The Board have reiterated that they back Pedro.

Great in theory Vid, but wait till the 1st wayward pass tomorrow night!

The players need to come out straining at the leash, and even he admits he doesn't know how his statements yesterday will do down.
Lets be honest tags, they should be kicking biting and screaming but wont be. Pedro was right to advise us all that they are an embarrassment. Not really the done thing but many players from sunday should hang their heads in shame and accept and also react to pedros rant

Facts are, senior players hid. Shat out tackles. Failed to lead. Failed to fight back. Ref is irrelevant when yoy jave zero fight and allow yourself to be beaten so easily.

Precisely. Either I've made it up for internet points or I've been told it's the position. Or I'm Dave King.

Your call.
Until you have named the actual source, his home address and what he had for breakfast, then expect people on here to completely froth at the mouth.

People literally can't get their head around the concept that some people might hear things, which may or may turn out to be correct, and that said people will then pass it onto a Rangers forum.

FWIW like I said earlier I don't doubt your info, I believe the board met last night and that is probably where your information will have come from but I do not believe he has unanimous support across the board. So much so I believe that should we fail to defeat Kilmarnock, then Pedro will leave the club.

So Derek McInnes wasn’t a contender when Mark Warburton left. Instead we went for an unknown in Pedro Caixinha - well known to some as Pedro Mendes is his agent.

Why would we, when the time comes, look to appoint someone who wasn’t good enough back then, now. Nothing has changed in terms of Derek McInnes managerial ability.

I don’t think we will go for McInnes when Caixinha eventually leaves.
The fact that we appointed the wrong guy last time doesn't mean McInnes wasn't good enough.

Until you have named the actual source, his home address and what he had for breakfast, then expect people on here to completely froth at the mouth.

People literally can't get their head around the concept that some people might hear things, which may or may turn out to be correct, and that said people will then pass it onto a Rangers forum.
The board will be having many meetings this irrelivant of the managers position.
FWIW like I said earlier I don't doubt your info, I believe the board met last night and that is probably where your information will have come from but I do not believe he has unanimous support across the board. So much so I believe that should we fail to defeat Kilmarnock, then Pedro will leave the club.

Yeah I think that's correct. We've never (?) sacked a manager on Cup results. Not even European cup results.

I agree with giving PC some more time. We could win 5-0 tomorrow, Sheep draw, and suddenly we are four points off the top.

Neither Warburton nor Pedro were unanimous choices but he won't be going anywhere whilst we are still in contention for the title.

McCoist, Warburton now Pedro. It’s rinse lather and repeat on here. We could actually run threads from the old board and just autocorrect the managers name to Caixinha and they would be relevant. This story has been told and we know the ending. Worryingly we, the club, don’t seem to learning along the way.

Yeah I think that's correct. We've never (?) sacked a manager on Cup results. Not even European cup results.

I agree with giving PC some more time. We could win 5-0 tomorrow, Sheep draw, and suddenly we are four points off the top.

Neither Warburton nor Pedro were unanimous choices but he won't be going anywhere whilst we are still in contention for the title.

Unanimous choices for being appointed? Who was the other option?

Davie White

I think one of the key issues here was that a cup final and indeed lifting a cup trophy was part of the key performance outcomes agreed between board and manager at the start of the season (allegedly).

To fail to clear that hurdle after the European disaster means that there is literally no margin for error in the league now.

Therefore failing to win against Kilmarnock will probably lead to him being removed.

We have lost every 'must win' game , suffered biggest ever home defeat by Celtic, lost great record home to Sheep, lost in Europe to no hopers, have disruption in camp, and yesterday Pedro slagged off the players , but had accepted responsibility post match.

Pre match was interesting see Chairman and the CEO chatting amicably with Kenny - would love to have been fly on the wall there.

Fan perception of Pedro is mixed but majority want him gone ? The Killie game is first for Steve Clarke as manager , I believe he favours the dark side despite being an Ayrshire boy. They will be up for it and if we go goal down it could be long night!

I cant see Pedro succeeding sadly and realise the financial implications of him being pumped with the coaching team he has assembled.

Under brief spell under Murty we improved had a six goal thrashing to enjoy and a point off Celtic. Once he got into it he did well - not saying he the answer but he went toe to toe with the Tims and did not capitulate like we did under Pedro ? Just saying.

5 years of this we have had the first half was under the Spivs/Ally - since then we treaded water with a few brief interludes.

Things can only get better ?

You're missing the point though. There's a threat title stating that the board have reiterated that they back Pedro which simply isn't true.

Unanimous choices for being appointed? Who was the other option?

Guys like Rowatt, Eck, McInnes were under consideration. Pereira in 2015. I'll bet John Hartson applied :D.

You can see how PC would give a superb interview.

We have lost every 'must win' game , suffered biggest ever home defeat by Celtic, lost great record home to Sheep, lost in Europe to no hopers, have disruption in camp, and yesterday Pedro slagged off the players , but had accepted responsibility post match.

Pre match was interesting see Chairman and the CEO chatting amicably with Kenny - would love to have been fly on the wall there.

Fan perception of Pedro is mixed but majority want him gone ? The Killie game is first for Steve Clarke as manager , I believe he favours the dark side despite being an Ayrshire boy. They will be up for it and if we go goal down it could be long night!

I cant see Pedro succeeding sadly and realise the financial implications of him being pumped with the coaching team he has assembled.

Under brief spell under Murty we improved had a six goal thrashing to enjoy and a point off Celtic. Once he got into it he did well - not saying he the answer but he went toe to toe with the Tims and did not capitulate like we did under Pedro ? Just saying.

5 years of this we have had the first half was under the Spivs/Ally - since then we treaded water with a few brief interludes.

Things can only get better ?
we also lost to dundee and ross county was it ? and a last minute winner at home to st johnston.

i dont know why folk keep bringing up Murtys draw, yes it was some going but Celtic didnt really show up.

So who is the rat then?...:p

The board met last night apparently.

I’m guessing Vidmar’s information has originated from that meeting.

Whilst I believe that they are backing him in the sense they won’t sack him today, but should we fail to win tomorrow, I believe he will be sacked.

I think we will win tomorrow however.
Think if he loses the two aberdeen games then the board may turn on him then.

It's interesting how small events can change the course of a season, for example, not buying Jamie Walker. Imagine he had been on the end of the same chances Windass had on Sunday, I may be wrong and of course it's impossible to predict but you'd have fancied him to put one away.

In relation to this thread (and Pedro's managerial capabilities) I'm curious if that was Pedro's decision not to sign him or if the board decided against it due to the fee (which of course they were right to do I suppose).

Totally agree and we had people on here saying we didn't need Walker because Windass has came good after one goid half against Motherwell.

Once the TAB ruling has been decided, we see Dave King's response, and the AGM and associated resolutions are established we'll then have a clearer picture of the financial situation.

Would it be best to wait until then to decide on Pedro's future and potential, realistic targets should he go?

Walker would have bagged at least one of those chances. Big miss. But I think the Europa result killed our budget.

Edit: should have quoted gramps1

Agreed.

Hearts played hard-ball on the price as well which made the deal difficult.

Naismith would have had us in the final too...

This is an open door for the Board to come out and say the manager's position is not precarious as the defeat on sunday can also be attributed to with the incompetence of the match officials.

OK we lost a cup game to Motherwell and we all saw why.

Lets wait and see the response from the squad.

But I have no time for all this hysteria.

I think it's the correct decision too but he's lost the fans now for the most part. Think it's not a question of if, but when at this point.
He has lost the "knee-jerk loyal" who want revolving door managers and we end up with being an eternal mid table team as the fans will then vote with their feet as they did before. We need to be patient, step by step.

This is an open door for the Board to come out and say the manager's position is not precarious as the defeat on sunday can also be attributed to with the incompetence of the match officials.
For sure that a big bearing on the result.
But for me the bigger issue was Windass once again fluffing his lines when presented with goal scoring chances.

Another brilliant cover all bases post from our very own " please look at me, I want to be loved so much "

My main concern with Pedro is I don’t think we have a poor squad so it has to come down to him, if things don’t improve within the next couple of weeks we need to make a change.

Public backing from the board isn't always what it seems though. How many times have we heard that and seen the manager booted shortly afterwards?

The next 4 or 5 games will decide his future for sure.

I think he needs 10pts from the next 4 games or he’ll be toast. I really like Pedro but like many others there is a nagging and growing worry that he just hasn’t got the chops!

He has some tricky games gong up and really can’t afford any more slip ups. Would love him to turn it round but it just seems inevitable it is going to all implode at some point within the next few weeks

So Derek McInnes wasn’t a contender when Mark Warburton left. Instead we went for an unknown in Pedro Caixinha - well known to some as Pedro Mendes is his agent.

Why would we, when the time comes, look to appoint someone who wasn’t good enough back then, now. Nothing has changed in terms of Derek McInnes managerial ability.

I don’t think we will go for McInnes when Caixinha eventually leaves.

Word within football circles at the moment is McInnes is a cert to be our next manager.

Also, folk involved within the game genuinely can't get their head around how Pedro winged his way into the biggest job in Scottish Football. He's simply clinging on at the moment because he's a Park Vanity Project.

As of this morning. Obviously, poor results can bring swift decisions but he is being backed to go on a run in the league.

No doubt the pressure is on but there will be no sacking off the back of the semi. Falling away in the league would be a different story but that's true of any Rangers manager.

I think that's the correct decision given League standings so let's back the man and his players.
Yes but it is only a matter of time unfortunately

Changing the manager right now would achieve little.
Josh Windass would still have the heart of a sparrow. Fabio Cardoso would still lack aggression. James Tavernier would still lack any kind of positional sense and Ryan Jack and Graeme Dorrans would still not be a midfield partnership and Carlos Peña would still be Carlos Peña.

Saying changing the manager would achieve little is nonsense

Good managers can bring the best out of and improve players.

We all know most of the current squad are not good enough to challenge the Tims, but I believe a better manager would get a lot more out of this lot

Today’s nonsense from the SFA may just have taken the heat off of Pedro.

I want him to stay, I want him to succeed. I think we can still achieve second, just need to see what happens in the Aberdeen double header.

Don't really see why the board are waiting to see if we fall further behind in the league. It's pretty much inevitable.

Why not be pro active and do something about it?

Back