Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is worth noting that although he was great last season, the one before that he was not so popular. I would go as far to say that some would have called him a liability. He put in same appaling performances. Often took far too much time on the ball. Anyway good luck next season whether you sign him or not.
What the %^*& are you on about as that is utter nonsense on many levels.

how much would you be expecting the fee to be ? Out of curiosity:) or what type of money do you reckon Watford would pay?

Our owner is a cheap skate. So I would fully expect us to bid £8-10mil just to piss you all off. Then he will turn around and say we tried. That’s usually the waffle we get. We never pay what any club ever wants. Which is frustrating at times. For example, if a club wants £15mil for a player, we will offer £10-12mil. Try to unsettle the player, get him to hand in a transfer request and force a move. Exactly what we did with Lewis Ferguson a few weeks ago at Aberdeen. They want £4mil plus. We offered £1.2mil rising to £2mil. Got rejected, Ferguson handed in a transfer request. So then we offered £2mil, rising to £3mil. Got rejected, we haven’t bid again.
There’s a raft of difference in Watford trying to unsettle a player at Aberdeen compared to Rangers haha

Watford reported one of the interested clubs in Rafael Santos Borré so if Kamara is unlikely at least this thread might give you some insight into Borré.

Think it was all agent talk. Reports 3-4 weeks ago that Borre stated he signed for a Prem team. The only ones linked were us and Brighton. Most outlets seemed to believe it was us. Since then though, it’s all gone quiet and he’s been linked with about 15 other clubs. Either he’s trying to get a new deal at River Plate or his agent wants a bidding war between clubs so he makes more money when clubs try to outdo each other.

Think it was all agent talk. Reports 3-4 weeks ago that Borre stated he signed for a Prem team. The only ones linked were us and Brighton. Most outlets seemed to believe it was us. Since then though, it’s all gone quiet and he’s been linked with about 15 other clubs. Either he’s trying to get a new deal at River Plate or his agent wants a bidding war between clubs so he makes more money when clubs try to outdo each other.
Think his agent is earning his commission alright.

There’s a raft of difference in Watford trying to unsettle a player at Aberdeen compared to Rangers haha

Wasn’t comparing Aberdeen and Rangers, was merely pointing out what we do as a club to try to sign players. We do it to every club. Again though, with the riches of the Prem league it’s not difficult to unsettle a player playing for Rangers. Not because Watford are a bigger club or anything, just simply we can offer him more money than what you can. If finances were even, players would pick Rangers over Watford every time. Finances aren’t even though, so you can play for Rangers and earn £10-15k p/w or you can play for Watford for £30-50k p/w. Players aren’t loyal, they follow the money. As would every human being. If a company smaller than company you work for offered to double/triple you salary. You’re not staying, regardless how feel.

how much would you be expecting the fee to be ? Out of curiosity:) or what type of money do you reckon Watford would pay?

Our owner is a cheap skate. So I would fully expect us to bid £8-10mil just to piss you all off. Then he will turn around and say we tried. That’s usually the waffle we get. We never pay what any club ever wants. Which is frustrating at times. For example, if a club wants £15mil for a player, we will offer £10-12mil. Try to unsettle the player, get him to hand in a transfer request and force a move. Exactly what we did with Lewis Ferguson a few weeks ago at Aberdeen. They want £4mil plus. We offered £1.2mil rising to £2mil. Got rejected, Ferguson handed in a transfer request. So then we offered £2mil, rising to £3mil. Got rejected, we haven’t bid again.

We'd want about £15/20 million tbh. If he was to go for a lower fee than that, then I'd imagine we would have a hefty percentage of a sell on fee in there somewhere. He's one of our most important players. He was low-key our most improved player last season. His consistency has been second to none. I sincerely hope he stays here for CL football next season. He belongs at that level imo.

We also need to strengthen our midfield this summer. Losing Kamara would put that in to a much sharper focus, so we'd be looking for an inflated fee for him. I'm amazed you've not managed to sign Ferguson yet, as transfers go, it's a tap in. Aberdeen aren't exactly cash rich atm and the players wants to play in the Premier League.

Wasn’t comparing Aberdeen and Rangers, was merely pointing out what we do as a club to try to sign players. We do it to every club. Again though, with the riches of the Prem league it’s not difficult to unsettle a player playing for Rangers. Not because Watford are a bigger club or anything, just simply we can offer him more money than what you can. If finances were even, players would pick Rangers over Watford every time. Finances aren’t even though, so you can play for Rangers and earn £10-15k p/w or you can play for Watford for £30-50k p/w. Players aren’t loyal, they follow the money. As would every human being. If a company smaller than company you work for offered to double/triple you salary. You’re not staying, regardless how feel.
Sadly , true.

Did people honestly think the Borre deal was a goer? Probably the most fanciful rumour I've seen on here for ages. An estbalished South American player as a free agent, rarely makes the switch to Scotland.

Hopefully we sign a midfielder soon.
With mounting interest in Kamara, we are going to be woefully ill equipped in that area and we still don't know if Ryan Jack will be fully fit or ready in time for pre season.

Did people honestly think the Borre deal was a goer? Probably the most fanciful rumour I've seen on here for ages. An estbalished South American player as a free agent, rarely makes the switch to Scotland.

Hopefully we sign a midfielder soon.
With mounting interest in Kamara, we are going to be woefully ill equipped in that area and we still don't know if Ryan Jack will be fully fit or ready in time for pre season.
We need two quality midfielders in regardless of potential outgoings.

There is no way Davis/Jack/Arfield can realistically play 40 plus games next season no chance especially with Davis another year older and constant injury issues with Jack and Arfield.

How much money do players need to be financially secure ffs 10-15 k a week is ha heck of a lot of money to the average working class person,so if it's not enough,let them go,because at that point they clearly aren't in it for the love of the game.

How much money do players need to be financially secure ffs 10-15 k a week is ha heck of a lot of money to the average working class person,so if it's not enough,let them go,because at that point they clearly aren't in it for the love of the game.
It’s also a much shorter career, that could be ended at any point and they obviously have larger bills than your average working class person.

Plenty of players leave teams for money, players have left Rangers to get more money and having spoken to a few players previously - a lot of players love the money - of course they do.

They want to earn enough so their parents, aunties, uncles, wives and kids never have to work a day in their lives.

Graeme Souness was quoted in the 80s saying

“I play for money”.

Players asking for more money I have no issue at all with, Alfie has probably went from 4 figure salary to being on £30k a week with us.

Doesn’t mean they don’t love the game.

We'd want about £15/20 million tbh. If he was to go for a lower fee than that, then I'd imagine we would have a hefty percentage of a sell on fee in there somewhere. He's one of our most important players. He was low-key our most improved player last season. His consistency has been second to none. I sincerely hope he stays here for CL football next season. He belongs at that level imo.

We also need to strengthen our midfield this summer. Losing Kamara would put that in to a much sharper focus, so we'd be looking for an inflated fee for him. I'm amazed you've not managed to sign Ferguson yet, as transfers go, it's a tap in. Aberdeen aren't exactly cash rich atm and the players wants to play in the Premier League.

Yeah I figured Rangers would want that much. If we really are in for him, I wouldn’t be surprised if we offered you cash plus one or two players. We’re trying to offload a lot, some permanent, some on loan, to try to bring the fee down. Who have you guys been linked with midfield wise?

As for Ferguson, we don’t value him higher than £3mil, so we will play the long game and wait until deadline day is my guess, if we haven’t moved on from him.

I’m hoping we do sign Doig though from Hibs.

Is he really that far down the road in his development I think he may go out on loan

To be honest he's a bit of an unknown quantity. I don't think we signed him to loan him out straight away. He'll get a pre season and I guess we'll see after that. He had a good season on loan at Wycombe a couple of seasons ago in League 1, a league we signed Aribo from. Injuries hampered him last season though. He could be used as a squad player first and foremost.

Veerman would be brilliant and Gustav hummer or Ozcan
we need two new addition s to improve our midfield
I saw a stat somewhere apparently Hamer was very creative for Coventry last season especially coming from a deep midfield position loves a tackle and spreads the ball about well apparently he's quite physical especially for a small player he's 5ft6 by all accounts.

Yeah I figured Rangers would want that much. If we really are in for him, I wouldn’t be surprised if we offered you cash plus one or two players. We’re trying to offload a lot, some permanent, some on loan, to try to bring the fee down. Who have you guys been linked with midfield wise?

As for Ferguson, we don’t value him higher than £3mil, so we will play the long game and wait until deadline day is my guess, if we haven’t moved on from him.

We've been linked with numerous midfielders in the past 6 months. John Lundstram, Gustavo Hamer, Joey Veerman, Salih Ozcan, Abdou Harroui, Ivan Lepinjica and Lewis Ferguson.

The latter being the least well received of all the links tbh. Although I think there is a player in Ferguson and he would do better around better players with better coaching. It's just the Ferguson name has a lot of baggage at Ibrox, considering who his father and uncle are.

Doig looks a cracking player, still quite raw tbh. A lot of posters on here want us to sign him but I think he'll end up down south, Nisbet is likely the same. Hibs likely favour selling players down South after the success of McGinn tbh.

We've been linked with numerous midfielders in the past 6 months. John Lundstram, Gustavo Hamer, Joey Veerman, Salih Ozcan, Abdou Harroui, Ivan Lepinjica and Lewis Ferguson.

The latter being the least well received of all the links tbh. Although I think there is a player in Ferguson and he would do better around better players with better coaching. It's just the Ferguson name has a lot of baggage at Ibrox, considering who his father and uncle are.

Doig looks a cracking player, still quite raw tbh. A lot of posters on here want us to sign him but I think he'll end up down south, Nisbet is likely the same. Hibs likely favour selling players down South after the success of McGinn tbh.

So a decent amount then. All good players as well. The unfortunate thing for you really is the financial aspect. It is a shame how the SPL has lost so much money over the years. Crazy that probably at least half the clubs in the championship could pay more than Rangers and Celtic. Yet both clubs historically, fan base wise, and the fact both play in Europe every year are much bigger than most clubs.

Yet you will lose out to teams like Barnsley because they can pay more money.

Haha I’m sure if you signed Ferguson, he would do well and eventually fans would warm to him.

Yeah like most rumours, we supposedly bid for Doig, agreed personal terms with him, the only thing left to do was the structure of the payment. Then it all went quiet again. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Watford, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was all agent talk trying to bring the price up.

Veerman would be brilliant and Gustav hummer or Ozcan
we need two new addition s to improve our midfield
I really liked the look of Lepinjica when we were linked a week or so ago. Like the rest they seem to get a few days linked to us/media coverage, all goes quiet and then happens again every few weeks. We are doing another good job at keeping our actual targets quite. Obviously good for the club but terrible for this thread!

So a decent amount then. All good players as well. The unfortunate thing for you really is the financial aspect. It is a shame how the SPL has lost so much money over the years. Crazy that probably at least half the clubs in the championship could pay more than Rangers and Celtic. Yet both clubs historically, fan base wise, and the fact both play in Europe every year are much bigger than most clubs.

Yet you will lose out to teams like Barnsley because they can pay more money.

Haha I’m sure if you signed Ferguson, he would do well and eventually fans would warm to him.

Yeah like most rumours, we supposedly bid for Doig, agreed personal terms with him, the only thing left to do was the structure of the payment. Then it all went quiet again. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Watford, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was all agent talk trying to bring the price up.
Sounds like you use the same negotiation team as Celtic

Aberdeen will cave in towards the end of the window on their price for Ferguson.

They did the same with Scott McKenna. Pretty sure they wanted £6m for him at one stage but sold him to Nottingham Forrest for less than half of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back