Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't trying to get rid of Simpson - he's currently ahead of Katic & Edmundson in the pecking order. All 3 of them are around that 23-24 age range when they need to be playing first team football.

It's clear we're keeping Simpson because we feel we have a better chance improve the weaknesses in his game. Simpson is the coaching team's choice because he has level of ability on the ball that Katic & Edmundson don't come close to - both will either be loaned out or sold, no doubt about it.
Given Katic spent the entire year out injured you cannot say that is “clear”.

I’m going to make this my last comment on Katic because it is derailing the thread.

Do you watch football that isn’t Rangers? Caleta-Car and Gvardiol are both younger than him.
Watch football
51 years watching Rangers including many Europe away s
Of course watch other games Spanish \ Germany\Holland \ English and world cups which had pele \ and other world class players \team s
Also two years as ball boy including 1975 season
Watched Rangers through 80 s so i know what bad centre half s are Gregor Stevens

We aren't trying to get rid of Simpson - he's currently ahead of Katic & Edmundson in the pecking order. All 3 of them are around that 23-24 age range when they need to be playing first team football.

It's clear we're keeping Simpson because we feel we have a better chance to improve the weaknesses in his game. Simpson is the coaching team's choice because he has level of ability on the ball that Katic & Edmundson don't come close to - both of those guys will either be loaned out or sold, no doubt about it.
I'm a fan of Simpson, but how do you know this, in terms of Katic coming back fully fit?

Given Katic spent the entire year out injured you cannot say that is “clear”.

What's not clear about it? I think there's no way Katic will still be in the squad come September with the level of competition he has ahead of him after the injury he sustained. All the noises so far have been about him going on loan. Do you disagree?

I'm a fan of Simpson, but how do you know this, in terms of Katic coming back fully fit?

Just my opinion mate - he needs football and he hasn't even fully recovered from a serious injury yet. He is going to have a seriously hard time getting much game time if he remains at Rangers next season. A loan makes the most sense for him imo.

It's clear we're keeping Simpson because we feel we have a better chance to improve the weaknesses in his game. Simpson is the coaching team's choice because he has level of ability on the ball that Katic & Edmundson don't come close to - both of those guys will either be loaned out or sold, no doubt about it.

If ever there was a player that needed a loan to an organized SPL outfit like Livingston it was Simpson

He looks all over the shop on the pitch i really hope hes not our third choice i don't feel hes ready - he does look to have potential though

Admin, please shut this thread down and start again with a threat of a 3 day ban for any irrelevant transfer posts regarding Katic v Edmondson, why haven't we brought in more players ?, I'm terrified about Malmo, where is Alfredo, Borna, Kent ?
Only FF can turn gold into shit.
hope kent and Aribo gets time against Brighton or Madrid
Hopefully hear any update transfer news from manager when he gives interviews after friendly s

Jones and Barker are the definition of empty jerseys, both are on a decent wage which we are getting no where near value given their contribution.

Barker fits into Gerrard's European system? he was given a start over in Porto, he ran about a lot which is all he ever seems to do. Didn't get near a start in last year's group stages, I think he got grand total of about 25 mins in two sub appearances v Lech both games. Shipped out on loan.

Jordan Jones is still living off one good ball to Morelos v Legia and a decent showing against Midjylland years ago. Did well at Fir Park last season then got given a start v Ross County at home the next game to prove himself and did absolutely nothing. Shipped out on loan.

Likes of Jones and Barker only ever got a sniff in Europe due to their pace, they've been replaced by Sakala, the sooner we get them out the door the better.

I feel you need a reminder:

1. We have qualified for the eurooa league group stages against the odds 3 years on the trot.

2. We have made it out the groups against the odds 2 years on the trot.

3. We won 55 in an undefeated season scoring over 100 points for the first time in our history.

THERE ARE NO EMPTY JERSEYS!

Now, for the love of God, where is Jardel at this precise moment in time?!?

Last edited:
What's not clear about it? I think there's no way Katic will still be in the squad come September with the level of competition he has ahead of him after the injury he sustained. All the noises so far have been about him going on loan. Do you disagree?

Just my opinion mate - he needs football and he hasn't even fully recovered from a serious injury yet. He is going to have a seriously hard time getting much game time if he remains at Rangers next season. A loan makes the most sense for him imo.
My point is when posters speak of pecking orders, or third/fourth/fifth choice players. We don't really know if Katic has a future here, but if he does then he will be trying to break into the team, as always. I don't think we fans have adjusted to the concept of a squad, as opposed to a team, is my underlying point.

Edmudson can spray a pass

There is a team emerging and developing behind our first choice players.
Mccrorie,Patterson,Bassey,Katic, Simpson,,Kelly, Kennedy etc. Best they are given time to develop and gain consistency whilst the first team continues to dominate. I think any of these players can hold their own domestically as they gain experience.

Wee snippet from today ...

Glen Kamara looks to be back in Arsenal`s sights, as they are bound to lose a few of their midfielders and Arteta saw Kamara in action against his side.
Furthermore, an unnamed Russian team also seems to look at Kamara.
LINK ... and remember, you want rumours (sic!), you`ll get them. Whether there is any substance is anyone`s guess ... and most will come from the other side of the bargain table.

Of course, we have an article on our homepage with Kamara, who says that its good to be back.

BTW, anyone knows where his family lives? Somesuch might be a point in any transfer.

Watch football
51 years watching Rangers including many Europe away s
Of course watch other games Spanish \ Germany\Holland \ English and world cups which had pele \ and other world class players \team s. Also two years as ball boy including 1975 season.Watched Rangers through 80 s so i know what bad centre half s are Gregor Stevens
Ball boy is the ultimate endorsement.

Glen Kamara looks to be back in Arsenal`s sights, as they are bound to lose a few of their midfielders and Arteta saw Kamara in action against his side.
LINK ... and remember, you want rumours (sic!), you`ll get them. Whether there is any substance is anyone`s guess ... and most will come from the other side of the bargain table.

Of course, we have an article on our homepage with Kamara, who says that its good to be back.

BTW, anyone knows where his family lives? Somesuch might be a point in any transfer.
In terms of big money sales GK is the most likely to go IMO.

Katic won't make it at us unless he improves his distribution imo but he has other strengths that will make him a top centre half (unfortunately) it looks like it would be for another club if he doesn't get a decent loan and game time

Katic won't make it at us unless he improves his distribution imo but he has other strengths that will make him a top centre half (unfortunately) it looks like it would be for another club if he doesn't get a decent loan and game time

Katic hasnt done enough to suggest to me he is a future CB for us. i think a season on loan in serie a would massively benefit him and potentially us

His passing is more than ok.

Before Katic improves his *insert attribute* he actually needs to get fit which is hard enough but all the moreso without games to do it, which hes not going to get at Rangers currently. Therefore we have a problem.

25m, cheers Mikel

I'm not a huge Katic fan, but the notion his distribution will hold him back while with is us a bit daft, he is a perfectly competent passer of a football.
I might as well join in the Katic chat.

His passing is fine, he doesn’t lose the ball much because he is a safe passer. Helander is similar but has the advantage of being left footed. Goldson more than makes up for this with both of them and has far better ball progression stats.

Thankfully Gerrard will give Simpson more of a chance than some on here. If you had to judge a new player based on the very little game time Simpson has had Borna would have been offski haha madness theres folk just wanting to punt a guy only in the door.
Joining in as seems there is f all happening in the transfer front :)

Folk seen what Borna could do before he signed for us. That's the difference here. Simpson is being judged on his appearances with us only. There's no previous form or expectation to fall back on.

I’d keep Jones rather than Barker if it was one or the other.

If it was a choice between those two...

g1Lt.gif

I might as well join in the Katic chat.

His passing is fine, he doesn’t lose the ball much because he is a safe passer. Helander is similar but has the advantage of being left footed. Goldson more than makes up for this with both of them and has far better ball progression stats.
Helander is far more positive with his passing tho and tries to play into strikers and midfielders more, katic plays it safe to borna or goldson

I wish the management team would just judge players on their first touch in a Rangers jersey, if it’s not good enough then punt them! Would save us nonsense like the Simpson chat.

The management team and scouts aren’t signing ‘absolute dross’ not all signings will be successful but we need to give them every chance and that includes giving them time to settle in.

You’re confusing what you think with what is clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back