Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassey's got it all to do.

From what I've seen of Doig he's going places - hopefully to Ibrox.
Hibernian’s demands are way too high and if Covid really is going to hit transfer fees as some have suggested they really are pushing their bar high.
Nothing wrong with that, of course, I’d expect we’d be doing likewise.

Hibernian’s demands are way too high and if Covid really is going to hit transfer fees as some have suggested they really are pushing their bar high.
Nothing wrong with that, of course, I’d expect we’d be doing likewise.
I think he’s a player we should be looking to sign we’d get a good couple of year then a profit he’s class not as good as Patterson though

Our income has to come from somewhere so if we “win/win by keeping Barisic, we need to lose somewhere else.
I think we all expect to sell someone but if we sell everyone we are back at square one.

KENT 25M
ALFIE 25M
KAMARA 15M
BORNA 12M
GOLDSON 20M
HAGI 12M
HELANDER 7m

126 million sounds good if you are an accountant but not if you are a manager who has to replace all these important players.

I reckon if Borna were to go his likely destination would be Italy as his technical style is probably more suited there.
Few rumours last year from there iirc but whether there was actually any substance to them I've no clue.

I don't think we'll get an offer that's acceptable to us and that's just fine by me.

Very important to how we play and Bassey is currently nowhere near the level of his opposite understudy Patterson on the other flank either.

Doig isn’t even close to standard of borna.

He’s got potential but has been built up to be a wonderkid on FF in typical fashion. People forget he had a mare against us and the scum a few times this year.

He was hooked early and I can remember him running the ball out of play and generally being turned inside out. Aribo made a fool of the boy several times.

I think we all expect to sell someone but if we sell everyone we are back at square one.

KENT 25M
ALFIE 25M
KAMARA 15M
BORNA 12M
GOLDSON 20M
HAGI 12M
HELANDER 7m

126 million sounds good if you are an accountant but not if you are a manager who has to replace all these important players.
Has anybody, anywhere, other than ill-Phil or a KDS nut job, even remotely suggested we sell everybody?
Most have thought one or two perhaps.
Nobody has said “All”.

I disagree - England always have trouble against skillful, highly technical teams - which Croatia are - I opting for a draw. Croatia will narrowly beat Scotland IMO.

On the subject of Borna, if he shows up well against both England and Scotland - then I anticipate Rangers receiving multiple offers from EPL and continental teams for his services. I can only hope that our scouting staff will be making contingency plans for this and will have identified a suitable Borna replacement.
He aint playing

FFS, where have I suggested this?
Not really you suggesting it but it was more a general point just because a player has a decent selling value doesn't mean we will actually sell people seem to think that because we have x players worth x amount they must all be sold

Has anybody, anywhere, other than ill-Phil or a KDS nut job, even remotely suggested we sell everybody?
Most have thought one or two perhaps.
Nobody has said “All”.

Sorry bud this was my point, we should only be expecting to lose 2 or 3. People are getting carried away with the "model" but the model also involves progressing in the champions league.

I reckon we might lose hagi, kamara and Helander

People need to realise, we have to sell.

We’re still running on soft loans, we have a new share issue. There are basic costs to cover.

We need to move the business model forward and that means, selling a star.

Appreciate everyone has opinions on who it should be. I love Borna and Bassey/Doig are no where near his level, but he’s also peak years. Keep him for another year and I’m not convinced you get top money for a 29 year old left back?

I hope he stays, but if he goes, suspect £15m is the top end and a reasonable price.
As much as I love Borna people need to get realistic with the fees we can get for him. Your top end is correct. £12-15 million would be a good price for a 28 year old (29 in November) playing in Scotland. Then you add the finance issues from no crowds and COVID.

The talk of £20-25 million is utter nonsense and will never happen.

Like you on Doig. At the right price (not at £5 million) he would be a good project player but he is nowhere near the level to be a weekly starter for us.

If Borna does leave this summer then replacing him is going to be very, very hard. His crossing and set piece delivery is top end and won't be cheap to replace.

Bassey's got it all to do.

From what I've seen of Doig he's going places - hopefully to Ibrox.
Nobody really knows how good Bassey is or his real potential.
Maybe except Gerrard, McAllister and Beale.
He hasn’t played enough for the rest of to judge.
Unless judgement is based on a fairly crap time in Paisley.
In which case they’d better look in the mirror because Borna was as bad as that on many occasions before he became the hero he is today.

Rangers have reportedly made an approach to sign Bright Osayi-Samuel from Fenerbahce.

The Ibrox side were thought to be among potential suitors for the winger before he left Queen’s Park Rangers for Turkey.

The 23-year-old had just six months left on his Loftus Road deal when he moved to the Super Lig early, having penned a pre-contract deal.

However he has struggled for form and could be shipped out of the club.

TumSport claim that the Scottish champions are the first club to make an approach for the player.

Monaco and Celtic are also reportedly tracking his status.

Rangers have reportedly made an approach to sign Bright Osayi-Samuel from Fenerbahce.

The Ibrox side were thought to be among potential suitors for the winger before he left Queen’s Park Rangers for Turkey.

The 23-year-old had just six months left on his Loftus Road deal when he moved to the Super Lig early, having penned a pre-contract deal.

TumSport claim that the Scottish champions are the first club to make an approach for the player.

If the fee was reasonable I'd take him he's a rapid and skillful powerhouse and is a bit like Kent when he came to us in the sense that he needs to add more numbers to his game but he could easily do that here

If the fee was reasonable I'd take him he's a rapid and skillful powerhouse and is a bit like Kent when he came to us in the sense that he needs to add more numbers to his game but he could easily do that here
Pretty sure Fener are having some financial difficulties at the moment as well, so if they sell him, it’ll most likely be cut price I’d imagine

Pretty sure Fener are having some financial difficulties at the moment as well, so if they sell him, it’ll most likely be cut price I’d imagine
Maybe a decent deal to be struck however we are not short of wide players/no 10s at the moment especially after adding Sakala to the mix however i do expect Barker Jones Hastie and possibly Middleton to be moved on and hopefully bring in some money so who knows

KENT 25M
ALFIE 25M
KAMARA 15M
BORNA 12M
GOLDSON 20M
HAGI 12M
HELANDER 7m

When you consider they were all bought within the last 3 years (excluding Alfie) for £20m, I'd fancy Wilson and his team to replace with similar quality for similar fees.

It might mean not winning the league next year (hardly a guarentee anyways either way) but would set the club up financially for decades.

I could imagine worse things in the world.

(***not actually advocating selling them all ofcourse but we'd make it work***)

Last edited:
When you consider they were all bought within the last 3 years (excluding Alfie) for £20m, I'd fancy Wilson and his team to replace with similar quality for similar fees.

It might mean not winning the league next year (hardly a guarentee anyways either way) but would set the club up financially for decades.

Why give up the league this season when there is a £30 million prize waiting at the end of it without having to sell a soul?

One of the strangest posts i've come across on here.

As things stand, when everyone is fit, Rangers have a very decent squad. Of course improvement is required and shedding of the non-contributors is obvious if the team and club is to progress.
If nobody, apart from those not required, leaves I think we need only address midfield. If, as expected, we lose one or two key players, I'd be confident the recruitment team have replacements covered.
IMHO, RFC is in a good place.
In saying all that, sign somebody Rangers :))

He’s got potential but has been built up to be a wonderkid on FF in typical fashion. People forget he had a mare against us and the scum a few times this year.

He was hooked early and I can remember him running the ball out of play and generally being turned inside out. Aribo made a fool of the boy several times.
Doig has a long way to go before we can even consider the £4m or £5m they want for him it would be madness spending that on someone so young and inexperienced. Bassey seems to have been written off after 1 bad game against St Mirren plenty of potential there with him.

(***not actually advocating selling them all ofcourse but we'd make it work***)
So putting the league in danger for x amount, when we know winning the league Guarantees us around £40m?

Why give up the league this season when there is a £30 million prize waiting at the end of it without having to sell a soul?

1. I'd still fancy us to win the league even with all those changes. The champions league money would not be thrown away. Any more than the status quo next season anyways - we act like it's a sure thing right now but everyone starts on 0 points in August.
2. Having cleared out half our starting 11 it allows us to develop new stars who 12 months later we would be talking about having quadrupled their value also.

As I say. I wouldn't do it. But we'd have the most crazy exciting summer of new signings ever (like Chelsea the year abramovich came in!)

1. I'd still fancy us to win the league even with all those changes. The champions league money would not be thrown away. Any more than the status quo next season anyways - we act like it's a sure thing right now but everyone starts on 0 points in August.
2. Having cleared out half our starting 11 it allows us to develop new stars who 12 months later we would be talking about having quadrupled their value also.

As I say. I wouldn't do it. But we'd have the most crazy exciting summer of new signings ever (like Chelsea the year abramovich came in!)
I think it would be risky and unnecessary personally this is the first summer window in years where we don't need a massive turnaround in first team players we have a very settled squad if it was up to me I'd get what we could for those players on the fringe like Barker Jones and Edmundson and put it towards the best midfielder that money could buy we would therefore streamline the squad break even on transfers for the first time and years and even decrease the wage budget

So putting the league in danger for x amount, when we know winning the league Guarantees us around £40m?
When X amount is 3 times that £40m and wouldn't even disadvantage us that much? Yeah... Maybes? aye?

Bare in mind Celtic will be making the same number of changes this summer most likely whilst bringing in a fraction of that to fill their 'war chest'.

Anyways - to make it clear: I wouldn't do it. But if the management Green lit selling them all for that amount, I wouldn't be losing sleep over it and would be glued to my phone til transfer deadline day (and the rest of the season to see how the replacements settle in haha)

When X amount is 3 times that £40m and wouldn't even disadvantage us that much? Yeah... Maybes? aye?

Bare in mind Celtic will be making the same number of changes this summer most likely whilst bringing in a fraction of that to fill their 'war chest'.

Anyways - to make it clear: I wouldn't do it. But if the management Green lit selling them all for that amount, I wouldn't be losing sleep over it and would be glued to my phone til transfer deadline day (and the rest of the season to see how the replacements settle in haha)
It wouldn't disadvantage us much?
Why not keep the our better players, go for a decent run in the CL and win the league, guarentee even more money then we can sell at the right time? It would be absolute insanity to sell our best players now. Granted we might let 1 or two go, but more than that would make zero sense.

This boy looks like decent

Banger, probably the most aptly named poster on FF after this series of posts,
Let's sell our whole squad to make it an exciting summer replacing them :))

Thank fuk you have nothing to do with recruitment strategy or anything else to do with the club :eek:

Nobody really knows how good Bassey is or his real potential.
Maybe except Gerrard, McAllister and Beale.
He hasn’t played enough for the rest of to judge.
Unless judgement is based on a fairly crap time in Paisley.
In which case they’d better look in the mirror because Borna was as bad as that on many occasions before he became the hero he is today.
I agree, Bassey deserves a chance, he had limited game time last season and had one howler of a game against St Mirren.
I think he is quick and powerful and with some good coaching could become a good replacement LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back