The Board have reiterated that they back Pedro.

So while bankrolling Pedro's squad rebuild to the tune of circa £8m the board were also lining up his replacement? I find that hard to believe.

"Here's £8 million or so Pedro, but we don't trust that you'll be a success, so we've told Del on the sneak to reject a move to England because we'll come calling soon."

It's laughable stuff!

Why not just appoint him in the first place?
Oh, that's right, he was never at any single point in the running.

Now he may end up being our next manager, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is a sure-fire thing.
Absolutely nothing.

He was told to stay put and not take the Sunderland job and it isn’t difficult to work out who told him!

So someone (I actually ain't sure who you mean.....King maybe? Walter?) was so certain that Caixinha would fail and they'd be getting rid of him that they told McInnes to not go to Sunderland.

And McInnes chose to take that risk in the hope of getting a job he was already turned down for?

Not doubting your sources (who is that btw?) but that confuses me.

I think the board are right. I'd give Pedro the season and see how we end up in the league. We'll also hopefully get some players in January for a bit of depth.

Problem with that is, Do you trust him with more funds?
Herrera and Pena are not giving £4 million worth of value to the team imo.

I don't think the board have any choice, here.

It would cost a lot of money we don't have to sack him and replace him. I also definitely don't want to give the Sheep over £1m quid. That would infuriate me, which kind of rules out one possible replacement for me.

We then look at the like of Alex McLeish, Tommy Wright, etc. Again, not really inspiring. Big Sam or people like that are too expensive right now, so that's out as well. Not sure I fancy Big Sam as manager anyway.

As I've said, although huge numbers have lost a great deal of faith in his ability to turn it round, I think we're kind of stuck here for the time being.

However, a dismal run of form up to and including the games v the sheep will finish him. On the other hand, 7 straight wins or 6 wins and a draw (seeing us possibly ahead of the sheep in 2nd place) and things will look entirely different. At that stage, over 40% of the way through the season, sitting in 2nd place, Pedro will have earned the right to stay on. They would probably also be prepared to back Pedro further in January in those circumstances.

So, I always thought the board would give him at least until after the sheep games. Have to say, though, I am not overly optimistic about achieving that run of wins. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Dave King is in Glasgow all week and will be there tomorrow and at Murrayfield on Saturday.

There will be no 'dreaded' vote of confidence but the position from inside the club is as stated in the OP.
The OP said" reiterated." Do I take it from that the board had a discussion about Pedro ?
Is the board split ? If so what are the camps ?

He is starting Pena and Windass as usual...so can anyone see 8 wins coming up?!

Best hope is he does win them all, silence the doubters and leads us to a glorious second half of season....it's what we all want.

I remember watching John Greig's Rangers teams when he was the manager and thinking like that.

We all wanted him to succeed and go on a winning run instead of being 12 points behind Aberdeen Dundee Hibernia and the Animals by Christmas, 2points for a win then, it was never going to happen no matter how much we wanted it too as JG just never had it as a manager.

We would all love PC to get the team going and put together a large sequence of wins but the evidence so far is it is never going to happen.

Back then I suffered from daft boy syndrome and thought I persist with JG it will come good, today a lot older and maybe a bit wiser, I don't see it happening, but would love PC to prove me wrong.

"Here's £8 million or so Pedro, but we don't trust that you'll be a success, so we've told Del on the sneak to reject a move to England because we'll come calling soon."

It's laughable stuff!

Now he may end up being our next manager, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is a sure-fire thing.
Absolutely nothing.

But he's pyoor in the know, ye know?

I don't think the board have any choice, here.

It would cost a lot of money we don't have to sack him and replace him. I also definitely don't want to give the Sheep over £1m quid. That would infuriate me, which kind of rules out one possible replacement for me.

We then look at the like of Alex McLeish, Tommy Wright, etc. Again, not really inspiring. Big Sam or people like that are too expensive right now, so that's out as well. Not sure I fancy Big Sam as manager anyway.

As I've said, although huge numbers have lost a great deal of faith in his ability to turn it round, I think we're kind of stuck here for the time being.

However, a dismal run of form up to and including the games v the sheep will finish him. On the other hand, 7 straight wins or 6 wins and a draw (seeing us possibly ahead of the sheep in 2nd place) and things will look entirely different. At that stage, over 40% of the way through the season, sitting in 2nd place, Pedro will have earned the right to stay on. They would probably also be prepared to back Pedro further in January in those circumstances.

So, I always thought the board would give him at least until after the sheep games. Have to say, though, I am not overly optimistic about achieving that run of wins. I really hope I'm wrong though.
I suspect you like me have no idea how much it would cost to sack him. His contract may say 3 months salary.
Unless some ITK poster can help.

Another season down the drain again then. Repeat of last season where we know by October time that the manager isn’t good enough but we continue with them anyway.

It wasn't exactly a tough run previously either TBH

Yup

We have had a very favourable run of fixtures this season so far. That changes last week in November.

Which makes our league position and Sunday all the more alarming.

You've got to think a defeat in any of those games would see the trigger pulled.

Hearts away is never easy but there are no more excuses.

Exactly. Last chance saloon for Pedro and unlike many others, I actually hope he does turn it around.

Sadly my hope and my expectations are at odds with one another!

Isn't there an AGM coming up? Something needs to happen either ON the pitch or off it to stop it turning into a riot. King needs to take action, strong leadership is required here and our invisible DoF needs to start earning his corn.

On the pitch if Pedro cant beat Killie tomorrow I cant see him lasting the weekend, and although he got a reaction from his players at St Johnstone I doubt having come out and slated them so publicly that he will have the same level of support from the players.

Players get managers the sack, look at what happened at the piggery with Ronnie's feckless bunch... they worked together to get him booted. St Brenda came in and turned them into a force. They might all just be getting fed up with the "naughty step" approach to management pish.

Either way, Pedros coats on a shoogly peg, Rangers teams do not roll over like they did on Sunday. That is unacceptable.

Not in this country there's not.

The Hibs game was 3 of the six we are adrift and we didn't "play crap" in that game. Celtc also received favourable decisions that weekend which was another 2 of the six we are adrift. So at the very least, we should only be 1 point off them. How would that go down with Pedro's detractors?

We also should have had a penalty v scum at nil nil

Who knows what would have happened in that game if we score

He was told to stay put and not take the Sunderland job and it isn’t difficult to work out who told him!

so you're saying that someone from Rangers contacted the aberdeen manager before the season started and told him to turn down a job in england , stay stay at aberdeen just in case the current Rangers manager fails in his job . meanwhile the current Rangers board go along with Pedro , sanction transfers in and out while keeping the aberdeen manager on standby ?

mentalist .

The board met last night apparently.

I’m guessing Vidmar’s information has originated from that meeting.

Whilst I believe that they are backing him in the sense they won’t sack him today, but should we fail to win tomorrow, I believe he will be sacked.

I think we will win tomorrow however.

It's laughable stuff!

Absolutely nothing.

Isn't it just :) Agree completely.

The scenario where we throw £8m at Pedro for signings, whilst simultaneously telling McInnes not to take the Sunderland job in order that he can then line up a £1m exit clause with the sheep that we will have to pay, because we want to sign him as manager, is just ludicrous :D

I'll tell you what, I am desperate for a decent run of wins to put an end to the amount of utter garbage that is being posted on here the recent past, including some of my own LOL :D

If this is true, I find it extremely distasteful.

Our manager is rebuilding a team, but at boardroom level there is a dissenter who is in contact with another manager and is telling him he will be the next Rangers manager.

This is underhand and not the way Rangers should be conducting business.

It also makes me wonder about the influence board members may have on senior players , if they are actively contacting opposition managers.

Isn't there an AGM coming up? Something needs to happen either ON the pitch or off it to stop it turning into a riot. King needs to take action, strong leadership is required here and our invisible DoF needs to start earning his corn.

On the pitch if Pedro cant beat Killie tomorrow I cant see him lasting the weekend, and although he got a reaction from his players at St Johnstone I doubt having come out and slated them so publicly that he will have the same level of support from the players.

Players get managers the sack, look at what happened at the piggery with Ronnie's feckless bunch... they worked together to get him booted. St Brenda came in and turned them into a force. They might all just be getting fed up with the "naughty step" approach to management pish.

Either way, Pedros coats on a shoogly peg, Rangers teams do not roll over like they did on Sunday. That is unacceptable.
End of Nov.

We will stumble on,on a game by game basis till the inevitable happens.personally I think were at the end of the road for Pedro

How many directors of football do their work in public?

Please, educate me on this.

I'm gonna guess and say that didn't happen.

The board gave Pedro the guts of £8m knowing they were going to replace him, aye ok.

But a nice look at me, look at me, post all the same

It’s the same nonsense from the same posters on every single thread.

As for the OP, I really thought Sunday was the end of the line for Pedro but I do believe if we lose either of the next two games then it’s definitely game over imo.

so you're saying that someone from Rangers contacted the aberdeen manager before the season started and told him to turn down a job in england , stay stay at aberdeen just in case the current Rangers manager fails in his job . meanwhile the current Rangers board go along with Pedro , sanction transfers in and out while keeping the aberdeen manager on standby ?

mentalist .

It depends who told him to stay put. Probably someone off here. :D

I suspect you like me have no idea how much it would cost to sack him. His contract may say 3 months salary.
Unless some ITK poster can help.

No, you're absolutely right.

I have no idea what Pedro's contract exit costs would be, but I do have an idea what has been publicly disclosed in the press about McInnes' release clause (who seems to be the darling of FF as the chosen replacement). Add to that the salary of the new manager, the salaries of the new backroom team, the release costs of the old backroom team, the possible cost of players that a new manager would want to bring in, and the millions just rack up and up. However, I agree that I have absolutely no idea what is in Pedro's contract regarding dismissal.

I don't think I'm a million miles away with the other inevitable costs I've identified, though, do you?

As of this morning. Obviously, poor results can bring swift decisions but he is being backed to go on a run in the league.

No doubt the pressure is on but there will be no sacking off the back of the semi. Falling away in the league would be a different story but that's true of any Rangers manager.

I think that's the correct decision given League standings so let's back the man and his players.

Was horrendous on sunday and definitely felt like turnig point for many fans.

Tomorrow though the feeling of doom and gloom could be lifted somewhat leading to Saturday. Something has to give with the Sheep and Them and I honestly can see The Sheep beating them tomorrow night. Even the Celtic fans in my work, who are usually confident, don’t fancy it at all tomorrow.

What a different feeling it will be if the Sheep best them, we put a few passed Killie and end up beating Hears, we’d go above them on Saturday... albeit till they play Killie later that day but at least we’d be putting some pressure on them for a change.

I would be absolutely amazed if we win these next 5 games in a row. It might not be the toughest run of games but I can guarantee these 5 teams will all fancy their chances of getting a result against us. Nobody fears playing us anymore.

Not in this country there's not.

The Hibs game was 3 of the six we are adrift and we didn't "play crap" in that game. Celtc also received favourable decisions that weekend which was another 2 of the six we are adrift. So at the very least, we should only be 1 point off them. How would that go down with Pedro's detractors?
I acknowledged we didn't play crap in that match. We played well for a spell maybe we woud have went on to win maybe we wouldn't.

How many of these "many poor results" have been with his own team and that have not been the result of diabolical refereeing decisions?

FFS all the excuses under the sun for Pedro.

Most managers don't have the luxury of their 'own players' and told to get on with the job. We drew 1-1 against Celtic at Parkhead the day before he was appointed, that should be the benchmark to what last seasons players could achieve.

More than 7 months in and looking even worse than under Warburton which I didn't think was possible, the board needs to act. Hearts sacked Ian Cathro after 8 months...

Honestly, what is it about this guy that gets people so defensive of him, he's done nothing and it's only a matter of time!

What have we got? Killie, Hearts, Thistle, Accies, Dundee. Chips are down and points are needed.

It's not a tough run.

It’s the easiest run he could hope for.

If he can’t win that, he should rightly be sacked.

I’d rather we were going in with a manager who’s got a track record of 5 wins in a row and we can head into playing the sheep and Tims in December knowing we could still be in the hunt.

The board met last night apparently.

I’m guessing Vidmar’s information has originated from that meeting.

Whilst I believe that they are backing him in the sense they won’t sack him today, but should we fail to win tomorrow, I believe he will be sacked.

I think we will win tomorrow however.

I dont just expect a win tomorrow i expect the players to run over this team and show that they want to play for Rangers, anything less than that is not acceptable regardless of if they are behind the manager or not.

If this is the case, then the board is not fit for purpose.

You honestly believe the Walter Mitty of FollowFollow regarding this matter?

Did we also tell him to sign his contract to ensure it’ll cost us a million to get him? Why not tell him not to sign anything and get him for heehaw in the summer if we were so sure he’d be our manager?

This is all during a time when we were giving our manager a good few million to build his team, but Butcher6 thinks our board were singing cheques for millions for Pedro’s players with the grand plan to get McInenes the whole time.

Butcher, you talk absolute pish mate.

That they’re absolutely shite, can only spend £1.8m on 18 players and would probably ruin your managerial reputation in Britain?

Also he didn't see the risk as worth it as his wages weren't going up by that much and he could of well been out of a job after a few months.

You honestly believe the Walter Mitty of FollowFollow regarding this matter?

Did we also tell him to sign his contract to ensure it’ll cost us a million to get him? Why not tell him not to sign anything and get him for heehaw in the summer if we were so sure he’d be our manager?

This is all during a time when we were giving our manager a good few million to build his team, but Butcher6 thinks our board were singing cheques for millions for Pedro’s players with the grand plan to get McInenes the whole time.

Butcher, you talk absolute pish mate.

Jesus, Butcher6, you're even "liking" posts saying that "you talk some amount of pish mate" LOL

Can we take it that your McInnes was told not to go to Sunderland by Rangers scoop was bollocks then :D

Of course the board is split, any honest Bear is torn either in favour or not in favour.

Despite the hysteria following Sunday's gut punch, Pedro isn't yet clearly failing and nor is clearly succeeding. I'm about 60/40 in favour of him staying and it wouldn't be a surprise if the board was that way too.

As of this morning. Obviously, poor results can bring swift decisions but he is being backed to go on a run in the league.

No doubt the pressure is on but there will be no sacking off the back of the semi. Falling away in the league would be a different story but that's true of any Rangers manager.

I think that's the correct decision given League standings so let's back the man and his players.

Where is the info coming from? Press or inside info?

What's the real reason?

That they are fcuking terrible. Plummeting down the championship and in the close season signed 9 players for around £1.5 million.

If he has any ambition of making a mark down there and rebuilding his reputation Sunderland are a terrible starting point.

Also I just don't buy we gave money to Pedro only to know we are getting shot of him.

Back