The Gers Store "Pop Up" at The Louden Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Robert Marshall , is this the 2022 project (I may be remembering the name incorrectly) that you've alluded to in the past, or is there something else in the pipeline, too?

Seem to recall you saying you were working on something and would reveal all at some point.

@Robert Marshall , is this the 2022 project (I may be remembering the name incorrectly) that you've alluded to in the past, or is there something else in the pipeline, too?

Seem to recall you saying you were working on something and would reveal all at some point.
No, it was something completely different and much closer to my heart. I put it to Rangers and believe it might be part of the 2022 Project.
When it is possible I will let people know.

That is an excellent idea and I hope it is a fantastic success. Positive action rather than just talking about things, and there is nothing Ashley can do about it.

'our Stadium shop doesn't sell the new gear', where have you been for the last 6 years or so,. Our Stadium shop is effectively owned by SD,surely it's not hard to understand why they don't sell 'the new gear'
Quite obvious you have a problem with The Louden or me or else you would not be complaining about Elite earning more money at the expense of SD
How big is your garden?

'our Stadium shop doesn't sell the new gear', where have you been for the last 6 years or so,. Our Stadium shop is effectively owned by SD,surely it's not hard to understand why they don't sell 'the new gear'
Quite obvious you have a problem with The Louden or me or else you would not be complaining about Elite earning more money at the expense of SD
How big is your garden?

Ok mate,I’m fully aware of why they don’t sell the new gear,I was saying the whole retail is a shambles but that was pretty obvious,I don’t have a problem with you the pub or the pop up,this started out as a response to a poster asking you about it and you being smart

Let’s not go round in circles and just leave it now

Oh,my garden is reasonable sized but what’s classed as a big garden these days,enjoy the rest of your Saturday

Has this become a p!55!ng contest about the size of people's gardens.

That's a bizarre twist even for here.

Has this become a p!55!ng contest about the size of people's gardens.

That's a bizarre twist even for here.

I'm just astonished that such a welcome, simple and straightforward exercise gets such a flurry of questions seemingly querying the motives of The Louden. As far as I can tell, this is an Elite 'operation' and The Louden are simply providing the premises. Rab has already confirmed there's nothing in it for him (other than, perhaps, a few extra customers taking advantage of the free rolls and the free drink per purchase). Do we have to be so distrusting of our own?

This place is well named 'the bear pit'.

I'm just astonished that such a welcome, simple and straightforward exercise gets such a flurry of questions seemingly querying the motives of The Louden. As far as I can tell, this is an Elite 'operation' and The Louden are simply providing the premises. Rab has already confirmed there's nothing in it for him (other than, perhaps, a few extra customers taking advantage of the free rolls and the free drink per purchase). Do we have to be so distrusting of our own?

Exactly what I was thinking.

This is great news, for the club and the support. I am astonished that anyone can see anything negative about it. The absolute worst case scenario for anyone is that they won't use the facility.

The only logical conclusion is that people will contrive to come up with something negative no matter what Robert posts.

Abuse him or lose him.

It's the way of the modern fan, I have always tried to answer anything I can about myself or The Louden. Sometimes too abruptly, but that is my way.
But I won't betray a confidence or comment on confidential business matters.

I'm on a break from twitter but I can imagine that a section of our fans will be on there treating this with suspicion and asking if the Louden is making money etc. It's so predictable and tragic at the same time.

Ok mate,I’m fully aware of why they don’t sell the new gear,I was saying the whole retail is a shambles but that was pretty obvious,I don’t have a problem with you the pub or the pop up,this started out as a response to a poster asking you about it and you being smart

Let’s not go round in circles and just leave it now

Oh,my garden is reasonable sized but what’s classed as a big garden these days,enjoy the rest of your Saturday

Wow! Your entire input in this thread is multiple, poor attempts at being a smart arse...

I'm on a break from twitter but I can imagine that a section of our fans will be on there treating this with suspicion and asking if the Louden is making money etc. It's so predictable and tragic at the same time.

If The Louden is making money who cares.

The support wanted a service, it is being supplied to them, the club will make money from it which can be re-invested. Where's the negative.

The support wanted a service, it is being supplied to them, the club will make money from it which can be re-invested. Where's the negative.
With the amount of positive feedback on here, I wish i was on 5%:):):)

Certainty not me, I thought that was clear from my post but obviously not.

No, it was something completely different and much closer to my heart. I put it to Rangers and believe it might be part of the 2022 Project.
When it is possible I will let people know.

No worries, I'll look forward to another announcement in due course hopefully.
In the meantime, major respect for this current initiative.

I haven’t accused anyone of anything other than not being able to answer a question

No fake ones mate but I bet you have loads of them,see I can do that too
Like you didn't answer the question about buying anything from the online shop.

The sending wrong sizes, etc. excuse was incredibly vague and is going to be as rare as it is from any other clothing retailer. I don't believe have any experience of this and your posts just read like a pathetic agenda against the Louden and Robert.

But, go ahead, enjoy the 3 year old tat from Spivs Direct...

I agree. Why would anyone care if the Louden is making some money from this. Isn't that what commercial operators do? Do the complainers go to work 5 times a week for no reward?

I don't know or care if the Louden is making money from this, and it's none of my business. If I want to buy from the Louden or from the pop-up shop, I'll do so. If I don't, I won't. But I won't moan about who is getting financial reward for providing a service!

Robert I would put you in-charge of the Hospitality at Ibrox, I think you could make it better and well done on providing space to sell Rangers gear.

Last edited:
We are pleased to confirm that there will be a pop up Gers Store will be available from 11am for this Sunday’s match against Marseille.

This is the first opportunity to buy the current Hummel Home Kit in the vicinity of Ibrox Stadium and ideal for anyone attending the game and looking to purchase some official Rangers Merchandise.

https://www.thegersstoreonline.com/

mhcJFEd.jpg
What a fantastic idea !! Well done to all concerned.

Post of the day! Well said mate

go into most boozers and the tennents fonts are the most prevalent and plentiful,so it would seem that your taste is possibly out of kilter with a large section of the lager drinking population,

Indeed but that’s me mate I’m not a big drinker but I never buy tennents from a supermarket and I wouldn’t choose it in a bar. Each to their own.

This place defies belief at times.

I know you get grief on here quite a bit but anyone having a go at you for posting this really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

We are in a horrific and unconventional situation with the retail deal at the moment and here is an idea that will look to make the club a fair amount over the season and still some people want to criticise.

Once again I get the feeling this thread could descend into people just having a go at the OP which is simply pathetic.
not if admin are on top of things the usual suspects wont get to derail it. Pop up shop should be made a sticky to get the word across.

Hats off to you Robert. Rangers man, running a successful Rangers related business. Great initiative on this 1 and I hope you also reap some rewards as well as our great club.
Keep it up:)

Late in on this thread, but what a great initiative - and close enough to Ibrox to provide an alternative to the "Megastore" for those who can't/won't travel to the shop in town.

Imagine the Louden made money
Robert might pay bills feed himself and family
He may take a holiday or buy a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back