Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one minute this tweet has been up 5k of likes!!!
That’s as
Fair enough, I've been called all sorts for worrying about a club.i love seems a bit over the top some of the abuse. Just worried we are spending 2m and then will need to buy again in the summer and I think we could have put it towards a full time player but if it wins us the league it will be worth it but most of these type of signings don't work out for us and that's just my.opinion. Now I'm some tim undercover because I said about finances even though if you go back on the transfer thread or the no strategy post that's all anybody has been saying on it but now you can't mention it because we have made a.loan signing with a big fee so it's off.topic now.

As you say if it works then magic we will get the champs.league money but it's a.gamble, hopefully it pays off and the 2m doesn't mean anything with the windfall we will get from that. It is a message board after all I thought we were supposed to discuss things but if you don't get along with the in crowd on here or the theme of the week you get shat on.
football is for enjoying what ifs not worrying about what ifs

Well played men, been fuückin unreal today, back to business Wednesday with a spring in our step, come on!

Edit: and women of course!

I for one am disappointed that Ramsay wasn't first spotted in homebase before the deal broke. Does he not know that's how we do outlandish transfer rumours up here?

We sold our prospect backup for £12m, bought a replacement prospect backup for £500k. We didn't weaken our starting 11 in the process and have secured our finances, allowing us to be self sustaining for the the next two seasons.

RIght wing has been a problem area for us for a while, no one has made that position their own. We get on loan one of the most highly regarded wonderkids in that position.

We have been crying out for a box to box midfielder who can score goals all season. We get Aaron Ramsey.

We get one of the UMNTs best prospects to give depth to our holding midfield position.

To top of it, we seem to have already have in place the foundation of next year's centre backs, with Souttar confirmed and Doehki looking more and more likely every day.

What a fucking window, we have strenthed the two areas of our starting 11 that didn't have an obvious first choice starter, and in the process, strengthened the depth of our squad, laid the foundations for next season and secured out finances for the foreseeable future.

Ross Wilson, many on here doubted you but take a fucking bow.

Last post before I go to bed....

Credit going to Ross Wilson and the board for bringing in Ramsey, Diallo and tieing up Souttar on a bosman but we've also managed to keep our crown jewels in Aribo, Alfie, Kent and Kamara.

We're definitely going in to February stronger than we started January.

Now it's time for Gio and the players to deliver 56. No excuses.

I can now foresee big soapy doing a Laudrup for the rest of the season obviously to the discontent of the jam farts following then scoring a last-minute winner at swinecastle (hopefully against the rattlers) before proceeding to do a cammy fraser along the length of the main stand before kicking budge in the nan and headbutting neilson.

The days of being held to ransom by clubs like Hearts and Hibs are over!
Bye bye £500k Hearts!
Owed £24m and got a CVA from HRMC, debts wiped.
We ended up with revised HMRC figure of around £25m but had been booted out of Scottish Football.
Don`t give them a penny Rangers

Last edited:
I’ve been on here literally since 10:30 ish am when the story kind of broke refreshing barring a 3 hour period where I had a kip then straight back at it I’ve ready every page since and it’s been some journey today real excitement and fun ,I’m going to sign off with this tonight and I can’t believe I’m typing this but here goes.

We Signed Aaron Ramsey.
WATP

When i first heard of the Aaron Ramsey rumour this morning, I thought it would be your usual Van Persie, Wilshere like rumour. Never expected it to be true until Fabrizio Romano posted on twitter about it. From then on I was strapped in. What a signing and I feel a little sorry for the Polish right back as his arrival has been a little overshadowed by the Ramsey transfer.

It's good to have the world take notice again with high profile players coming here. Fair play to Juve for their part, aswell as Ross Wilson and the management team. Very happy with the work they have done in this window.

Last edited:
Glad we didn't panic and throw silly money at Hertz. Sensible all the way.

As for Ramsey, yes it's exciting but let's see how he holds up fitness wise.
100% mate, f*ck hearts!

Souttar will be raging, could have had European football, genuine attempts at silverware and playing with your man Ramsey...now he'll probably down tools and f*ck them right over lol

Glad we didn't panic and throw silly money at Hertz. Sensible all the way.

As for Ramsey, yes it's exciting but let's see how he holds up fitness wise.
Depends what their asking price was. If it was almost double what we offered fair enough, but if it was £100k more then I'd be disappointed we didn't just go for it.

100% mate, f*ck hearts!

Souttar will be raging, could have had European football, genuine attempts at silverware and playing with your man Ramsey...now he'll probably down tools and f*ck them right over lol
good to see our club standing firm when Hearts are trying to take the piss

Depends what their asking price was. If it was almost double what we offered fair enough, but if it was £100k more then I'd be disappointed we didn't just go for it.
last offer was £300k as I read, decent offer under the circumstances.
Believe Hearts wanted £500k

Fair enough, I've been called all sorts for worrying about a club.i love seems a bit over the top some of the abuse. Just worried we are spending 2m and then will need to buy again in the summer and I think we could have put it towards a full time player but if it wins us the league it will be worth it but most of these type of signings don't work out for us and that's just my.opinion. Now I'm some tim undercover because I said about finances even though if you go back on the transfer thread or the no strategy post that's all anybody has been saying on it but now you can't mention it because we have made a.loan signing with a big fee so it's off.topic now.

As you say if it works then magic we will get the champs.league money but it's a.gamble, hopefully it pays off and the 2m doesn't mean anything with the windfall we will get from that. It is a message board after all I thought we were supposed to discuss things but if you don't get along with the in crowd on here or the theme of the week you get shat on.
Bang on

Thought the clubs bids for Souttar were more than fair bit obviously they think otherwise so that’s life eh , 500k is a lot to Hearts

Think the issue with him on Wednesday is the sports scientists advising the manager, not the player himself.

If it were his choice I'd imagine he would be raring to go Wednesday.

Still expect him to be on bench and play a part

When i first heard of the Aaron Ramsey rumour this morning, I thought it would be your usual Van Persie, Wilshere like rumour. Never expected it to be true until Fabrizio Romano posted on twitter about it. From then on I was strapped in. What a signing and I feel a little sorry for the Polish right back as his arrival has been a little overshadowed by the Ramsey transfer.

It's good to have the world take notice again with high profile players coming here. Fair play to Juve for their part, aswell as Ross Wilson and the management team. Very happy with the work they have done in this window.

If someone said at the start of the window we'd swap Patterson, Barker, Defoe & Bacuna, who probably had around 10 appearances between them this season, for Aaron Ramsey, Diallo, a young US international and a young Polish up and coming right back, I'd laugh in their face and tell them to stop playing Football Manager.

I'm so excited about these players if we can keep them fit. The 5 sub rule really plays into our hands now too, as we are almost guaranteed to have at least 3 or 4 potential game changers each match on the bench.

Last edited:
What a crazy thread. Started out pretty quiet until the Patterson sale then finishing in multiple pages of Ramsey madness B-)

Overall a pretty productive window that really kicks off the Gio era. Loaning in Amad and Ramsey will improve the team in the short term whilst the signings of Soutter, Sands and Zukowski with the promotion of youth players to the first team (Lowry, King, McCann) will shape things up in the longer term.

Also nice getting Defoe and Barker off the books and locking McLaughlin for 2 years is a sensible move. If our key members of our squad can stay fit then 56 will be ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back