The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to sell kent, Aribo, Kamara and Barasic. Glad you aren’t the manager.
I want Bassey to stay. Kent only one goal since December. It would have been disallowed with VAR in Europa final but one he missed at the end hit off his leg as shit himself. Kent either flashy or disappears in game or many games. I like Aribo but cash in and hope Lowry can fill his boots. He going back to England we know that. Kamara flatters to deceive. Barasic a busted flush.

Butland could be a great signing for us if he Regains his form. At only 29 he could have years ahead of him. An England international keeper for £1 million. But like every signing it’s a gamble. He’s like McLaughlin he’s a giant at 6ft 5 and will catch crosses.
Where is the Butland stuff coming from?anything concrete?

I want Bassey to stay. Kent only one goal since December. It would have been disallowed with VAR in Europa final but one he missed at the end hit off his leg as shit himself. Kent either flashy or disappears in game or many games. I like Aribo but cash in and hope Lowry can fill his boots. He going back to England we know that. Kamara flatters to deceive. Barasic a busted flush.

This is a wind-up, right?

Mind boggling bro :))

I think your summary of Kent’s contribution is beyond laughable.

He was instrumental in our European run. He’s absolutely crucial to us. Could his finishing be better? Yes of course. But to say he “ shat it” is ridiculous he connected perfectly and trapp got lucky with his leg in the right place. Wouldn’t have counted anyway but he did nothing wrong there.

Sometimes I wonder about posters desperate to get rid of guys who have taken us to places in European football we could only have dreamed of four years ago, and also a 38 game undefeated league campaign to give us our most important title in our history.

Robertson's statement was in the annual report, so we were guaranteed Europa group stage finance at the very worst, plus Gerrard compensation would've been included too.
Thats not correct, annual report was issued 5th November with Gerrard leaving after its issue

The report was only to end of June for financials and whilst his comment may have included projections for the group stage prize money it didnt include Patterson or Gerrard compensation.

Im not arguing any more on it but I need more from Hagi overall. He had a good season for 55 but im sorry I cant kid on hes been better or is better than Rogic at this stage. He undoubtedly has the potential to become much better. We can all agree to dosagree.

Would love nothing more than Hagi to come back from this injury and be the top man

Im not arguing any more on it but I need more from Hagi overall. He had a good season for 55 but im sorry I cant kid on hes been better or is better than Rogic at this stage. He undoubtedly has the potential to become much better. We can all agree to dosagree.

Would love nothing more than Hagi to come back from this injury and be the top man
Jesus Christ

I was the first to criticise Kent's finishing and goals but with almost 20 assists being provided a season at what point does he clearly establish himself as a great creator who shouldn't be overly worried about goals?

It's not the exact same but it's a bit like the Tav can't defend or Kamara, Jack, Lundstram don't get enough goals + assists criticism, it's not their game and it never will be so play to their fantastic strengths instead.

Get a goalscoring right winger and we will be fine next season, 23 goals and assists at that point it shouldn't matter too much how many are goals compared to assists, you're clearly contributing something regularly.

Sakala has been fine for his first season here he gets unfairly targeted on here.
He is a trier and has scored some goals but his technical ability is sorely lacking and his finishing is wildly inconsistent. A likeable character but that’s not enough for me. We need better.

They didn't spend more than they brought in from player sales last season, though.

They've had years of stable and better finances to work with. We're still sorting that side of things and the board have went way above and beyond over the last few years.
It’s still cost us 10s of millions for a league that was very easily winnable.

We never got that money or knew it was coming In until the January transfer window. 2-3 players coming in then take time to get up to speed (our our loan players showed). Since our collapse was very shortly after the January transfer window and the scum were on a great run of form, most likely scenario is we would have had 4-5 overpaid players not managing to break into the team instead of the 2 we had.
Go back and look at Wilson’s interview he knew since November it was there or there about.

You keep saying this yet you don’t seem to tell us where the cash for these 2-3 good players was coming from?

We had a gigantic black hole in our budget requiring many millions in loans from our directors just to stand still. where was the cash going to come from?

You also continue to reference the beggars spending yet fail to acknowledge the fact they actually brought in more than they spent last year thanks to the sales of two of their players to the EPL.

And that was from a starting position of having a surplus of £30m in the bank.
2-3 decent signings would have made us 30-40 million now it’s went to them unless we make it in which given our route will be extremely difficult.

Think that this is a bit false mate.

We basically play 2-5-3 at the moment against these sides. Playing 3 at the back would be strictly more defensive than what we currently do.

Our wingbacks already get extremely high and wide against the jobbers so you would be sacrificing a midfielder for a defender in those circumstances.

3atb can be more attacking when teams play with a flat back 4 - which we don't and haven't for years and year. We were slightly more defensive when Gio first came in but he quickly unlocked the wing backs, as did Gerrard, when we were struggling.
Our biggest issue against these teams is too often we default to throwing crosses in with no target man to get on the end of them. We need to have an option to go through the middle from midfield and have a shot or a through ball.

I appreciate we all have different opinions but what madness is this

Please kindly stop posting absolute shite.

Butland could be a great signing for us if he Regains his form. At only 29 he could have years ahead of him. An England international keeper for £1 million. But like every signing it’s a gamble. He’s like McLaughlin he’s a giant at 6ft 5 and will catch crosses.

No more punts same as with Ramsey “IF “ he regains his form and if he stays fit shouldn’t be in our scouts vocabulary anymore never never again.

Butland will command huge wages.

Also GK is pretty far down our biggest needs in the side imo.

Watched a little bit of Tymon this morning.

I'll be really interested to see if there's something in this link. Because if it's genuine, I think it points to a change in shape.

Tymon played a lot of wing back for Stoke. Coupled with some of the other links we've seen... I think the 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 formation that we've seen might become our base shape.
Agreed mate. Every player we've seemingly had concrete interest in this summer is accustomed to playing in a 3 at the back system (souttar, doekhi, tymon).
You could argue that the players we already have would be better suited to that system as well.

Someone else on the Effes early today with me lol

Go back and look at Wilson’s interview he knew since November it was there or there about.
So how could we have spent the money in august that we didn’t know about until November? My point was after we knew we had the money we only had the January window to be able to invest. There are not good deals around then and even if they were, I doubt we could have got folk in to instantly make a difference and stop Celtics long unbeaten run.

2-3 decent signings would have made us 30-40 million now it’s went to them unless we make it in which given our route will be extremely difficult.
There is absolutely no guarantee of that. We would still have likely had our injury problems and run of bad form as the manager was experimenting with the team. These 2-3 players could have flopped and we could have been left the same place as now. Or worse, they could have disrupted what became a very solid unit of players and we could have got pumped out by Dortmund and Celtic in the semi final. It’s all it’s and buts. I could see if we had had a lot of money and used it on disco lights instead of decent players, but we didn’t.

It’s a gamble. No different to a poor bugger who’s lost his house saying “if I had put another couple of bids on x and y I could be a millionaire by now”.

No more punts same as with Ramsey “IF “ he regains his form and if he stays fit shouldn’t be in our scouts vocabulary anymore never never again.

Butland will command huge wages.

Also GK is pretty far down our biggest needs in the side imo.
There’s a huge difference in a loan to buy for a full year with Butland than a 5 month cameo with no prospect of buying with Ramsay.

It’s a no lose doing the loan to buy.

I’d rather have rogic in my team than Hagi though as it pains me to say
Rogic only looks decent against Livingston and Dundee. Steven Davis is in better shape at 38. To say he's better than Hagi is madness.
Cash in on Karmara and Aribo who we got for peanuts. Kent as finishing awful, seems to shit himself. And of course Barisic if we can.
£25 million for Bassey can’t be turned down. Alfie too valuable to team shape.
Sell three key players in one window? Also madness.

If we were to cash in on a couple this summer, I would be fine with Aribo and Kamara. The fee for Kamara probably won’t be as high as 12-18 months ago but I think we could get decent money for both.

In November, the 7.5m needed to see out the season had already been covered. This is before Patterson and Gerrard left and we had a run to the Europa Final.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with more excuses right enough.

‘Already funded’ = investors had committed to the funding BUT it did not reflect in the Report which ran to 30 Jun 21 is how I read that. Simply that they had guarantees to cover the shortfall. And Gerrard left in early November, the AGM was 30 November I think.

My point is that we do not know how that funding was provided - with interest bearing loans being the most likely route.

Nobody is trying to provide ‘excuses’ - only reality.

I’ve said many times now I expect a budget of £8m plus half of any sales income. I don’t consider anyone needs to provide ‘excuses’ if that’s what the Board come up with.

I am losing more brain cells reading your posts than a full night on the bevvy, please stop.

We brought nearly 16 million in between Patterson and Gerrard we knew the Patterson money was coming in we spent nothing.

All this could I agree but at the Glitter Dome they brought quite a few players in 2-3 million who massively improved them.

2 seasons champions league revenue plus the extra cash we would have got for decent performers would have put us in a different world and the risk of 2-3 decent players should have been taken.
I'd be surprised if the Paterson money was sitting in the bank waiting to be spent. Same for the Gerrard money. That's probably already swallowed up in operation costs.

I'd take a guess that we will have £3m- £4m available to us to invest in the squad this window. If we sell a player or two, I'm sure we will get a % of those sales also. I would doubt it would be anything like 50% though...25% probably more realistic.

Bosmans and loans is still our main transfer playground.

I'd be surprised if the Paterson money was sitting in the bank waiting to be spent. Same for the Gerrard money. That's probably already swallowed up in operation costs.

I'd take a guess that we will have £3m- £4m available to us to invest in the squad this window. If we sell a player or two, I'm sure we will get a % of those sales also. I would doubt it would be anything like 50% though...25% probably more realistic.

Bosmans and loans is still our main transfer playground.
This is what lots of fans don’t understand. For as long as I can remember we’ve heard about how we have a shortage of x amount that needs to be provided by soft loans or investments until the summer. If we hear this year that we have made a tiny amount profit and that a wee bit extra is going into new players then that’s a huge achievement

Get a brain.

Do we really need to spend 15/20m just now? We lost the league through keeper errors (retiring) and injury to key players (Morelos and hagi) which isn’t likely to happen again. We lost it by 4 points after celtic went on an unbelievable run of like 25 games undefeated. We won the Scottish cup and literally got as far in europe, or our universe in europe, as its possible to get. Unless we lose a massive player, a bit of tinkering (Right Winger) and we are in excellent shape.
Why wouldn't injuries happen again?
Maybe not to the same players but injuries to key players absolutely will happen.

picnic_table_bear.jpg

Not according to what we have been told we were told we would break even this season .

As per my point above we should have been in a much better place with 2 seasons straight in the Champions league.

Mate, if you think you heard Robertson say we would break even without any European profit then please show me that interview ?

I just don’t believe it, without good EL money, and by that I’m saying at the very least EL Group qualification.

F*cking moon unit.

It's disappointing how many people just want to give Helander away.

I know he's had a couple of bad injuries but he's still a right good defender.

This might be the beginning of the end injury-wise and he might go from bad to worse, if so then yeah we need to think about getting rid but he can still play his part for me.

If you want rid of Helander then using the same logic we will want rid of Roofe and Jack too?
Considering his injury record and the fact he has a year left which is highly unlikely to be extended unless he somehow manages 50 games next season, if we can get any sort of reasonable fee we should take it.

He is good when fit, but he will be fit for about 25% of the time which by the time he gets match sharpness means he is good for 15% of the season. Not worth the hassle.

So you want to sell kent, Aribo, Kamara and Barasic. Glad you aren’t the manager.
Barisic
Season 19/20

Rogic: 24 games, 3 goals, 5 assists
Hagi: 32 games, 6 goals, 6 assists

Season 20/21

Rogic: 31 games, 2 goals, 5 assists
Hagi: 45 games, 8 goals, 15 assists

Season 21/22

Rogic: 50 games, 6 goals, 10 assists
Hagi: 27 games, 4 goals, 4 assists

'far more effective' ..
Sorry to bring this back to the thread but just catching up and would love to see @Jjbscotty ’s counter to this as it was him claiming Rogic was much better than Hagi :))

Considering his injury record and the fact he has a year left which is highly unlikely to be extended unless he somehow manages 50 games next season, if we can get any sort of reasonable fee we should take it.

He is good when fit, but he will be fit for about 25% of the time which by the time he gets match sharpness means he is good for 15% of the season. Not worth the hassle.
Do we do the same with Jack then? Sell him now also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back