Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a frigging signing. Ross Wilson and the board deserve a pat on the back for pulling this off. The bonus being that absolutely none of the gutter press had a clue about it. Thats how you do your business professionally

Totally gutted to have missed all the madness on deadline day in here (copped a short ban on Saturday).

Nevertheless what a fucking signing. Spent the last few hours watching his goals on YouTube. Basically we’ve signed a massive upgrade on Arfield as far as I’m concerned in terms of a goal scoring midfielder. The strength in depth now is frightening.

Also goes to show the brilliant levels of ambition at the club now. People scoffed at the thought of us trying to sign Xavi Simons. I defy anyone to argue that we aren’t trying to sign that kid as well on a pre-contract after this mega signing.

That’s the momentum shifted back in our favour ahead of Wednesday.

Can I give poor Mateusz Zukowski a shout. He has come with hardly a mention. Welcome Mateusz!!!
Huge signing. If the worst happens and Tav gets injured we know have an option who is far better going forward than Balogun, King or Sands would have been. Very excited at that one, the data analysis is promising and the number of appearances he has racked at such a young age as well. Just superb.

The problem with Doekhi being a free in the summer is that Feyenoord, PSV are going to be entering the frame, so we no longer have the lead to him in my opinion.
Doekhi could sign a pre contract for someone tomorrow if he wants-he just can't join the team until the summer now.
I hope we can get this one sorted as like you said-we don't want to wait that long.

Doekhi could sign a pre contract for someone tomorrow if he wants-he just can't join the team until the summer now.
I hope we can get this one sorted as like you said-we don't want to wait that long.
Feyenoord want him, but they didn't want to pay the price Vitesse were asking for 6 months. They will definitely be back in for him. He was not PSV's first choice, but when he is a free that may change.

We're not desperate enough for Souttar.plenty of cover at CB for just now.

Yes Souttar is a right footed CB, we have enough right footed CB cover to fill the RCB slot. Doekhi is also right footed if we are actually interested in him.

But we are a bit short of cover with left footed center backs for the LCB position, just Bassey and Helander for that spot.

There is something not quite right when a right footed CB plays in the LCB position, we get away with it against diddy teams but it is a weakness against good teams.

If Ramsey is happening, I wouldnt be surprised if one went out.

100% mate, f*ck hearts!

Souttar will be raging, could have had European football, genuine attempts at silverware and playing with your man Ramsey...now he'll probably down tools and f*ck them right over lol
It's became next to impossible for Rangers to negotiate in good faith with SPFL clubs.

Thought the clubs bids for Souttar were more than fair bit obviously they think otherwise so that’s life eh , 500k is a lot to Hearts

Tbh if I was Hearts, with their injury situation and potentially playing European group stages next season, I'd have rejected £500k for Souttar too. Plenty of people saying it's a ridiculous decision by them, yet would have wanted us to reject an offer of multiple millions for Goldson under the same circumstances.

Turned out to be an incredible window, I can foresee so many improvements in the team from these additions. Danillo should allow Kent more room and vice-versa as Kent is usually the only wide player getting doubled up on defensively. Morelos won't need to track back as much now our midfield is stronger. Sands and Ramsey can take some responsibilities from Kamara and allow Kamara to play roles he is more suited to. Danillo can help out Tav too, Tav always had a bit extra room when Candeias was in the team and I think he will start finding that room again with Danillo in there. The team are in a great position to kick on from here

Turned out to be an incredible window, I can foresee so many improvements in the team from these additions. Danillo should allow Kent more room and vice-versa as Kent is usually the only wide player getting doubled up on defensively. Morelos won't need to track back as much now our midfield is stronger. Sands and Ramsey can take some responsibilities from Kamara and allow Kamara to play roles he is more suited to. Danillo can help out Tav too, Tav always had a bit extra room when Candeias was in the team and I think he will start finding that room again with Danillo in there. The team are in a great position to kick on from here
Diallo. Or Amad.

Tbh if I was Hearts, with their injury situation and potentially playing European group stages next season, I'd have rejected £500k for Souttar too. Plenty of people saying it's a ridiculous decision by them, yet would have wanted us to reject an offer of multiple millions for Goldson under the same circumstances.

Cannot stress enough, how much I will laugh my dick off if they fail to do this from their current position. They are 10 points clear of Motherwell in 4th, 12 clear of Hibs in 5th and 14 clear of Aberdeen/Dundee United in 6th/7th.

They'd best hope Souttar doesn't start phoning it in.

But you don’t want an unhappy player - and Souttar must be gutted.

It’ll be interesting to see how his relationship is with Neilson. The Hearts support are already booing him.

It's became next to impossible for Rangers to negotiate in good faith with SPFL clubs.
I'm sure we would have been in a lot of talks with Hearts, with Barker leaving I wonder if his name was thrown about in a player plus cash deal.

Unfortunately the ball was in Hearts hands, we made them an offer they refused we move on.

Well if the loan fee is 2 million quid and we get 20 games we are paying 100k a game if his wages. I really hope this works out but psychologically it is massive. Profile, confidence and what it projects about how the club do business and how attractive it is for players who want to play.

Have we signed Danillo as well?

Nice early start this morning. I just checked and can confirm that Aaron Ramsey did actually sign for Rangers last night. It was all true, not just a wild fantasy FF transfer thread :)) :eek: :)) B-D

Well done to the club for making great signings this window - really unexpected top drawer players

However, I have a nagging doubt that I think we may regret not having gone for Souttar earlier as arguably we may not have dropped 2 points on Saturday, and we are now going to have to rely on a somewhat shaky Bassey having the game of his life on Wednesday.

At this crucial juncture I think it’s a risk we didn’t need to take.

Well if the loan fee is 2 million quid and we get 20 games we are paying 100k a game if his wages. I really hope this works out but psychologically it is massive. Profile, confidence and what it projects about how the club do business and how attractive it is for players who want to play.

There is no loan fee.

Sakala also is frequently doubled up!

B
Well done to the club for making great signings this window - really unexpected top drawer players

However, I have a nagging doubt that I think we may regret not having gone for Souttar earlier as arguably we may not have dropped 2 points on Saturday, and we are now going to have to rely on a somewhat shaky Bassey having the game of his life on Wednesday.

At this crucial juncture I think it’s a risk we didn’t need to take.
His mistake at Dingwall apart, Bassey is pretty good for weeks in my opinion. I’m feeling confident for tomorrow.

Anyone got the tweet that originally broke the story yesterday? Was trying to describe the Italian journalist to someone. B-D

last offer was £300k as I read, decent offer under the circumstances.
Believe Hearts wanted £500k
Wasn´t it the sell on fee they wanted that we were not having. Could have ended up a lot of money when we get him for nothing in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back