The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we would consider spending 8-10m on Diallo?

Have you lost your mind, Sir?
I think a loan with an option to buy would be a good move for Diallo. Despite his reputation on here, he was always involved in plenty of goals/chances and it’s important to remember he’s only 19. He’s barely played any first team football. If you get a get a teenager that cost up to £35m or so in add ons and have option to get him for £8m, that’s good business. If he’s rubbish, let him go back to United. If he comes in and nets 15 times and starts putting goals on a plate for others, it’s a bargain and huge sell on value

We could get away with selling one (certainly Aribo more than Alfie) but I agree it’s a huge ask for new players to settle in right away. Aribo, Kent, Bassey, Lundstram all took months to settle in.

Celtic managed to bring in a brand new starting 11 and won the title, as well as LC, so it can be done.

Way too much credence is being given to this word.

if you know you’ve done all you can then you’re relaxed about the outcome. It doesn’t mean you like it.

if you have an overview of the business, speak to the players regularly and aren’t making your decisions using emotion, via a web site and second hand , at best, information……. Then yeah. You probably are relaxed.

I actually think there’s people on this board who get anxious in their daily lives because they’ve formed negative connotations with the word relaxed now.

Diallo - A loan to buy at £8-10 million,

giphy.gif

Remember the media and ITKs had Goldson leaving right up and until the club announced he was staying.

No point getting worked up.

Goldson's situ now looks way different as it appears that he was always staying but to save the club paying another £1m to Brighton he had to fully run down his contract and then resign for us the following day.

Goldson's situ now looks way different as it appears that he was always staying but to save the club paying another £1m to Brighton he had to fully run down his contract and then resign for us the following day.
Why’d we have to pay more?? First I’ve heard of this. Surely more money would come down to appearance or performance and that wouldn’t matter regards signing a new contract.

I suppose you could argue Ramsay's loan was directly to cover Hagi's injury. Hagi's return means we may not need another such deal, depending on when that is expected exactly, especially with the emergence of Lowry taken into account.

But in terms of Diallo and Ced I agree. Clear gaps in the squad that have been recently vacated and should indicate an addition to be made there.

Yes there’s no doubt your point on Hagi is right, albeit he won’t be back for many months.

Lowry, unquestionably a real talent going forward, but are we saying he is at the stage of being relied upon to be a starter this season ? I’d suggest that’s risky given what is at stake.

I think a loan with an option to buy would be a good move for Diallo. Despite his reputation on here, he was always involved in plenty of goals/chances and it’s important to remember he’s only 19. He’s barely played any first team football. If you get a get a teenager that cost up to £35m or so in add ons and have option to get him for £8m, that’s good business. If he’s rubbish, let him go back to United. If he comes in and nets 15 times and starts putting goals on a plate for others, it’s a bargain and huge sell on value
think It would be smart to at least offer it, after all it’s an option to buy not an obligation, you started to see what he was all about post split which was pretty impressive of someone his age, plus just look at how he got more goals in the league than Kent and we paid 7m for him

I wouldn’t be keen to bring Diallo back tbh.

Say Aribo and Morelos were sold for a minimum of £20m. Imo we would need to invest £10-14m of that on 2 strikers, RW and a attacking midfielder.

Again only speculation but if we had Colak, Bothiem, Roofe and Sakala it’s not bad at all for a frontline.

Yes there’s no doubt your point on Hagi is right, albeit he won’t be back for many months.

Lowry, unquestionably a real talent going forward, but are we saying he is at the stage of being relied upon to be a starter this season ? I’d suggest that’s risky given what is at stake.

Lowry needs to be managed carefully next season, I agree GY!!

Expectations will probably need managed as well

The same sources from our side that are saying Aribo leaving is likely are saying the opposite about Alfredo I still think he stays unless Sevilla double what they are offering

It is time for a refresh. As long as we are looking at good replacements I'll happily take a combined £20m plus add ons and thank them both for their time and wish them all the best.

PS it would be strange not seeing Alfie's cheeky wee face around the place but he has been a fantastic signing, and if the Seville interest is serious, he deserves his move to a top 5 league.

Last edited:
Remember the media and ITKs had Goldson leaving right up and until the club announced he was staying.

No point getting worked up.
Eh, excuse me! I posted a highly dubious stag do video of goldson which fluked into being correct. Nobody is taking my ITK blue verified tick away from me!

Update: i am still not actually itk and have no further information to offer other than my sources tell me we aren’t signing mbappe. Or bruce anderson.

Blue tick remains.

Overly snide take on Morelos, arrived for under a million and has gone on to be our top scorer in Europe and has turned into an absolutely fantastic player, he’ll be a massive loss and has been a brilliant signing.

'Overly snide'

I rest my case.

Not disputing his talent, nor the loss we will feel when he eventually goes.

Simply stated there have been better players than him who have left for far less.

If he doesn't re-sign, and I'm still hoping he does, than I think you have to consider taking anything close to £10+ million.

Eh, excuse me! I posted a highly dubious stag do video of goldson which fluked into being correct. Nobody is taking my ITK blue verified tick away from me!

Update: i am still not actually itk and have no further information to offer other than my sources tell me we aren’t signing mbappe. Or bruce anderson.

Blue tick remains.

But you haven't ruled out every player in between.

Why’d we have to pay more?? First I’ve heard of this. Surely more money would come down to appearance or performance and that wouldn’t matter regards signing a new contract.

It has been the very strong rumour since he re-signed. I have heard it discussed on a few Rangers podcasts, including H&H, that I listen to.

All I can say if true, it must have been written into his contract.

If we take in approx 25-30 odd million from transfers, I would much rather have a competitive crack at the Europa League again rather than go into the champs league and take a doing.
Ideal scenario is get a decent amount of transfer money, spend it accordingly, qualify for the CL, finish 3rd in the group, win the Europa.

Then Pamela Anderson 1995 version comes and sits square on my face.

If we take in approx 25-30 odd million from transfers, I would much rather have a competitive crack at the Europa League again rather than go into the champs league and take a doing.

So u would dismiss a guaranteed £40m plus for possibly a tournament where we might only get around £9/10m?

U would dismiss an opportunity that guarantees a better standard of player bought and the infrastructure of our club enhanced to possibly go a wee bit further in Europe?

Last season was amazing but we need the champions league to see better on and off the park in the short to long term.

These folk that would happily not qualify for the champs league in the hope we go far in the Europa are off their nut!

Would be gutted to lose the likes of Aribo and Morelos.

At the same time I understand it is the model we must be following and it's long overdue that our player trading kicks in.

It's just a wrench cause we're not used to it.

We need to get excited about signing top talent and flipping them. Rinse and repeat.
This is a very good post.

I agree risky, but if he is to be seen as an understudy to Hagi, his opportunities will be limited by Hagi's presence. Just as Patterson only got opportunities to impress when Tav was rarely injured, perhaps Lowry shows enough this pre-season that he can cover the role until Hagi's (unspecified return date). Arfield and Aribo are also there to take pressure off the boy as they can play in similar roles. If Aribo goes, he's likely to be replaced with similar...

So, aye, I think we could see it as an opportunity for Lowry, but acknowledging that if he can't step up or needs to be introduced more slowly, that we do have experienced back-up to him in the form of Arfield particularly.

So, aye, I think we could see it as an opportunity for Lowry, but acknowledging that if he can't step up or needs to be introduced more slowly, that we do have experienced back-up to him in the form of Arfield particularly.

I’m not anti Lowry, quite the opposite in fact, as I think he will be better than Hagi if he works hard over the next couple of years.

My concern is that August has 4 potentially season defining matches, for the CL Groups. That’s very soon mate.

I get the impression that we were expecting/relying on a greater deal of interest in some of our players that hasn't yet materialised. There will still be a budget without departures, but it looks like we're trying to get some momentum behind a reasonably big sale to kick start our transfers.

Only on FF would we want to take back a failed loan player for our biggest problem position.
I've nothing against Diallo & I hope he has a great career, but I don't see it as a good option for us this season - we need someone proven that can deliver right away.

Plenty giving him a pass for last season as "players need time to settle" - unfortunately for us Kyogo, Abada & Jota didn't seem to need any time to settle last season.

Chris Jack now out saying Rangers need a resolution to the Alfie stuff sooner rather than later.

This must be the clubs stance so sounds like they want an acceptable bid now to fund a rebuild.
Seems that way , putting it out there he’s not signing another deal .

Chris Jack now out saying Rangers need a resolution to the Alfie stuff sooner rather than later.

This must be the clubs stance so sounds like they want an acceptable bid now to fund a rebuild.

Can't be arsed with another Morelos Saga all Summer. If Seville are serious get on the phone to them today and get a deal thrashed out.

It's holding back our own rebuild.

2 trophies in 4 seasons for pretty much the same team of players.

And losing the league post January on 3 of these seasons. That's a weakness and a concern.

The EL run was great - but this team needs freshening up big time.

I never get this dig at the current squad for the trophies they've won you just have to look at the amount of squad changes we've had over those 4 seasons. No context is ever given to it either like what Gerrard inherited and where the club was before he arrived. Year 2 we should have won the league cup final that could have been the catalyst for them to go on and win more.

Last season wasn't the same as year 1 or 2 either for me January was down to Gio getting it completely wrong tactically like trying to sit on a 1-0 lead for 53 minutes against Aberdeen, then trying the exact same thing at Ross County when we were on top and then the less said about the piggery the better. There was a few dropped points along the way after that but the tims winning 27 of 31 games is what won them the league in the end. Our points total last season would have been enough to win 4 of their last 10 league titles that they've won. Cup performances in those 4 season that we lost in certain games weren't acceptable like Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone, St Mirren before that comes back on me.

Everyone agrees the squad needs a refresh but the squad we have at the moment is a good one you don't reach a European final if you have a poor one. Think people need to be patient there's plenty of time to get our business done to improve both the starting 11 and the squad itself.

tims winning 27 of 31 games is what won them the league in the end.

They done that because the league in Scotland is f*cking garbage and it isn't now the massive achievement some on here like to paint it to be TBH to go on a run like that because the gap between Rangers, them and the rest of the league is massive.

WE should have been doing that

I’m not anti Lowry, quite the opposite in fact, as I think he will be better than Hagi if he works hard over the next couple of years.

My concern is that August has 4 potentially season defining matches, for the CL Groups. That’s very soon mate.
I agree, it's not ideal (but things rarely are), but right now we have the core squad available who got us to the Europa final. We have lost Balogun and gained Souttar. Lost Ced and yet to be convincingly replaced (who knows, maybe Lovelace IS the plan) but he wasn't in the euro squad anyways.

Otherwise, the squad is intact apart from the end of loan for Ramsey and Diallo, both of whom had minimal impact on euro squads. Basically there is only so worries we can be, until we are selling players like Aribo and Kamara. I'd like a Right Wing and 3rd striker in before those games. But I do feel that Aribo goes in to them as starting '10' behind Morlelos and between Kent and (provisionally for now) Wright. Lowry and Arfield are in the wings, with opportunities for game time domestically hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back