Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a striker, in the Kenny Miller mould - quick and good on the counter. Not the worst goal return, but not the best either.

I doubt there’s anything in it though, we are well stocked in the forward line as it stands.

A bit like Alfie, he struggles to get any real game time for the NT.

Edit: I’d take him by the way!.

Cheers EB, I’ll check him out mate.

The thing with that Borre link is that, while there’s probably no chance of it happening, I wouldn’t be surprised if we were targeting players of that pedigree. I mean, Gerrard tried to sign Phil Foden a couple of seasons ago.

No harm to the likes of Nisbet - a good player - but that’s the level I want to see come in when Morelos inevitably goes. We need to properly kick on now.

Seems to have been linked to Brighton who claimed they knew nothing about it, so could just be using us to drum up interest in him as well.

SIGN HIM UP!

I think I’ll get him on the back of my new top today
In gold letters??

I'm sure I've heard his name linked with us before - possibly January? I say linked, I think it was more of a suggestion from a rangers fan media site, so not sure there will be much in it other than someone looking through the free transfer list or agent putting his name out there.

Pinch of salt given the source, but my word what a coup that would be.

Had a look at a number of Argentinean journos and couldn't see any mention of this (and they love a rumour).

At that price I don't see it as a coup. He would fit our system as he is very mobile and hard working but he lacks quality in front of goal.

Edit: Didn't see that he was available on a free. Surprised his contract has been allowed to run down.

Last edited:
Had a look at a number of Argentinean journos and couldn't see any mention of this (and they love a rumour).

At that price I don't see it as a coup. He would fit our system as he is very mobile and hard working but he lacks quality in front of goal.

You wanting them to pay us to take him or something? :p

You wanting them to pay us to take him or something? :p

Lol, just saw the 15m. I'm surprised that River have let his contract run down. For free I would take him. :))

Had a look and transfer market are saying his contract does expire at the end of June.

Thought Borre was heading to the MLS with Toronto a few months ago. They were supposed to be paying him $5m a season in wages?

If that deal is dead you have to wonder why.

He's definitely yer man on here for any info!!

@drgriffen any more in depth scout reports :))

First up, if he's available on a free then I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has decent pace, he's mobile (could play anywhere in our top 3), is really hard working and has good technique. The only real downside to his game is that he isn't a natural finisher (in reality how many are). As a comparison, for his finishing, I'd say he is like Kenny Miller - he'll score some absolute brilliant goals but miss some absolute sitters.

I'll also add, I'm amazed River have let his contract run down as they need money (as do all Argie clubs).

I'll keep an eye out for anything reported in Argentina but haven't seen anything, so far. It may end up that they start reporting the interest due to the above rumour.

He's performed well in his time in South America but he's had a couple of stints in Spain that haven't gone too well he may be a player who would struggle to adjust to Scotland but that's just my take

There’s a big difference between struggling to adapt to the la liga(one of the best leagues in the world) when yer 19/20 etc than adapting to the Scottish premiership in your mid 20’s imo.

There’s a big difference between struggling to adapt to the la liga(one of the best leagues in the world) when yer 19/20 etc than adapting to the Scottish premiership in your mid 20’s imo.
Might be the case but you'd say if your coming from South America that Spain would be the easier adaptation than Scotland from a lifestyle point of view anyway

Argentina to Scotland is probably the biggest culture shock you can experience both on and off the pitch.

That's pretty much the absolute maximum that we can stretch to.

Wouldn't want us to go for that if it meant sacrificing quality on who we bring in for the midfield.

Might be the case but you'd say if your coming from South America that Spain would be the easier adaptation than Scotland from a lifestyle point of view anyway
As an older bear I remember Gabby Amato who despite being a fantastic technical striker just couldn't adapt to the sphell.

Our league despite it's obvious lack of quality,is extremely difficult in other ways in regards to adaptation for players.

Don't get me wrong,some players just don't fancy it and it's a lack of professionalism imo.

Seb Rozenthal and Nuno Capucho immediately spring to mind for me.

He did well in an extremely poor team, I'd love Derby to sign him permanently (as would everyone else I've spoken to about him). That may prove difficult though as Derby are currently under (yet another) transfer embargo.

Sorry mate, someone who never watched him said is shite. Thanks for trying though.

As an older bear I remember Gabby Amato who despite being a fantastic technical striker just couldn't adapt to the sphell.

Our league despite it's obvious lack of quality,is extremely difficult in other ways in regards to adaptation for players.

Don't get me wrong,some players just don't fancy it and it's a lack of professionalism imo.

Seb Rozenthal and Nuno Capucho immediately spring to mind for me.
To be fair, I think Amato’s issue was he wasn’t quick enough to play as a striker in those days in an Advocaat side.

These day?. He’d be a number 10 that every team wants

To be fair, I think Amato’s issue was he wasn’t quick enough to play as a striker in those days in an Advocaat side.

These day?. He’d be a number 10 that every team wants
I'd politely disagree mate,we had plenty of pace in other areas of the side although maybe power is a more accurate word- we just blew teams away playing a very dynamic style that was more than a bit magnificent to watch.

Amato was more of a poorer man's Mols imo.Fantastic touch.

Sorry mate, someone who never watched him said is shite. Thanks for trying though.
He played 45 mins in both of the only 2 wins Derby had when he played. He was subbed at half time at least once. I watched nearly all his games there, but yeah he 8s defo getting a game for us.

One of the reports linking him to Porto said 1.2M EURO a year which is around £20,000 per week. Thought he would be on more given the amount of extensions he's signed
pretty sure that is bogus, he is on more than 20k a year. I reckon if we really wanted Borre and we did sell an Alfie or a Kamara then 35/40k a week and a big signing bonus is pretty much par for a high level bosman

http://sportwitness.co.uk/rangers-s...r-player-keen-Ibrox-exit-no-problem-contract/
Hope the fee mentioned is bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back