the pecking order of who is to blame for our performances thus far IMHO.

Yeah, this analysis says otherwise - maybe the problem is with other players not getting into the right areas when the balls come into the box?

Maybe, but then in that case surely you don't just lump a pointless ball out the other side of the pitch?

Guys, there's really no point falling out. It's clear that SG's first choice players are not doing it for him right now. It's equally clear they can't play through this bad spell or they would have done it by now. Something has to change. Simpson was dropped from the squad after one poor performance too many. Others have to follow him out of the squad if they keep failing to reach the necessary standard. Continually picking out of form players helps no-one and achieves nothing except certain failure.

The rest was supposed to do him good but I felt it was the last thing he needed. He’s been poor this season - he needs games, not international breaks. It’s been to stop/start.

I would have absolutely no complaints if Patterson replaced Tavernier right now.
Tav is pish can't defend his crossing is very poor hits the first man 90% of the time we have a better right back who plays international level but can't hold down a position in a poor Rangers team because the manager won't change it Goldson is the same gets a game through loyalty never dropped

We'll find out at the end of the season how costly these 2 points dropped that Alfredo cost us will be . He needs a good kick up the arse for that performance.

Have we really reached a stage where we can't even compare Tavernier to previous FBs or club captains because he's considered so vastly superior? This is like cult worship. Not something I thought I would ever see from Bears.

It's a bit odd

Have we really reached a stage where we can't even compare Tavernier to previous FBs or club captains because he's considered so vastly superior? This is like cult worship. Not something I thought I would ever see from Bears.

Its getting like that with a lot of stuff on here, its a wider societal issue, anything not singing the praises is considered negative and therefor not allowed, its strange behaviour.

Last edited:
Its getting like that with a lot of stuff on here, its a wider societal issue, anything not signing the praises is considered negative and therefor not allowed, its strange behaviour.
I can't identify with it at all. Surely fans, who are paying customers and often shareholders, are allowed to express opinions about players and performances? Isn't that the whole point of a message board?

Hibs 3-2 Rangers.

Many fans haven’t forgiven him for that display.

To me he was one of the least problems on the park yesterday.

People are expecting him to score an assist every game.

I actually wouldn’t be against Patterson get a run at some point though.
If Patterson doesn’t get a run he’s bound to want away for regular games.

fact is if tav was half as good as his stats show then he would be long gone to the premiership. goals and assists dont tell the full story about a player especially a full back
Equally, there's a reason Everton made a bid for Patterson and not for Tav, the supposedly superior player of the two. And no, the reason is not their respective sell-on values. The fact is Patterson would bring more to a Premiership team than Tav ever could and the Everton management team saw this.

Brilliant player for us, great professional, top lad. But it’s absolutely tragic the protection he gets at times. You can sit and look at a goal where he lets his man go, clear as day, and the resultant man scores, but you’re not allowed to acknowledge it or we’re to simply forget about it because the keeper arsed up to. If you dare even try and shine on a light on you hate the captain, you’re demanding too much etc etc.

Reckon some fans will pack Rangers in and follow Tav to wherever his next club is.

Equally, there's a reason Everton made a bid for Patterson and not for Tav, the supposedly superior player of the two. And no, the reason is not their respective sell-on values. The fact is Patterson would bring more to a Premiership team than Tav ever could and the Everton management team saw this.
Patterson has the potential to be a star, that’s what attracted Everton.

On form, Tav is the better player now but Patterson has the ability to reach a far higher level than Tav.

Patterson has the potential to be a star, that’s what attracted Everton.

On form, Tav is the better player now but Patterson has the ability to reach a far higher level than Tav.
Tav has been a Rangers great, no question. He has scored some incredible goals and his assist stats have been stellar. But Patterson now has the edge in terms of pace, dynamism and crossing ability. As Gerrard said himself in pre-season, we cannot afford to keep Patterson on the bench any longer.

Brilliant player for us, great professional, top lad. But it’s absolutely tragic the protection he gets at times. You can sit and look at a goal where he lets his man go, clear as day, and the resultant man scores, but you’re not allowed to acknowledge it or we’re to simply forget about it because the keeper arsed up to. If you dare even try and shine on a light on you hate the captain, you’re demanding too much etc etc.

Reckon some fans will pack Rangers in and follow Tav to wherever his next club is.
I saw a Tav fanatic on another site urging Tav's agent to get him an immediate transfer to a club whose fans will appreciate him more than we do. Bye then.

I mean you can compare but there’s no real comparison, Wallace in terms of player ability at rangers is no where near tav. The evidence of both their times at rangers proves this.

Mate it’s ironic you say this given just how much you worship Morelos. I’m sure you’ll be following Morelos to his next club being his no1 cheerleader.

Tav is streets ahead of Wallace & it's not even close, but I'm talking about the here and now.

People seem to be downplaying just how bad he was yesterday. I stand by my comments that he was the worst player on the pitch. It felt like every time the ball went near him he was an absolute bombscare, and then he started to realise it and just got worse. It reached the point where he looked like he didn't even want the ball near him at times.

McGregor & Morelos had a bigger impact on the scoreline, but Tav yesterday had an absolute shocker.

On the basis of that performance & his general poor form this season Patterson is needing brought into the team for a spell - it's that simple for me.

I'm not trying to claim Tav is finished as some people seem desperate to do, but it's clear as day something isn't right & he shouldn't be back in the team until it's sorted because that level of performance yesterday just isn't acceptable or beneficial for anyone.

Tav is streets ahead of Wallace & it's not even close, but I'm talking about the here and now.

People seem to be downplaying just how bad he was yesterday. I stand by my comments that he was the worst player on the pitch. It felt like every time the ball went near him he was an absolute bombscare, and then he started to realise it and just got worse. It reached the point where he looked like he didn't even want the ball near him at times.

McGregor & Morelos had a bigger impact on the scoreline, but Tav yesterday had an absolute shocker.

On the basis of that performance & his general poor form this season Patterson is needing brought into the team for a spell - it's that simple for me.

I'm not trying to claim Tav is finished as some people seem desperate to do, but it's clear as day something isn't right & he shouldn't be back in the team until it's sorted because that level of performance yesterday just isn't acceptable or beneficial for anyone.
Maybe football isn't for you if you honestly think Tavernier was worse than Morelos yesterday?

Maybe football isn't for you if you honestly think Tavernier was worse than Morelos yesterday?

Morelos had a very poor game too, but at least he didn't hide. Tav was like a man down yesterday and went into hiding a points. Much more unforgivable for me than a striker having a howler in front of goal. I don't even think Tav looked fit yesterday that's how bad he was.

Tav didn’t play well yesterday but Morelos was the worst player on the pitch by miles.

Morelos had a very poor game too, but at least he didn't hide. Tav was like a man down yesterday and went into hiding a points. Much more unforgivable for me than a striker having a howler in front of goal. I don't even think Tav looked fit yesterday that's how bad he was.
He was nowhere near as bad as Morelos.
Maybe he isn't fully fit post COVID,but i'd like to think our medical people would be on top of any fitness issues?

For a Rangers captain, Tav's performance yesterday was simply nowhere near good enough.

Ok,sounds totally legit.
The poster felt that Tav finishing top scorer and POTY will never be enough for some Bears so he should get his agent to get him a transfer to another club. Admittedly, the guy is an absolute Tav fanatic who spits his dummy any time Tav is even questioned.

We'll find out at the end of the season how costly these 2 points dropped that Alfredo cost us will be . He needs a good kick up the arse for that performance.
Yes Alfie’s fault our defenders and keeper couldn’t do the basics at defending a corner.:rolleyes:

The poster felt that Tav finishing top scorer and POTY will never be enough for some Bears so he should get his agent to get him a transfer to another club. Admittedly, the guy is an absolute Tav fanatic who spits his dummy any time Tav is even questioned.
He should sign up here, he’d fit right in where people greet like wee lassies if you have the audacity to acknowledge him losing his man at a goal :))

Last thought for the night: after our 1st 17 games last season, we had won 15 and drawn 2. We had scored 42 goals and conceded 4. After 17 games this year, we've won 9, drawn 3 and lost 5. We've scored 25 goals and conceded 14. If Gerrard isn't deeply concerned, he should be.

Defensively he is always ropey and at this stage of his career I don't think we are going to train that out of him, however attacking wise he has been a brilliant asset and I think its a combination of poor form and opposition teams realising how essential it is to block or close down any space for him.

Back