The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I'll be honest, I don't know much about the CB that they've signed so I'll hold my water before declaring him a donkey. Equally, it's still fresh in the mind, the cries of "a colossus!" and "the final piece of the jigsaw." When Duffman rocked up to them, that one went well eh! So we'll see. Happy with the bournemouth lad as 4th choice cover. Can see edmundson going, Katic possibly going on loan for 6 months to get up to speed/assess where he's at and Helander Balogun and Goldson being the main men again next season.

Who have they signed?

That is a fair point, but he would be on the same money because it’s a loan.

Yeah, but he mostly starts on the bench for St Johnstone, so this gives him more of a chance to impress at a club that would pay him more were he to earn that move.

The lack of strikers at Aberdeen should mean more games for him.

Yeah, but he mostly starts on the bench for St Johnstone, so this gives him more of a chance to impress at a club that would pay him more were he to earn that move.

The lack of strikers at Aberdeen should mean more games for him.
Yeah that’s fair & I considered that.

I just think logically he’d rather try force his way into a team potentially writing themselves into history, than going to Aberdeen & possibly being on the bench with nothing.

He’s unlikely to be their number 9 going forward, seems more of a stop gap signing till the summer I reckon.

I’d imagine Main will be the main striker in the top 3, with Anderson as back up (who I’d imagine they’d rather develop than signing other teams back ups).

Although, Mccinnes will probably have to change their shape if Wright comes to us early.

As a side note, I expected them to go for Stewart but they are probably not in a financial position to get him.

Having watched County quite a bit if he could improve his finishing he’d be a serviceable too 6 striker.

Last edited:
As a side note, I expected them to go for Stewart but they are probably not in a financial position to get him.

Having watched County quite a bit if he could improve his finishing he’d be a serviceable too 6 striker.
Sunderland close to agreeing a £300k deal for him, still pretty young but as I said he’s not the greatest finisher.

Would be an interesting deal for them seeing as Wyke has been good this season, he’s away down to agree personal terms.

To be fair, he was still playing juniors only 4 years ago so must be quite surreal getting the opportunity to join a club like them.

Hope Jack Simpson proves me wrong but theres a Warburton feel to him.

Maybe i just like our existing CB's too much

Hope Jack Simpson proves me wrong but theres a Warburton feel to him.

Maybe i just like our existing CB's too much
I get a Joe Worrall vibe from him to be honest, however I think we can smooth off the rough edges .... he’s going to be training with guys like Goldson, Helsnder and Balogun

His aerial duel win percentage is quite a worry tbh. Dunno how it can be so low at his height.

Its unusually low and I'd warrant there will be a logical reason for it. Every one of his limited games against a giant like McBurnie or something LOL

In terms of comparing those guys to Goldson, Simpson's weak areas appear to be Goldson's stronger areas and vice versa. Maybe not a bad thing? He also has more rounded stats that any of the rest. The Davies chap looks awful.

Its unusually low and I'd warrant there will be a logical reason for it. Every one of his limited games against a giant like McBurnie or something LOL

In terms of comparing those guys to Goldson, Simpson's weak areas appear to be Goldson's stronger areas and vice versa. Maybe not a bad thing? He also has more rounded stats that any of the rest. The Davies chap looks awful.
He's not the best in the air considering he's 6ft 3. My brother in law is a B'mouth season ticket holder and he mentioned it too.
Good passer and tackler though.

He's not the best in the air considering he's 6ft 3. My brother in law is a B'mouth season ticket holder and he mentioned it too.
Good passer and tackler though.
Depending on the game the passing might be more beneficial than the aerial ability. At home to a Hamilton or whatever, having your defender break lines with fired in passes to your forwards or whatever will get us more goals than winning headers.

Depending on the game the passing might be more beneficial than the aerial ability. At home to a Hamilton or whatever, having your defender break lines with fired in passes to your forwards or whatever will get us more goals than winning headers.
Absolutely.

Reactions: LD5
Would be nice to have players in before window closes but if we have to wait until next season so be it. It does not look like are doing any big moves and will likely be quiet window for us. We do seem to keep deals under wraps but doubt I will be staying up to watch deadline day late on.

Would be nice to have players in before window closes but if we have to wait until next season so be it. It does not look like are doing any big moves and will likely be quiet window for us. We do seem to keep deals under wraps but doubt I will be staying up to watch deadline day late on.
Yeah only deal I see us doing before window shuts is Wright from the Sheep. We are in a fantastic place squad wise.

We will get Ofoborh done, when managers openly discuss something like that the deal is virtually completed
I don’t know if we really need him this month but I suppose it would be bonus to get him 6 months early & let him settle. If he does sign it will be interesting to see what we do regard Zungu.

Back