Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think every player has to have sell on value and at 31 you'd potentially get a few years out of him here if he's any good.

I agree, they dont…. But if were signing another striker its because Morelos is away, I dont think we’ll be replacing him with a 31yr old peruvian who scored 8 in 37 last season

We should be looking to improve in every position at any opportunity we can mate.

We might not be able to improve much on our starting XI right now, but we can definitely improve on the standard of the backups in certain areas. You ideally want players who can push the starters in training and make a claim to take their place if they come into the team for any reason, and in Gerrard's first two seasons that was definitely a problem. Even last season there was a drop off from Kent & Hagi to Jones & Barker; we need to improve in that area.

Not saying we don't look to improve the starting lineup too, just that even if that's very good it doesn't mean you can't improve the squad.

Great point IA.

Against Malmö away they could really trouble them.
Start those 3 up top away at Malmö & we will be in business. I’d go with big Itten Vrs Livi.

Here’s my plan…from what I witnessed yesterday during that display, I don’t think we need to sign a player. Fashion JR has really excited everyone & he can operate in all 3 positions.

Can we hold onto everyone & bank the Europa League or CL prize money??

We need to trim the squad a bit but get Buf back & in the grove we will be in business. Keep young Kelly until Xmas & re-assess things then. Hopefully R.Jack regains full fitness.

Buzzing for Saturday & the season ahead.

Start those 3 up top away at Malmö & we will be in business. I’d go with big Itten Vrs Livi.

Here’s my plan…from what I witnessed yesterday during that display, I don’t think we need to sign a player. Fashion JR has really excited everyone & he can operate in all 3 positions.

Can we hold onto everyone & bank the Europa League or CL prize money??

We need to trim the squad a bit but get Buf back & in the grove we will be in business. Keep young Kelly until Xmas & re-assess things then. Hopefully R.Jack regains full fitness.

Buzzing for Saturday & the season ahead.

I was absolutely enthused by that yesterday Russell, even when we were losing.

We could have taken 5 off of Madrid.

Sakala did very well in the central position, but the park the bussers in Scotland won’t suit that as they won’t be as high or loose, so Alfie’s game intelligence and physicality is still very important to us.

A lot of peope saying we don’t need veerman cause we have Davis an kamara etc but for all we know he could come into the team and be a level above them
If a midfielder were to leave our need of Veerman would perhaps become more intense. We don't know what Gerrard's thinking is going into this season, and we really can't say with any confidence who will not be leaving; whatever though, Gerrard will look to retain or add to the quality of the squad, and we can pick that up from his last few interviews.

I still think if we are to go up a gear to either compete in UCL or to go further in EL, Veerman could help us get there. If the money isn’t there so be it.
Would it purely be money though, whilst acknowledging that it would be very important factor in these things?

Your opinion was written in a way that seemed matter of fact. It annoys me more than it should on here when people say things for definite when they're very much guess work.

I don't think every player has to have sell on value and at 31 you'd potentially get a few years out of him here if he's any good.
True but they want £8m for him. Not a hope in hell.

There’s a difference between logging in and saying ‘I heard this’ and ‘Done deal, 4 yrs, ITK’

Was this said about Veerman? I thought that was the comment made about Lundstram, the day before he signed, which was proven to be very correct and indeed ITK.

If a midfielder were to leave our need of Veerman would perhaps become more intense. We don't know what Gerrard's thinking is going into this season, and we really can't say with any confidence who will not be leaving; whatever though, Gerrard will look to retain or add to the quality of the squad, and we can pick that up from his last few interviews.
Any of us with any sanity are realistic about one or two first teamers leaving, I just hope the chatter about Goldson signing a new deal is authentic. I think we have the people with the ability in position to replace players in most areas but I've went from someone who was very sceptical about Goldson to being absolutely sold on how important he is to the team.

Helander, Kamara, Hagi and Morelos would all be huge losses no doubt- but big Connor is a true leader.
That's an extremely tough act to follow for me.

Is this still the case after today?

I'm happy with Sakala, Roofe, Itten, Morelos and Defoe.

I have faith in Itten coming good though so I suspect those who don't will want another.
defoe wont be playing much and roofe is more injured then not

we will need another striker

sakala looks the part but he can play across the front 3

Any of us with any sanity are realistic about one or two first teamers leaving, I just hope the chatter about Goldson signing a new deal is authentic. I think we have the people with the ability in position to replace players in most areas but I've went from someone who was very sceptical about Goldson to being absolutely sold on how important he is to the team.

Helander, Kamara, Hagi and Morelos would all be huge losses no doubt- but big Connor is a true leader.
That's an extremely tough act to follow for me.
Everything, including the words from Gerrard himself, appears to suggest Goldson is signing a new contract. I agree btw.

Reactions: cav
I honestly think there’d have been a lot of noise about it by now if it were to happen.

I think Morelos is the only one that’s going to go and it’s probably the right time for both parties.
We have been excellent at keeping most of our player business as quiet as possible over the past few seasons. Gerrard did say he thought we may get one or two in, we shall just have to wait and see.

I was absolutely enthused by that yesterday Russell, even when we were losing.

We could have taken 5 off of Madrid.

Sakala did very well in the central position, but the park the bussers in Scotland won’t suit that as they won’t be as high or loose, so Alfie’s game intelligence and physicality is still very important to us.
Yeah I totally agree & know he won’t have that space to run in behind like he did yesterday but what also important is his workrate…when we play against packed defences when our attack breaks down it’s about winning the ball back as high & as early as possible to smother the dross in this league. I think Fashion will do that for us centrally & as a “10” or a wide man.

Saying that I do think Livi will have a go this weekend as their manager is a character & likes to try & attack.

If we keep hold of all the players & don’t sign anyone I’m happy with our settled squad with the 2 free transfers we’ve added.

Buzzing.

I reckon we do need another midfielder. Since Gerrard has been here Jack, Arfield and even Aribo have been out for atleast 2 months every season they've been here.

I dont think another front 3 player is needed unless someone from that position is sold.

People writing of Itten is daft, boys not even started over 2 competitive games back to back ffs. You absolutely need to give attacking players more time to bed in than any other position.

Great stuff.

Whats your latest on Kamara? Was it not yourself mentioned his agent was working hard on his exit?
Wasn’t me that one mate. Only other thing I heard was the week after the sheep game the Goldson deal was agreed in principle and would be signed upon his return which obviously hasn’t happened as yet but positive signs this week on that one.

We’d be banking that £5m plus banking EL group stage money.
Possibly, but there’s also that Europa will be worth a lot more to us this season with fans allowed in ontop of the additional £5m, I don’t think you can’t dismiss outright the possibility some funds will be freed up if we get through

Ah George , From Europa league to playing for a team with Ed Sheerns next tour advertised on it , what happens when break rules a guess

The player who could really have a great season, Roofe, was missing at the weekend, and we still looked good going forward. When have we last been as excited as this going into a new campaign?

I reckon we do need another midfielder. Since Gerrard has been here Jack, Arfield and even Aribo have been out for atleast 2 months every season they've been here.

I dont think another front 3 player is needed unless someone from that position is sold.

People writing of Itten is daft, boys not even started over 2 competitive games back to back ffs. You absolutely need to give attacking players more time to bed in than any other position.
Agree on Itten he admitted he found it hard settling here due to COVID and not being able too see his family because of the restrictions. Gerrard mentioned it yesterday as well saying Itten looks more settled now.

Yeah I totally agree & know he won’t have that space to run in behind like he did yesterday but what also important is his workrate…when we play against packed defences when our attack breaks down it’s about winning the ball back as high & as early as possible to smother the dross in this league. I think Fashion will do that for us centrally & as a “10” or a wide man.

Saying that I do think Livi will have a go this weekend as their manager is a character & likes to try & attack.

If we keep hold of all the players & don’t sign anyone I’m happy with our settled squad with the 2 free transfers we’ve added.

Buzzing.

Very good point on Fashion mate. I think he’s got that work ethic Gerrard deems essential for a Rangers player.

Im feeling really good about this season. I think Lundstram will prove to be a great acquisition, and while I’d have liked another creative midfielder, Glen looks ready to take another step up attacking wise, and young Stephen Kelly has been really impressive too.

There’s not a team Russell. There never shall be one. Of course LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back