Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually feel a bit for Souttar. Certainly don't think we should have went any higher than we did but he'd have been desperate to make the move sooner. Hearts trying to make a point which is obviously within their right. Will be interesting to see if we're as easy to deal with the next time they want one of ours.

And yet there are some on the forum that still put Gordon Duncan under the Tim bracket. Utter nonsense, he's a fair and balanced host - who supports Motherwell.
I don't get that either. He is impartial as you can get and would have thrown the same tit bits to a Bear had the roles been reversed. The reason he can do this is that he is a genuine neutral, not like the previous incumbents.

Disappointed after yesterday not to have woken to the news of us signing Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo or Mbape!

Was struggling to keep up with the thread last night.
Every time i read a page i was another two behind.

I'm glad we never allowed Hearts to play hard ball.
They must think they've made a point but it's actually the opposite,it's us that have made a point.
The days of being f.ucked about by clubs like Hearts are over.

Souttar must have been bursting to become a Ranger after yesterday's activity but now Hearts have an unhappy player at their club.

I feel for Souttar, by all accounts Hearts were asking for silly money and a sell on for a player who had already agreed to join us.

I think they were intentionally trying to price us out, knowing they couldn’t get a better centre half for the 400k or so we were offering. Also knowing that having supported JS through his injuries he wouldn’t down tools on them.

I’m sure we could have easily stumped up the extra couple of 100k (not the sell on) and maybe if they were some Eastern European mob we’d never deal with again we would have.

But we’ll need to negotiate with Hearts and other teams in Scotland in the future and it’s good to set a precedent that we won’t be held to ransom by diddy clubs.

Excited to see Ramsey in action. Weird how it ended for him at Juve in truth, signed by Sarri, wasn't fancied by Pirlo and Allegri. Now he's playing for Rangers. It's a funny old game.

Likes of Arfield are going to have to go the extra mile to get in the team ahead of him. Which is exciting. Pushes players to up their levels. We saw how Arfield reacted last season to getting the nod while Aribo was out, the man thrives on that kind of pressure.

A few people eating crow this morning, after laying into Ross Wilson all weekend. Only slight dampner on things is the Souttar deal not getting across the line, Hearts were being unreasonable though, honestly have never heard of a club demanding a sell on clause for a player they've technically already lost. Gimps.

Hit the targets we needed to with the signings this window. Replacement for Patterson in Zukowski, an answer to the right wing issue in Amad, versatile midfield/defensive cover in Sands and Aaron Fucking Ramsey to solve our attacking midfield issue. A productive window. Kept our best players and actually turned a profit. Cap well and truly doff'd to Wilson and co.

Last edited:
I feel for Souttar, by all accounts Hearts were asking for silly money and a sell on for a player who had already agreed to join us.

I think they were intentionally trying to price us out, knowing they couldn’t get a better centre half for the 400k or so we were offering. Also knowing that having supported JS through his injuries he wouldn’t down tools on them.

I’m sure we could have easily stumped up the extra couple of 100k (not the sell on) and maybe if they were some Eastern European mob we’d never deal with again we would have.

But we’ll need to negotiate with Hearts and other teams in Scotland in the future and it’s good to set a precedent that we won’t be held to ransom by diddy clubs.
I get the impression that we the fans were the only desperate voices in this one.

Rangers had a budget for buying and were steadfast about it, Hearts had a price and silly clause they wanted and Hearts fans in general wanted him to stay given recent injuries.

We are probably less happy about Bassey playing at Centre Half just now than the first team staff at the club are hence the difference in feeling about when we need him. If Balogun is in the starting line up tomorrow I don't think anyone will care a jot that he won't be here until June!

I get the impression that we the fans were the only desperate voices in this one.

Rangers had a budget for buying and were steadfast about it, Hearts had a price and silly clause they wanted and Hearts fans in general wanted him to stay given recent injuries.

We are probably less happy about Bassey playing at Centre Half just now than the first team staff at the club are hence the difference in feeling about when we need him. If Balogun is in the starting line up tomorrow I don't think anyone will care a jot that he won't be here until June!

With Helander and Balogun due to return, going beyond what we were willing to do for an early deal on Souttar, made very little sense in truth.

20220131-222355.gif

Is there a £2 million loan fee or not? I can't get a straight answer to it.

I believe the £2m odd we're paying Juve is the contribution to his wages.

I don't think there's any loan fee as such.

Someone might tell me I'm wrong, so you're still not getting a straight answer!

:D

With Helander and Balogun due to return, going beyond what we were willing to do for an early deal on Souttar, made very little sense in truth.
Liked ! Not to mention the thorny question of a sell on clause which they would have hung out for had it become an ordinary player transfer. :)

Still laughing away at us going from asking users with Italian sounding user names if there was any truth in the Aaron Ramsay rumours in the morning to actually signing him at night. Madness

My mate saying Ramsay said Parkhead might be to soon for him, is this correct? What different does a few days make, get him in!
I can understand the euphoria after getting AR in, but perhaps discretion is the better part of valour here as why risk injury when almost certainly not near 100% match fit.

It doesn't really matter if he features tomorrow, the title wont be won or lost on Wednesday but over the remainder of the season during which a fully firing AR will most certainly play his part.

Was just listening to the H&H AR pod, edgar was saying he was told on Sunday about a big name coming on but the club never mentioned who

What a signing Wilson might turn out to be.
Some size of balls on that boy.
I mean at what point did he think %^*& it I’m just gonna call Juve and ask them to give us Ramsey on loan and can you also keep paying his wages.

I like that about him. He's ambitious and doesn't think we should just be happy to settle for our lot. All the great figures in Rangers history have had that level of ambition, that often veered into gallus-ness. Some ways to go yet before hitting the standards of the past, but I get the feeling he'll leave us in a far better state than he found us in.

What a signing Wilson might turn out to be.
Some size of balls on that boy.
I mean at what point did he think %^*& it I’m just gonna call Juve and ask them to give us Ramsey on loan and can you also keep paying his wages.
I think it’s his contact list. He was probably notified of the lengths that Juve would go to in order to facilitate a loan deal and realised it was achievable. He’d have played a massive part in convincing Ramsey which was the most important thing.

He’s a tremendous asset to the club. His abilities, experience and contact list put us levels above the scum when it comes to recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back