The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

He's looked the part whenever called upon.

Gerrard might not have forgiven him for being such a fucking idiot with Jones.
he hasn’t tho, he was a fuckin riot at Tynecastle in the cup just to name one and a mess at Fir Park earlier on this season after only being on the park about 5 minutes.

Him and Jones should be chased this window after they very nearly put a spanner in the works.

Will end up a bottom half Championship defender if he’s lucky. Most probably spend his career in league 1

Last edited:
I’d like to see both Katić and Edmundson loaned out next season - don’t think either of them will make it at Rangers but both could make us a decent profit.

I’d like to see both Katić and Edmundson loaned out next season - don’t think either of them will make it at Rangers but both could make us a decent profit.
Be surprised if Edmundson is here come February.

Katic is a more difficult one, if he’s not going to be fit until Feb/March time can we get someone to take him? Not going to get any games with us this season he’d be best having a loan deal to go elsewhere once he’s recovered

Katic is a more difficult one, if he’s not going to be fit until Feb/March time can we get someone to take him? Not going to get any games with us this season he’d be best having a loan deal to go elsewhere once he’s recovered

Many people wont like to hear it but I think Katic will likely be moved on permanently in the near future.

Cracking big defender who would be a standout in a different setup, but not comfortable enough on the ball for a Gerrard Rangers team.

Many people wont like to hear it but I think Katic will likely be moved on permanently in the near future.

Cracking big defender who would be a standout in a different setup, but not comfortable enough on the ball for a Gerrard Rangers team.
100% agree.

Great in both boxes, probably the best we have but not good enough overall.

Aye, I was meaning more next season for a loan for Katić. Probably wouldn’t make sense to sell him in the summer but needs to play after missing a season.

Another CB is worrying when Goldson hasn't signed an extension maybe he fancys another crack at the EPL but hes been an absolute rock this season and will be a big miss if he does leave.

Not sure why Katic is being written off hes a young guy and has had plenty of excellent games for us. Edmunson is a young guy and made a daft mistake but it really does look like his days are numbered.

Nathan as he will forever be called by me looks like a tank hopefully develop in to an outstanding signing like Kamara.

I think you are right.

Think it’s more likely he gets a seasons loan deal next season.

Another CB is worrying when Goldson hasn't signed an extension maybe he fancys another crack at the EPL but hes been an absolute rock this season and will be a big miss if he does leave.

Not sure why Katic is being written off hes a young guy and has had plenty of excellent games for us. Edmunson is a young guy and made a daft mistake but it really does look like his days are numbered.

Nathan as he will forever be called by me looks like a tank hopefully develop in to an outstanding signing like Kamara.

A left sided CH won’t be a long term replacement for Goldson.

I do agree though, Goldson is vital for us so need to get a deal sorted for him

I think Goldson and Tav will both sign new deals when the league is wrapped up. Reckon they’ll be focusing on that and have possibly given assurances that they will sign an extension. Can’t see them giving up the chance to play in the champions league.

I could see edmundson at someone like QPR in the championship on loan i think if we could get him out on loan to that level we'll get a small profit on him

Reactions: cav

Is Jack Simpson good enough to come straight into our team?

Goldson new contract, Edmundson moved on, possibly one of Katić or Balogun.

Goldson, Helander, Simpson, Balogun/Katić. There’s your four central defenders for 2021/22.

I could see edmundson at someone like QPR in the championship on loan i think if we could get him out on loan to that level we'll get a small profit on him
I had hoped we might have offered the fridge And Jones for the lad who went to Turkey but obviously that's gone.

I do think that's probably about their level.

I had hoped we might have offered the fridge And Jones for the lad who went to Turkey but obviously that's gone.

I do think that's probably about their level.
If we want that dembele from Peterborough maybe there's a deal to be done there especially if they get promoted

Simpson is left sided, I’m desperate for Goldson to sign a new deal, but this guy isn’t a replacement.

Is Jack Simpson good enough to come straight into our team?

Goldson new contract, Edmundson moved on, possibly one of Katić or Balogun.

Goldson, Helander, Simpson, Balogun/Katić. There’s your four central defenders for 2021/22.
Couldn’t say as I’ve not seen much of him Gerrard seems to have been after him for quite a while though.

Sakala who we were linked with on a pre contract from Belgian side Oostende scored again last night.

9 goals and 2 assists in 20 games in a good Belgian league. Don’t know if it was just paper talk but could be a good deal possibly.

Sakala who we were linked with on a pre contract from Belgian side Oostende scored again last night.

9 goals and 2 assists in 20 games in a good Belgian league. Don’t know if it was just paper talk but could be a good deal possibly.
Doing well for a mid tier Belgian side. Only 23 and has a good bit of pace, that's something we lack up front. It would require one of Morelos, Roofe or Itten leaving though. Seems the type of player a team of our level normally takes a £2/3 million punt on, so getting him on a free and depending on the wage could be a decent deal.

I think when we go over to play Antwerp, we'll find out if there is anything in this link.

Doing well for a mid tier Belgian side. Only 23 and has a good bit of pace, that's something we lack up front. It would require one of Morelos, Roofe or Itten leaving though. Seems the type of player a team of our level normally takes a £2/3 million punt on, so getting him on a free and depending on the wage could be a decent deal.

I think when we go over to play Antwerp, we'll find out if there is anything in this link.

Think Morelos leaving next season is guaranteed imo, Defoe won’t be here either so leaves you with just Roofe and Itten.

Plenty space for forwards to come in.

We’ve hard that every window since Gerrard arrived. He’s still here. Covid-19 isn’t going away, transfers will still be reduced. We aren’t selling him on the cheap.

‘56 and an assault on the Champions League for Alfredo Morelos.

Unfortunately can’t see it mate, Board already said in various interviews and statements that there’s a good chance we’ll have to sell a player or two to balance the books and that turning debt into equity can’t be sustained long term to cover the losses.

Unfortunately can’t see it mate, Board already said in various interviews and statements that there’s a good chance we’ll have to sell a player or two to balance the books and that turning debt into equity can’t be sustained long term to cover the losses.
I think this is something we, as a fanbase, are going to have to accept. It’s been made pretty clear that the way we are going to run the club is to buy younger players, develop them and sell them on for a larger fee.

Everywhere else reporting the fee has dropped, must not have got the message.

35 million, Jesus Christ. They weren't getting that even when he was in top form with years left on his deal. Now he is out of form with 18 months left and going for 35 million... Good one
He wont leave in January and will have a year left they be lucky to get half of that. 7 league goals

We’ve hard that every window since Gerrard arrived. He’s still here. Covid-19 isn’t going away, transfers will still be reduced. We aren’t selling him on the cheap.

‘56 and an assault on the Champions League for Alfredo Morelos.
The Europe league this season will be key to if hr stays or id he goes say we make the last 8/4 and he's banging in goals there will be interest regardless of his form domestically

I would imagine if kamara has a good euros then he will be the one the board are thinking of selling. We could possibly sell Morelos as well but I think it’ll be in the back of their minds if Morelos performs in the champions league then we could be looking at potentially getting 20-22 million for him. Just now I don’t think we are getting anymore than 15 million for Morelos.

Back