The Manager

He does deserve the chance, if he can get the players he wants.
If you listen to Heart and Hands pod on Gio's arrival , we were well warned of his limitations by Feyernord fans.
Bearing in mind he was a club ledgend there , they were glad to be rid of him.
I really fear the board allowing him a summer rebuild to bring in players loyal to him, and then him being sacked.
He has zero credit in the Bank with the fans and a slow start next season will see his position become untenable.

Gerrard got time and a chance to buy his own players and in the end, they even started to let him down.
GVB is an easy target, these players turn it on and off when they feel like it that's the real problem.
We seen an improvement almost immediately. An identity, everybody knows knew their jobs, we were very well organised. That's the part people are missing. I have no idea what Gio is trying to do and he hasn't made his mark on the team. We've went backwards.

Didn't want him, was roundly shouted down by folk on here for whom 'knowing what it's all about' is more important than an actual managerial pedigree.

Usual pish from folk who laughed at them for getting the Australian who they hadn't heard of. Trouble is, his record shows he's a decent coach.

What absolute pish. He was hounded out by the Aussie National team and was 3rd/4th choice by the t.aigs. They went without a manager for over 3 months. The fact this c*nt has came in and won the league at a canter says more about us.

Think if you were a player in the dressing room, just leaning over to put on your boots and then GVB comes into the dressing room.

Would his words inspire you?

Sometimes you just know something isn’t going to work out. That’s how I feel with GVB now and truth be told have done since late January.

He lacks the personality, charisma and balls required to lead rangers imo. My genuine worry is where do we find the right man? Maybe the Bodo Glimt manager or Jon Dahl Thomason who was a throbber versus us but I could get behind him being our throbber :cool:

Gio is not looking like the answer for us but if he really wants this job then he might need to throw the DoF under the bus.
During the summer window he provided Baccuna to SG and then in the window just gone when we needed signings to push for the title he gets a Man U reserve that can't get in our team and a player who wouldn't be fit for another 2 months.
I suspect nether Gio or Ross Wilson are equipped to take us forward and I'm actually worried about the re-build we have coming up.

Gio just doesn’t have it for managing us. I’m not sure who we could get, but I just don’t feel he has the players motivated enough. We are so one dimensional and obvious to watch.

No idea why this was done, surely the sensible way of going is a one year rolling deal initially so see how its working out? We are probably in a position we cant afford to sack him and his staff even if we wanted to.

We have learned nothing from the Pedro debacle, we are in a similar position now of needing a squad rebuild done by a manager that loads of fans have serious concerns with, a bad start to next season and he will be hounded out by Halloween and were left with his signings.

we could bring in new manager after new manager but if we dont address the cheating by the officials nothing will change.

Gerrard and Gio have both suffered from clancy, collum etc yet here we are still being cheated.

This summer is massive and getting more difficult as the weeks go on.

Number of players either out of contract or entering final year of their current deal, and we have gift wrapped the £40million earned over the last 3/4 seasons which is needed for this rebuild and given it to Celtic.

you’d think and hope he’s a man of principle if that’s it’s not working out, then he will walk.

That won’t happen of course, but we can’t be giving him a second crack at it in the summer. He’s not got it. Going to have to pay him off

We seem hellbent on dishing out long-term deals to managers: Caixinha got three years, Gerrard got four (although it eventually worked out well), and GVB now got three and a half years.

Couldn’t believe when I read that last night.

Utter madness.

Will cost a fortune to get rid of him, which sadly means, we won’t.

Find someone who would?

Let’s be honest with ourselves, another manager search is coming sooner than later

Rightly or wrongly, I think you're spot on.

It's only a matter of time - either in the summer or at some point next season.

The calls for his departure are growing by the week.

What if he wouldn't accept a one year deal?
Then we find a competent manager who would?

He was hardly in a place to be picky, punted by Feyenoord (going by their fan comments not before time), unemployed for 6 months and ends up in the footballing hotbed of China, he was there for just under a year, managing 23 games and winning 8, then due to covid ended up at the manegerial job centre again.

This is the CV that our esteemed leaders felt was the “outstanding candidate”
They must think we are buttoned up the back.

Were 6 points behind because of ourselves, this is embarrassing.
yet we had backroom staff sent off for calling clancy a cheat.

We have major issues with our team selections and tactics but we also have a major issue with the match officials and compliance officer.

Find someone who would?

Let’s be honest with ourselves, another manager search is coming sooner than later
We were in the middle of a season - who exactly where the other decent candidates?

Do we have the money to sack vB and hire a whole new team? The next gaffer will need to be unemployed too I'd imagine.

The manager needs the chance to build his own team just like every manager before him. Talk of getting rid at this point is ridiculous.

His main objective was to win the league, he had the squad to win it and was even given points of a head start and weve blown it.

I dont think they have better players than us, i think they work harder and are better coached, thats on the manager.

we could bring in new manager after new manager but if we dont address the cheating by the officials nothing will change.

Gerrard and Gio have both suffered from clancy, collum etc yet here we are still being cheated.
Go back to bed mate, you’re obviously still pished.

No idea why this was done, surely the sensible way of going is a one year rolling deal initially so see how its working out? We are probably in a position we cant afford to sack him and his staff even if we wanted to.

We have learned nothing from the Pedro debacle, we are in a similar position now of needing a squad rebuild done by a manager that loads of fans have serious concerns with, a bad start to next season and he will be hounded out by Halloween and were left with his signings.
He was the easy option everyone would buy into him great player played for big teams but the main thing that would pull the wool over fans eyes was ex Rangers player. What a disaster it’s been lost a league to the worst Celtic team in their horrible history and left with a club who now needs to sell lots of players to be replaced with free transfers
Wouldn’t trust him to beat Pollock juniors or build any sort of team for me the board need to be held to account for not going through a proper interview process

Fuking hell if that's the biggest issue you think we have you are in for a rude awakening.

Feel as if we need to give the manager time. One January transfer window is not enough to judge a manager on.

There are players at the club who are Steven Gerrard’s men. Joe Aribo being one of them.

Football is a mental place where managers are sacked after 10-15 games in charge. I hope we don’t go down this route because if we do it’s a very slippery slope.

GvB May well turn out to be a poor choice by the board, but we gave him the job, and we should back him. We should give him at least one full season IMO.

We have a massive game this Thursday, let’s stick by the players and the management team!

The biggest travesty is a huge rebuild with no real champions league money to fund it

We’ve grafted in europe to hand those bastards a 40m jackpot.

A summer of looking for players in the middle aisles of Aldi again

I wish we were shopping in aldi mate. You occasionally get a gem in the special buys.

More like Iceland or farm foods for us. Same as the last few windows.

The thing with this is now, as much as people will deny it, the thing that mattered is the league.

We could win the SC, probably even win the next game against them in the league and make the Semi of the Europa, but..... the not winning the league thing isn't going to go away, it will just always be there now.

Great deal of revisioninsm on here.

The vast majority on here and wider support were delighted with the appointment.

The thing with this is now, as much as people will deny it, the thing that mattered is the league.

We could win the SC, probably even win the next game against them in the league and make the Semi of the Europa, but..... the not winning the league thing isn't going to go away, it will just always be there now.

The 12 point swing will forever be the millstone around his neck

Referee was the least of our worries yesterday. We couldn’t defend or mount any attacks.

I doubt we owe him the full contract if he is sacked. A payoff of a fixed amount will have been agreed..... surely!

The vast majority on here and wider support were delighted with the appointment.
Yes but fans don't hand out contracts.

If we offered a two year deal at least we wouldn't lose millions sacking him & his team

Feel as if we need to give the manager time. One January transfer window is not enough to judge a manager on.

There are players at the club who are Steven Gerrard’s men. Joe Aribo being one of them.

Football is a mental place where managers are sacked after 10-15 games in charge. I hope we don’t go down this route because if we do it’s a very slippery slope.

GvB May well turn out to be a poor choice by the board, but we gave him the job, and we should back him. We should give him at least one full season IMO.

We have a massive game this Thursday, let’s stick by the players and the management team!
Thing is we have no idea what a Gio player is. Style, identity? You would have thought he would bring in some midfielders in his style in January. That happened. Are we at risk of bringing in players to suit a style we might not have in 12 months?

I have concerns about GVB, but I do honestly think the manager needs more time and the opportunity to build his own team.

The scum had £25m thrown at their manager in a short space to bring in recognised starting players - we're still working with the bones of a squad we assembled 4 years ago, only patched since with frees and journeymen.

If there's a worry for me it isn't that GVB will be shit, it's that he won't get adequate backing in the first place to prove otherwise.

I wasnt really wanting him but was happy to get behind him when he was appointed but dont actually see how thats relevant to the point. Im sure the ones that were wanting him in as manager would have been just as happy if he had signed a years rolling contract, we didnt need to go ball deep with a 3 and a half year one.

The talk before a ball was kicked was about the league. It was a must win.

We’ve surrendered that. Celtic also probably lift yet another treble and gain entry to the Champions League.

GvB won’t deliver a trophy. He’ll get the summer and we will be in the same situation next season because there is absolutely nothing in this management team that screams a plan or success. People can kid themselves all they want but inside Ibrox and around the pubs on match day there are a large number of people that want van Bronckhorst gone.

Latest posts

Back