The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

Howlin Wolf

Tbf Stewart is a bit more high profile than Leckie. Outside of this country nobody knows who Leckie is, Stewart is worldwide and is followed by millions of folk who would maybe see a story involving Rangers.
Rangers couldn't possibly deal with every negative article or blog or rant against us.
I get that, but Leckie has destroyed one of our players in a national newspaper, the article also posted online for all to see.

It’s a million times more serious than some petty run in with that dottery auld tadger Stewart, yet they responded to this.

Potnbear

A serious question. When club 1872 put out statements etc, is there no liaisance with the club on matters for going forward beforehand. Do office bearers liase with the club about their concerns and if yes, do they get responses

Coopers left foot.

Tbf Stewart is a bit more high profile than Leckie. Outside of this country nobody knows who Leckie is, Stewart is worldwide and is followed by millions of folk who would maybe see a story involving Rangers.
Rangers couldn't possibly deal with every negative article or blog or rant against us.
It's his paymasters allowing the article to be printed. It's a national Red top.

RoyalBurghGer72

I get that, but Leckie has destroyed one of our players in a national newspaper, the article also posted online for all to see.

It’s a million times more serious than some petty run in with that dottery auld tadger Stewart, yet they responded to this.
The way i see it is Leckie has shown himself up for being the biased twat he is. How long did Rangers take to react to the Stewart incident?

Trueblueal

Perhaps the board are initially contacting the Sun behind the scenes to get a printed apology or some other resolution before going nuclear.

Have to say though that if we don't get a satisfactory resolution the sun need to be banned from Ibrox. Should find out in the next couple of days how this plays out.

GovanFront4

If the club had a policy of silence against all forms of negative media, then rightly or wrongly I'd understand. However, the fact they were quick enough to defend a directors Son makes it all the more frustrating that they won't defend fans or the players.

TNT

Official Ticketer
I cannot see "The Sun" being banned.

Andy Devlin is King's "goto" man. And is at The Sun I am sure.

JohnBrownsboot

Two issues for me. I don’t like the term racism being banded about often today it is used inappropriately. After reading that article I wasn’t really seeing the racism in it. An odious piece of journalism yes, but I didn’t really see it as racist.

Then I listened to my daily update on heart and hand and heard David Edgar’s view on why the covert nature of the comments had crossed a line and were racist. I have reflected on that and agree it is racist.

The club have to ask for an apology from the Sun, if that isn’t forthcoming they have to be banned. It is no loss.

however my second point is a previous article by Keith Jackson was equally as bad in the Daily Record. We can’t call one out without the other. In reflection had the club called out Keith Jackson at the time we might not have seen the constant character assassination of Alfredo in the last couple of years.

Racism it is. Very subtle and very covert. But it is racism and we have to stop it or otherwise we are condoning it.

Southpaws

I am now at the point of believing our board to be hugely naive and somewhat irresponsible when it comes to protecting interests of the club. The Clancy, Collum performances and in fact the generally shocking nature of officialdom against our cause was a gaping open goal which should have been massively exploited in support of our quest for 55.

They (the board/pr team) seem to be happy to allow the filth the latitude to wrest back any advantage/control of the moral and ethical high ground to such a degree that it borders on reckless abandonment of their responsibility to the club and its supporters.

Do they honestly believe that by constantly turning the other cheek they are best serving the clubs interests? Do they think that by ignoring the evermore gratuitous and personal attacks on our most valuable asset they are doing him or indeed the cause of the club any service. (The answer is of course a resounding no!)

The filth are proactively policing every element of their interests with a head spinning zeal and efficiency. So much so that with the help of a compliant media they somehow manage turn what was an horrendous refereeing performance against us, into a situation from which they emerge victims. (Ryan Christie’s deserved sanction)

Why is our club erring with the continued policy of bland, defeated silence? The battle lines have changed, it’s a different age, dominated by the immediacy of information and ones ability to get in the first blow and thereafter a welter of such blows. The policy of moralistic superiority through a silence bolstered by the maintaining of a stiff upper lip is at best risible and at worst neglect.

The club must act to create a fluid antidote to the twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five assault on itself, interests, assets and its supporters. Who, against all odds have been the foundation on which the club has been able to recover from the catastrophic damage rent upon it by the very same people the board seem to wish to placate by their cowardly silence!

Enough is enough!!

Last edited:

CooperTrueBlue

Official Ticketer
The lack of true leadership at our club is frightening.
I agree. In this day and age a Skype or phone call to Stevie G was all that was required.

Give him the background and advise him we want to ban them and call them out. Ask him if he agrees, if he does it can all be done within 4 hours max.

RoyalBurghGer72

I am now at the point of believing our board to be hugely naive and somewhat irresponsible when it comes to protecting interests of the club. The Clancy, Collum and in fact, generally shocking nature of officialdom against our cause was a gaping open goal which should have been massively exploited in support of our quest for 55.

They (the board/pr team) seem to be happy to allow the filth the latitude to wrest back any advantage/control of the moral and ethical high ground to such a degree that it borders on reckless abandonment of their responsibility to the club and its supporters.

Do they honestly believe that by constantly turning the other cheek they are best serving the clubs interests? Do they think that by ignoring the evermore gratuitous and personal attacks on our most valuable asset they are doing him or indeed the cause of the club any service. (The answer is of course a resounding no!)

The filth are proactively policing every element of their interest with a head spinning zeal and efficiency. So much so that with the help of a compliant media they somehow manage turn what was an horrendous refereeing performance against us, into a situation from which they emerge victims. (Ryan Christie’s deserved sanction)

Why is our club erring with the continued policy of bland, defeated silence? The battle lines have changed, it’s a different age, dominated by the immediacy if information and ones ability to get in the first blow and thereafter a welter of such blows. The policy of moralistic superiority through a silence bolstered by the maintaining of a stiff upper lip is at best risible and at worst neglect.

The club must act to create a fluid antidote to the twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five assault on itself, interests, assets and its supporters. Who, against all odds have been the foundation on which the club has been able to recover from the catastrophic damage rent upon it by the very same people the board seem to wish to placate by their cowardly silence!

Enough is enough!!
That'll be the same board who actually saved the club?

Pandamonium

The club will probably be discussing things with lawyers. Is the article Slanderous, is it Libel etc in the eye of the law.

I hope they do something, but I understand that they need to be really careful especially banning the paper in regards to our commitments with sponsors.

Jaws

Obviously not and never claimed to, hence 'from what I've seen' across social media, H&H, on here & talking with mates. Put another way, I've not seen anyone opposed to a ban (until now perhaps).

Not sure what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?
The fact that an utter wankstain has used a position of privelege to spout an unacceptable, bordering on the racist, attack, through an opinion piece, on a Rangers player is undeniable. How we counter that is most definitely up for debate and if I had the answers to how to succesfully challenge media injustice, I'd be in a different job. I don't and I'm not so I'm not in a position to answer "what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?".

What I am reasonably certain of, is that if we ban every football hack, wankstain or otherwise, and their employer for comment we don't like, we won't achieve the parity we demand.

Twosignals

The peace written by Club 1872, comes out with, if you don’t buy, or click it hurts the media more, the Support have the, “POWER” ISO’s so true. We are factional and don’t use the, “Power” as said repeatedly by a certain person employed by DK, bring the media down.

Robocop1960

In no form am I suggesting they were correct but look at the tramps defence of Christie when it is obvious he is guilty compared to how we dealt with Hibs fans cup final scandal,the blatant cheating by Clancy in the last game against them and now this attack on Alfredo.If we dont take any action over this there is something far wrong.:mad::mad:

RfcIbrox

Someone else had linked a Sun article on another thread. Admin should delete links to that rag. It’s not just the club that needs to act.

Virgil Hilts

Maybe Stewart Robertson should hire somebody with the balls for a fight, dignified silence appears to suit him.

And his comments after the tims match were worse than fućking useless

His failure to mediately retaliate speaks volumes.

Are we always going to be on the Blackfoot whilst Robertson is at Rangers, we’re fućking better than that.

ps I’d assumes thar The Sun will have referred Leckie’s story to a lawyer with s background in libel if the editors had any concerns re litigation

devilman

The lack of response from the club is a disgrace. However, not a surprise - it does need to be highlighted to them that this isn't acceptable.

This idea that they might be working behind the scenes is not on at this stage either. They are too quiet, too often or subjects where they really shouldn't.

Kirbys House

The fact that an utter wankstain has used a position of privelege to spout an unacceptable, bordering on the racist, attack, through an opinion piece, on a Rangers player is undeniable. How we counter that is most definitely up for debate and if I had the answers to how to succesfully challenge media injustice, I'd be in a different job. I don't and I'm not so I'm not in a position to answer "what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?".

What I am reasonably certain of, is that if we ban every football hack, wankstain or otherwise, and their employer for comment we don't like, we won't achieve the parity we demand.
I'm okay with reasonable/fair criticism written in a professional manner but all-out hate pieces like Leckie's (which would've been signed off by his bosses) justify a ban. Whether that's on him specifically or the wider organisation, that would be up to Rangers.

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Independant organisations? You mean fan accounts sending tweets out? Not quite the same as the club speaking to management and the player before responding.
Don't understand what point you're trying to make. Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with what I have said to be honest.

ao2

Sadly when I read about the article and the calls for The Sun to be banned I said to myself nothing will happen. And that's how it looks I'm afraid. Some things never change and that's why they continue to shite all over us and suck Timmy's boaby.

BelfastRanger

It's not a good look and makes the club look like they don't really give a shit what they say about him. That article was rank, if that doesn't force the club to react nothing will.

Grow a set and ban the scum.

Stevie McDougall

Any negativity about our club from whoever should be challenged. If this continues, ban them. It's that simple. Nonce F.C dont mess about. We should do likewise every single time.

Virgil Hilts

Sadly when I read about the article and the calls for The Sun to be banned I said to myself nothing will happen. And that's how it looks I'm afraid. Some things never change and that's why they continue to shite all over us and suck Timmy's boaby.
If fans had sung a questionable song the club would’ve responded instantly.

That article was vile, Robertson unwillingness to sanction an immediate, public response speaks volumes (IMO)

CarlukeBear

Ban all of the media until they all learn to respect the institution that is The Rangers Football Club. Press releases through the website so there can be no twisting of facts.
I am sure the boss would love the Sun to be banned.

ao2

If fans had sung a questionable song the club would’ve responded instantly.

That article was vile, Robertson unwillingness to sanction an immediate, public response speaks volumes (IMO)

We're always on the back foot mate and this is a time when the club should be standing up and defending one of its players who, let's face it, has been savaged in that rag. The silence is deeply disturbing and indicates nothing has changed in respect of Rangers and the press.

Virgil Hilts

We're always on the back foot mate and this is a time when the club should be standing up and defending one of its players who, let's face it, has been savaged in that rag. The silence is deeply disturbing and indicates nothing has changed in respect of Rangers and the press.
I find Robertson’s inaction re Leckie, Collum, Clancy et al disgusting.

He appears to be c tent to let Rangers be gutter journos / corrupt match officials’ bitch.

We really deserve better.

I know that Robertson was rumoured to have been Boyle’s right hand man (not only @ MFC), would’ve hoped for somebody not associated with that cuńt.

Alex Venters

Obviously not and never claimed to, hence 'from what I've seen' across social media, H&H, on here & talking with mates. Put another way, I've not seen anyone opposed to a ban (until now perhaps).

Not sure what sort of mediation you think is going to make things better?
The peace written by Club 1872, comes out with, if you don’t buy, or click it hurts the media more, the Support have the, “POWER” ISO’s so true. We are factional and don’t use the, “Power” as said repeatedly by a certain person employed by DK, bring the media down.

Turrabear

The Sun - if they had any doubts re how far Leckie could push it - would’ve sought legal advice before going to print
Think your right .The big problem with the entire thing is it is his opinon and that is exactly what the current bun will say.the club would properly have to go after the individual .

The_Hammer1990

Think your right .The big problem with the entire thing is it is his opinon and that is exactly what the current bun will say.the club would properly have to go after the individual .
They give him the platform to spout his opinion.
They gave the okay to print his opinion.
They are just as much to blame in all this as Leckie is.

They should be banned.