Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd imagine we are expecting to lose one of our attacking players if we add him on top of Sakala.

Would be

Wright, Roofe, Itten, Morelos, Hagi, Kent, Sakala, Osayi-Samuel

all competing for 3 places, with Aribo and Arfield also being used there from time to time.

As I said earlier boy can beat a player he's powerful skillful and pacy just needs that end product added to his game
As I said earlier boy can beat a player he's powerful skillful and pacy just needs that end product added to his game
Would be excited about this if the interest is genuine, the sort of profile of player that suits us, obviously has talent with room to develop

On paper would be a good move but a winger is the last position I thought we'd be looking at
It’s probably not priority but if a player becomes available who will enhance the team for a reasonable fee then we have to go for it.

Reactions: LD5
Seems a strange one if he was available free/cheap a year ago and would now cost a fee.
Yeah would have been ideal to get him in January for 400k and let him settle in like Wright we have a lot of wingers but given in Gerrard's 2nd year he brought a lot of wingers in it might just be an area he likes to be heavily stocked in

We need to sign a couple of Scottish players for the UEFA squad and I'd suggest maybe Nisbett at HIVs could take Greg Stewarts squad position and it might be the right time to cash in on Borna and replace him with Doig at HIVs also.
I should add that if we don't sell Borna then Doig could replace Barker if we can get any takers.
Might be a better option.
Doug is hype. Bang average

Yeah would have been ideal to get him in January for 400k and let him settle in like Wright we have a lot of wingers but given in Gerrard's 2nd year he brought a lot of wingers in it might just be an area he likes to be heavily stocked in
I just read the article and it said he’s struggled there so possibly a deal suits both parties.

Looks pacy, strong and confident. I like that.

Plenty of talent evidently already there and lots we can work on too, I’d be happy with this.

Looks pacy, strong and confident. I like that.

Plenty of talent evidently already there and lots we can work on too, I’d be happy with this.
I paid attention to him when he was at QPR I'd describe him as similar to Ryan Kent when he first came here had all the pace skill and power to beat a player but lacks the end product would be worth the gamble if we can work on that side of his game

The link seems to have a bit of substance to it. How much do we reckon he'd cost?
There was talk a few weeks back they wanted around £3 million for him.

Don't think he has settled in Turkey tbf it was the wrong move for him there could be an opportunity to get him cheaper and I think he could really develop under our management and would fit well into our system.

There was talk a few weeks back they wanted around £3 million for him.

Don't think he has settled in Turkey tbf it was the wrong move for him there could be an opportunity to get him cheaper and I think he could really develop under our management and would fit well into our system.
The biggest thing for him imo is being consistent with scoring (which isn’t common with a lot of wingers ofc). Even when he was playing in the championship he was creating loads of opportunities by himself but not finishing them. Good coaching could hopefully sort that

The biggest thing for him imo is being consistent with scoring (which isn’t common with a lot of wingers ofc). Even when he was playing in the championship he was creating loads of opportunities by himself but not finishing them. Good coaching could hopefully sort that
Our management team have been excellent at improving players also with our attack minded set up and playing with narrow number 10's I think this lad could flourish he certainly ticks all the boxes and can obviously play on either flank so I can see this definitely happening especially with reports Zinedine Ferhat a similar type player not wanting to join us.

You'd imagine we are expecting to lose one of our attacking players if we add him on top of Sakala.

Would be

Wright, Roofe, Itten, Morelos, Hagi, Kent, Sakala, Osayi-Samuel

all competing for 3 places, with Aribo and Arfield also being used there from time to time.
You make a good point. I like this guy and I think he would add to our team but someone would have to go first.

Rangers have reportedly made an approach to sign Bright Osayi-Samuel from Fenerbahce.

The Ibrox side were thought to be among potential suitors for the winger before he left Queen’s Park Rangers for Turkey.

The 23-year-old had just six months left on his Loftus Road deal when he moved to the Super Lig early, having penned a pre-contract deal.

However he has struggled for form and could be shipped out of the club.

TumSport claim that the Scottish champions are the first club to make an approach for the player.

Monaco and Celtic are also reportedly tracking his status.
Well, IMHO it wasn`t a Bright move in the first place*, as Turkish clubs have a tendency to revolve players around a bit, as well as being somewhat liberal with pay and all. Now he`s got a contract till 2025 in his hands ...

*Yeah, naughty ... but I assume he heard that pun before.

Yes but with the addition of 100+ games in the Championship.

Does anyone know if + why he wants to leave his current club so quickly?
He hasn't had a great start over there and his team are looking to generate funds and are finding it hard financially

Reactions: fmp
I'd be very surprised if we are spending £3-4 million on a player we could've signed on a pre contract 6 months ago.

Fenerbache paid around £500k for him 6 months ago and he hasn't done great. If there is any truth in it, it will be under a million or a loan to buy for £1-2 million
We could have, and we likely tried, but he chose Turkey.

Different scenario.

On paper would be a good move but a winger is the last position I thought we'd be looking at
Barker, Jones, Stewart will all be moved on.

Osayi-Samuel is a potential go to player for Kent as let's face it we don't have a similar type player plus it gives us a chance to rest him having another dynamic number 10 who is versatile gives us something different.

Gerrard will want more quality and depth to the squad this summer and the more options we have the better especially with crucial CL Qualifiers on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back