The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't get the love-in with Ryan Jack.

He's a decent player who obviously loves the club, but he is regularly injured for extended periods of time.
He doesn't do anything particularly spectacular that would endear him to fans... I mean I get that he has a bit of talent and a bit of dig, but then I don't see his love of the club and determination to succeed as any greater than that of the likes of Lundstram, who has been at the club for 1 year.

Maybe someone can explain what it is that's so special about him
For a long time, Jack’s absence left a gigantic hole in our midfield defensively. In recent months, Lundstram has plugged the majority of those needs and the midfield partner sweeps up the rest. For the money quoted & a few pennies we already have to find a replacement, I’d be happy to see Jack move on for that fee.

I’m a huge fan of Jacko, but he’s aging, perennially unfit & the demands on his body will only worsen with our hectic schedule.

Getting £4 million for a very talented league winning, experienced European finalist and international player would not be that amazing Mr Beard!
Unfortunately mate said player can’t manage two games in a row and has missed almost 50% of our games in the last two years due to injury.

I like him but that is an offer we cannot refuse (if indeed there’s any truth in it ) .

I love Ryan Jack and Morelos but the two of them have looked miles off it since the season started. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt due to coming back from injury. However the amount of players we haven’t got available due to injury or fitness is pretty worrying.

I like Ryan Jack and would be sad in a way to see him leave, but there's no danger wee Beale is paying £4m for a guy with Jack's injury record to come to a league as physically demanding as the English Championship.

Their schedule is hectic enough without having to factor in the re-scheduling due to a mid season World Cup.

People who watch the game and see the work he does on the pitch understand his value to the team.

We certainly improved last season on his return. He is a player that does lots of graft and is very good at regaining possession and retaining g possession.

For some reason he has always had the same group of people who slag off his contribution at every single opportunity.

QPR would have a bargain if they get him for £4m.

We would be losing a top player.
Fair enough, I don't watch the game so I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

It's the same old story on here, when you aim a hint of criticism at a player (while at the same time accepting that he has some redeeming qualities) people who disagree suggest you know nothing about football and they themselves are football savants who's knowledge about the game dwarves your own.

Jack is a decent player, nothing more. If he was exceptional, we'd have had offers for him from bigger clubs. He is never spoken about as one of our sellable assets the way Morelos, Kent, Kamara are and Bassey and Aribo were, and the reason for that is that there appears not to have been much (if any) interest in him* from other clubs. Why is that?

Anyway, IMO Jack is a decent player, nothing more, and if we were offered £4m for him, I'd be willing to bet that our management team would be more than happy to accept that offer. The stumbling block might be Jack himself not wanting to move.

*that we know of

Can argue similar for Roofe and Helander. Particularly Helander, who would be a nailed on cert to play LCB every week if health.

But as the old adage goes; the best ability, is availability and neither of those players has it.

Its sad, but £4M could get you a very decent player for in the middle and Jack will never be able to play the number of games we need from him.
Jack has been more available since he returned. We should be rotating players using our squad and Jack certainly has plenty to offer as part of the squad. Might not manage two games a week all season but can still be very effective.

You'd bite QPR hand off for that deal. I like Ryan Jack but 4mil for a player that is injury prone doesn't have the legs for big games and in his last year of his deal? It won't happen IMO

It's time for Kamara to move on.

Hes no longer a trusted first team pick and doesn't have a role in this system.

Sell for what we can and replace him with the boy Olaru.

Agreed!

When he is played as a 10 he isnt cutting it and when played as a 6 or 8 he is just too slow.

If we can replace him with Olaru it would be good business, we should easily recoup the money spent on Olaru with his sale.

Agreed!

When he is played as a 10 he isnt cutting it and when played as a 6 or 8 he is just too slow.

If we can replace him with Olaru it would be good business, we should easily recoup the money spent on Olaru with his sale.
Kamara played a massive part in us getting to the Europa League final, he hasn't became a worse player in 2/3 months.

It's time for Kamara to move on.

Hes no longer a trusted first team pick and doesn't have a role in this system.

Sell for what we can and replace him with the boy Olaru.
Definitely. I don't think Gio trusts him. I'm still really annoyed at him for not doing his job and blocking that PSV player for their 2nd goal.

Good time for him to move.

In my opinion it's obvious we need a different type of midfielder than we already have to play alongside Lundstram. Selling Ryan Jack for £4m would be incredible business & would allow us to buy the midfielder we need, but that rumour has got to be the biggest load of pish I've heard.

Kamara being sold is the only realistic way I can see us freeing up space in the middle of the park.

Fair enough, I don't watch the game so I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

It's the same old story on here, when you aim a hint of criticism at a player (while at the same time accepting that he has some redeeming qualities) people who disagree suggest you know nothing about football and they themselves are football savants who's knowledge about the game dwarves your own.

Jack is a decent player, nothing more. If he was exceptional, we'd have had offers for him from bigger clubs. He is never spoken about as one of our sellable assets the way Morelos, Kent, Kamara are and Bassey and Aribo were, and the reason for that is that there appears not to have been much (if any) interest in him* from other clubs. Why is that?

Anyway, IMO Jack is a decent player, nothing more, and if we were offered £4m for him, I'd be willing to bet that our management team would be more than happy to accept that offer. The stumbling block might be Jack himself not wanting to move.

*that we know of
Every player we sign isn’t going to be a £20m sell on. That is cloud cuckoo land stuff of the other side of the city.

Jack was a Bosman from Aberdeen. We need solid steady squad players. That stay season after season and play best years of their career with us. Jack is one of them.

I am fine with constructive critical assessment of any player. But on here the criticism of Jack is constant negative and usually baseless.

While I like very much the model of buying players and developing them we also need solid squad players.

I love Ryan Jack and Morelos but the two of them have looked miles off it since the season started. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt due to coming back from injury. However the amount of players we haven’t got available due to injury or fitness is pretty worrying.
Morelos has been put for 5 months, what did you expect?

So the Jack to QPR is a WhatsApp rumour :)

We won’t get much for Ryan and he wouldn’t want to leave anyway he’s not a top earner and hopefully his injury problems are mainly behind him.

He does need management but he’s one of our best and most important players and you would need to drag him out of Ibrox kicking and screaming so regardless he’s going no where.

Kamara played a massive part in us getting to the Europa League final, he hasn't became a worse player in 2/3 months.
He was poor for the majority of last season mate and he's clearly not a first team pick anymore.

Hes offering absolutely nothing these days.

Clearly the whole CM that Gio has complete faith in is Lundstram.

Every other one rotates in and out, gets subbed, subbed on etc.

We will know more of where we stand this time next week but I reckon it will be 1 out and 1 in.

If so, you would have to assume the out would be Kamara.

Every player we sign isn’t going to be a £20m sell on. That is cloud cuckoo land stuff of the other side of the city.

Jack was a Bosman from Aberdeen. We need solid steady squad players. That stay season after season and play best years of their career with us. Jack is one of them.

I am fine with constructive critical assessment of any player. But on here the criticism of Jack is constant negative and usually baseless.

While I like very much the model of buying players and developing them we also need solid squad players.

My original point was that I couldn't understand why people would be heartbroken if Jack left, but now that you've explained that he's a 'solid steady squad player' I can see your point.

Yeah, I reckon this is the case too. All their summer signings so far have been free transfers, they haven't spent an awful lot on players for a few years now.
They are very skint. Unless they make a significant sale they won't be spending £4m on one player. Especially a 30 year old.

£4m for Ryan Jack :))

Honestly some folk need their head examined. Ryan Jack has probably never been worth £4m in his career never mind with 1 year left on his deal and not long recovered from another injury to add to his long, long record of injuries.

Good squad player now but cannot he relied upon for any period of time, if his contract is renewed it’ll be for homegrown purposes as he’s never going to be playing 30-40+ games a season.

In my opinion it's obvious we need a different type of midfielder than we already have to play alongside Lundstram. Selling Ryan Jack for £4m would be incredible business & would allow us to buy the midfielder we need, but that rumour has got to be the biggest load of pish I've heard.

Kamara being sold is the only realistic way I can see us freeing up space in the middle of the park.
Agree with all of this

One of my fav players but hasn't had a good time lately.

If theres £4m on the table for him then I think we'd have to sadly accept it.

Edit: Just to add if Ryan Jack is still at the club by the end of the window I won't be in the slightest bit disappointed.

it really is, it's about fitness, power, recovery, speed, diet, I don't think Matt Le Tissier would thrive in today's game do you?

Compare and contrast the build of players today vs the players of 10-15 years ago.

Nobody would claim that Modric was all about power and speed, yet he pished all over the powerful Man City and Liverpool midfields in the Champions League.
He was a complete stand out.

There's no doubt pace and power are important factors in modern day football, but natural ability and game intelligence are still absolutely key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back