The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t sign a towering centre half we are going backwards as a team.

I’d like to see the stats but we have to be one of the smallest squads in height and physicality in European football.

At points last night it was like watching land of the giants against us. We have lost Aribo and Bassey and brought in nobody of remotely the same height/stature. You throw Yilmaz into the team and we become even smaller.

Even ally McCoist said it post match on BT- we have noticeably become a much smaller team under Gio and it shows in these games.

It is a bit of a worry, especially domestically. I always thought we had one of the biggest squads...the last couple of seasons with old firm games we bullied them physically.

In saying that, PSV looked massive last night. Probably the biggest side we've faced.

Last night we essentially lost two goals from corners and neither were height related yes these things can happen yes the first you could tag as rather unlucky but the second was oit and out defensive attitude .

however do we have a more general exposure to aerial ? Well psv will planning on proving that next week let’s see what that tells us .

One thing re Davies he is 185cm . That’s what 6’1’’ . The example above by someone says same as Marvin Andrews now whether a direct comparison is right or not he was 187cm so that is of course flawed .

Aerial skills differ by person there are many facets to that feature other than height p but height is a pretty important one on the list.

Final point is we need to resolve conceding dead ball goals and if that is down to players not making the right actions then they deserve a chance to improve and if they don’t they should find themselves replaced .

You watch the epl? How can anybody possibly say football is not getting more and more about pace and power? You must be the only person to think this.
The full debate was about height.

Pace yes i agree with but the point on this thread was about height /power.

The modern game is not about height and power.

We need a new CB.

Currently have only one fit first choice CB (considering Katic isn't in Gio's plans)

Souttar, Helander & Davies injured/needing time to get up to speed.

Leon King isn't quite ready to be the mainstay, and Sands would be better in midfield.

Cannot go the season like that.

Ben Davies is over 6ft. i think he’s closer to 6ft2 which is good size. He’s actually the same size as Marvin Andrews who we would all agree didn’t seem “undersized”.

Yilmaz is smaller than Borna, i’ll give you that one!
Davies is a willowy figure though. It’s not just height but stature as well. He’s too Willlowy and need to bulk up. Comparing him to Marvin Andrews who was like man mountain is bonkers.

Might be nothing probably is nothing but Matthis Abline who we were linked with has signed with the Wasserman agency quite a lot of our squad use them as their agents
Boy is going to be a star. we have watched him enough times to know this. Would be all about moving people out and finding a price range.

Big future ahead of him. His strike partner in the youth ages at Rennes signed for Bayern for mega money this summer. Abline was the stand out for me between them in the youths.

His loan at Le Havre showed he can step up. His initial burst of pace after his first touch, which is also brilliant, reminds me very much like a young Benzema at Lyon.

Last edited:
Wonder if the club will make 1 or 2 more moves before the window shuts. Next week will obviously be key to what we do but would like us to go and get a midfielder and another striker to replace Sakala

We need a new CB.

Currently have only one fit first choice CB (considering Katic isn't in Gio's plans)

Leon King isn't quite ready to be the mainstay, and Sands would be better in midfield.

I don't think we will buy another CB Souttar and Davies were brought in and anyone else selected will be required to step in when required like Sands.

Could we not have brought Davies and Yilmaz in a bit sooner that's a question for the management both playing catch up already.

Last night we essentially lost two goals from corners and neither were height related yes these things can happen yes the first you could tag as rather unlucky but the second was oit and out defensive attitude .

however do we have a more general exposure to aerial ? Well psv will planning on proving that next week let’s see what that tells us .

One thing re Davies he is 185cm . That’s what 6’1’’ . The example above by someone says same as Marvin Andrews now whether a direct comparison is right or not he was 187cm so that is of course flawed .

Aerial skills differ by person there are many facets to that feature other than height p but height is a pretty important one on the list.

Final point is we need to resolve conceding dead ball goals and if that is down to players not making the right actions then they deserve a chance to improve and if they don’t they should find themselves replaced .
The second goal was a killer. What happened to a player marking the back post, Davis was great at that. A real sickener.

We need a new CB.

I get your point but that's six you have named for two positions. We are not signing another one unless one (probably two) leave.

Boy is going to be a star. we have watched him enough times to know this. Would be all about moving people out and finding a price range.

Big future ahead of him. His strike partner in the youth ages at Rennes signed for Bayern for mega money this summer. Albine was the stand out for me between them in the youths.

His loan at Le Havre showed he can step up. His initial burst of pace after his first touch, which is also brilliant, reminds me very much like a young Benzema at Lyon.
Do you think there's a chance of it happening or is he destined for a bigger move?

Apologies for the poor quality photos (if they even work) but any suggestions as to who this might be?
Saw him with a group of people in the car park tonight, and a well known and well liked ex player of ours was saying to him “congratulations, its an amazing club, grab the opportunity and make the most of it”

(White jacket in the top photo)

Apparently this lad played and scored in the bounce match vs Huddersfield today, no idea what his name is though.

He's a centre back and apparently 'huge'.

I’m not writing them off, Matondo in particular has offered plenty already but we’ve made a big investment in these players to not play them in a game as important as last night was.
There’s no point in just throwing them on if they’re not ready. That would do more harm than good.

They need to be ready for tactical and formation changes and surely that takes time.

Do you think there's a chance of it happening or is he destined for a bigger move?
I think this summer we could have got him for a decent price. Rennes no longer need to sell now with the outgoings this summer. He wants first team football though. He pushed for the loan move last season to Le Harve because he still on the fringes at Rennes. He's not been involved in the opening 2 games of the season so it's one to keep an eye on.

Im confident we'll see more movement after next Wednesday when we know if it's CL or Europa.

I think we'll see Roofe go out on loan and we'll bring in a replacement.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Kamara sold and replaced.

As hectic as this window has been I still feel we're a CB & CM short.

Signing Souttar was just stupidity given Helanders injury issues.

Big future ahead of him. His strike partner in the youth ages at Rennes signed for Bayern for mega money this summer. Albine was the stand out for me between them in the youths.

My instinct is he is Alfie’s replacement. He isn’t coming to us to be a 2nd choice. He wants to advance his career playing 1st team football- all depends on whether Alfie signs again or not.

Im confident we'll see more movement after next Wednesday when we know if it's CL or Europa.

Alternatively, Kent and Morelos hanging off signing up?
Are they waiting for the CL qualification before signing?
If we get papped out, and they don't sign, we're looking at last minute punting, or them going for nada. :eek:

Who on earth is taking Roofe on loan when it would appear he's not even training yet? Not that I've seen in any footage or photos at least.

Last year we were complaining about going into Malmo without strengthening the 11.

Last night, we had only 3 new signings feature and our 3 most expensive outlays not even on the pitch.

I made the point that when we lost Bassey, Aribo and Balogoun that we were at risk of becoming much weaker at both defending and attacking set plays and early evidence has suggested that is the case.

I will give the new signings time but my concern is that both Gio and Ross Wilson have left us remarkably exposed to a tactic that both weak and strong teams we face can easily exploit.

Who on earth is taking Roofe on loan when it would appear he's not even training yet? Not that I've seen in any footage or photos at least.
Hes been linked with Sheff Wed.

I think we'll see him leave late in the window on loan.

Players can sign for other clubs whilst unfit/injured.. its actually pretty common.

Hes been linked with Sheff Wed.

I think we'll see him leave late in the window on loan.

Players can sign for other clubs whilst unfit/injured.. its actually pretty common.
I'm sure plenty would take him if he was fit. As things stand, even if he were to resume training today, he's probably going to be after the September international break before he kicks a ball for anyone in anger. That's a long wait for any new club.

I'm sure plenty would take him if he was fit. As things stand, even if he were to resume training today, he's probably going to be after the September international break before he kicks a ball for anyone in anger. That's a long wait for any new club.
Time will tell I suppose.

I just don't see him being here come September 1st.

No one know who this CB is ?
lots of people know or pretend to know what’s going on and the guys played a bounce game for us yet no one has any idea :)

Hate that it's the record sharing this but strange the club owner mentions rangers when referring to who's paying 5mil? Anyone heard or seen anymore?
I know he's said that he's not for sale ATM due to waiting on a result. Think I remember a few talking about him.on here though as really good.

Hate that it's the record sharing this but strange the club owner mentions rangers when referring to who's paying 5mil? Anyone heard or seen anymore?
I know he's said that he's not for sale ATM due to waiting on a result. Think I remember a few talking about him.on here though as really good.
Article comes from here

Headline is

Gigi Becali, firm response after Rangers' offer for Darius Olaru: "From Friday we resume discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back