The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With absolutely no bearing on his football ability, the idea of a banger like Tom Lawrence in our squad doesn't exactly get the juices flowing.

I'd like to think if he started his nonsense, the leadership group would sort him out by, you know, watching Connor kick the shit out of him.

Are some forgetting that we're no longer basketcase?

An English championship level player or even a league one player isn't walking into our team anymore.

We're finalists of the Europa League, who just walks in and can take us there again?

Not anyone from Championship and below at the moment.

Tom Lawrence would be a backup initially I'd imagine
The guy who scored for us in the europa league final was signed from league 1. Ivan Toney was signed from league 1 and is banging the goals in the PL.

Don’t know if it was mentioned in the previous thread but the Heart & Hand Transfer show on Friday mentioned we had scouted an Israeli U19 international, Oscar Gloukh, during their game with Austria a week or two ago.

I need to keep reminding myself that it is so early in this transfer window, feels like its been open much longer than it really has. There's still plenty of time, however it has been one boring start that's for sure. Goldson resigning is obviously huge, but the others signing news deals doesn't excite me at all. Kind of felt like covering ourselves incase the window doesn't go to plan - which I suppose is sensible, but doesn't freshen the squad.

If we are to lose players, I hope it happens very soon as I worry our own recruitment plans, significant ones anyway, are on hold till it happens.
I am certain the problem is actually the UCL qualifiers.
Players like Kent and Morelos may not want to make a decision on their future with Rangers until they know whether they are going to play in the UCL or not.
That might even be the same for Aribo and even Kamara.
If they are otherwise happy here, if there is a chance that a juicy contract extension will be on offer if we get into the UCL groups, the players may want to wait until much later in the window before they make a decision about what they want to do.
It maybe that we are doing lots of deals late on in the window if we find ourselves in the Europa league again.

Don't know if this went under the radar or has been mentioned.

Mason Munn joins the academy from Glentoran.

Hope this young chap makes it with us based on nothing other than him making an effort with his outfit.

Far too often do you see the young team signing contracts in tracksuits, and despite young Mason making an arse of his tie, I appreciate his efforts.

Looking at it, if we only lose one of Aribo, Morelos and Kent, then I'm only expecting three in maximum (taking into account Balogun and Itten have gone). Lowry is ready to step up, King and McCann slightly lesser so in terms of immediacy as part of the squad. Hagi due back soon also. No panic. If more leave, changes things but we'll react to that.

What is his mental streak background?
A tadger off field? On field? Both?
I've never even heard of him if I'm honest.
The main problem is when he got caught drunk driving.

Smashed into his team-mates car (also drunk, also caught, probably racing) and putting another team-mate out for the season after wrecking his knee in the crash.

Both got away, evaded police for a couple of hours, got caught, when breathalysed both were still miles over the drink drive limit.

It looks like we are becoming MacDortmund. To de fair, I'm OK with this. For too long our youth achieved nothing. It now looks like we are becoming serious in developing top youth talent.
I read recently that since 2015, Chelsea have made £210million from selling products of their academy set-up. Phenomenal set up. Their youth set up is almost like a separate business.

Even so, if its much of a muchness then the point is still valid.

I think the same applies to Switzerland and Itten of course.

The market we are shopping in, it’s a complete gamble. They can succeed in Switzerland or Sweden, flop in Greece or Scotland. We just won’t know till he gets here

just seen we’ve signed a youngster from ICT called Kieron Willox, 16 yrs old, he’s an attacker winger/striker, does anyone know more about him?

Last edited:
You not counting Souttar as an incoming player? Too much noise around Colak for it not to happen either so potentially 2.

Everyone wants signings but its 5 weeks until the qualifiers not having anyone in this week for a bit of running with majority of the squad missing isn't going to effect how we do in them.
Seen this mentioned a few times. I must have missed how it has now become a thing for there to be too much noise about speculation for it not to happen? :confused:

Are some forgetting that we're no longer basketcase?

An English championship level player or even a league one player isn't walking into our team anymore.

We're finalists of the Europa League, who just walks in and can take us there again?

Not anyone from Championship and below at the moment.

Tom Lawrence would be a backup initially I'd imagine
Think quite a few of the Fulham team from last season would do exactly that

If Aribo leaves we aren't replacing him with a similar level
As talented as Joe is , he is replaceable. We may not be able to get someone that can play at his level when he's really on it but we could get someone far more consistent. That's Joe's main drawback imo. He is still far to hot and cold. At 26 I just think that's way he probably is always going to be.

Aribo improved with us, we won't necessarily be signing someone as he is right now.

Which is fine, because the overall level of the squad has improved since Aribo signed three years ago.

We can bring guys to the level of others through coaching and playing alongside better players. Gerrard and Gio have both shown they are capable of it.

Which is fine, because the overall level of the squad has improved since Aribo signed three years ago.

We can bring guys to the level of others through coaching and playing alongside better players. Gerrard and Gio have both shown they are capable of it.
We will miss his skill on the ball; Aribo has been one of the finest players playing in tight spaces, in and around the box. You don't pick up players like him so easily.

It looks like we are becoming MacDortmund. To de fair, I'm OK with this. For too long our youth achieved nothing. It now looks like we are becoming serious in developing top youth talent.
Fingers crossed they get a game for us in the future and don’t leave as the pathway is taken up by someone well past their sell by date.

We will miss his skill on the ball; Aribo has been one of the finest players playing in tight spaces, in and around the box. You don't pick up players like him so easily.

He's an enigma. A genuinely brilliant but frustrating footballer.

His close control and ability to get out of tight spaces are unbelievable. But for a guy of his talent, his size and physical attributes, he should be bossing this league consistently. A couple of months here and there just isn't enough.

He's an enigma. A genuinely brilliant but frustrating footballer.

His close control and ability to get out of tight spaces are unbelievable. But for a guy of his talent, his size and physical attributes, he should be bossing this league consistently. A couple of months here and there just isn't enough.
He was doing that before Christmas, and I agree. I just wonder if playing so much really impacted him later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back