Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that any foreign signings would have to be done tomorrow due to Brexit?
Unlikely, rules are different in Scotland as opposed to England and a much quicker process of box ticking.

Look at Celtic and the Japanese players, they’d never get a WP in England, but little Scotland they’re superstars.

I think last night was evidence more that we dont need to sign in this window rather than we do.

The team needs some upgrades for next season but we have the tools to win 56 and give Dortmund a real test.
You've been watching a different game from me and plenty others.
The squad/first team has badly needed freshened up since the summer, the players coming back or that came back last night are prone to long injury lay offs and the guys like Itten, Wright etc simply aren't up to it.

With no sign of Davis in the squad and no mention of him returning anytime soon people are in for a surprise if they think Lundstram will be leaving.

Is it true that any foreign signings would have to be done tomorrow due to Brexit?
Why would that be the case?

You can apply for a work permit before a deal is done or sign someone subject to a work permit.

It may add a couple or days on to it but players can be registered prior to that being finalised.

One of these the shite that guy flings will stick to the wall.
There has been murmurings of this particular one on and off the whole month mate so it’s an easy one to put out there. But I agree, if ever one was going to happen it’s this one imo

If we had to sell one of our players we have a lot of defensive midfielders I would be ok with Kamara going at the right price. If that allowed us to get a better RW and box to box midfielder for me it would be a good deal

If we had to sell one of our players we have a lot of defensive midfielders I would be ok with Kamara going at the right price. If that allowed us to get a better RW and box to box midfielder for me it would be a good deal
We have no one else who can do his role nearly as well. I'd say he's one of the last I'd want leaving now.

Unlikely, rules are different in Scotland as opposed to England and a much quicker process of box ticking.

Look at Celtic and the Japanese players, they’d never get a WP in England, but little Scotland they’re superstars.
Not to mention regular collectors of non existing international caps.

With Newcastle seemingly pushing for Dan Burn, could we see Brighton perhaps try and replace him with their former charge in Goldson?

Who is better than him?
Why would that be the case?

You can apply for a work permit before a deal is done or sign someone subject to a work permit.

It may add a couple or days on to it but players can be registered prior to that being finalised.
I think there was a so called expert on Sky sports news yesterday advising that if any transfers were to be done from outside the UK they realistically had to be started by today to make sure you get the players.

I think last night was evidence more that we dont need to sign in this window rather than we do.

The team needs some upgrades for next season but we have the tools to win 56 and give Dortmund a real test.
I like your optimism but can’t for the life of me see where it’s coming from based on lastnights performance…”give Dortmund a real test” o_Oo_O

I think there was a so called expert on Sky sports news yesterday advising that if any transfers were to be done from outside the UK they realistically had to be started by today to make sure you get the players.
Scotlands rules were changed late last year in regards to this. Easier to get approved here rather than down south

It was Sky though. Their focus is entirely on the EPL/English market. In Scotland we still have the ‘Discretionary Panel’, or whatever they call themselves, to make judgements on Work Permits. It’s open to abuse, but it’s quicker.

We absolutely cannot afford to lose kamara in this window if we are going driving for 56. He's irreplaceable in that team.

Mental that folk think like this

By leaving Lundstram on the bench not bringing him on and then saying post match he can only choose the midfielders he’s got, it seems pretty clear to me that he isn’t part of the managers plans and he couldn’t be making it any plainer. If we can’t find a club for him he’s going to be an expensive ornament sitting on the bench or in the stand for the next 3 seasons, and could be a stumbling block to us bringing anyone else in due to his large wage. I’m hopeful we shall see some movement out in the next four days and two players in, I have faith in Wilson and the board.we have to remember this is very much a team in transition from the 55 heroes to Gio coming in and rebuilding, while trying to maintain us to get us to 56. A hard balancing act

That's actually mental that you think anyone else in our squad could perform the role he does anywhere close to his level.

We absolutely cannot afford to lose kamara in this window if we are going driving for 56. He's irreplaceable in that team.

Mental that folk think like this
I thought Kamara was the man to sell last summer, as much as I rate him. I still think we would have been better off selling one or two players and freshening things up, but I suppose we’ll never know if we received offers.

Selling Kamara in this window, particularly given he extended his contract, would be incredibly daft. He’s also more important to Gio’s system than he was to Gerrard’s.

We sold Patterson for £12m (arguably) and haven't reinvested much, if any, of that.

Who's to say if we sold Kamara we would reinvest that at this late stage?

I'd rather keep Kamara and build our midfield around him for the next few years.

Having just taken in £16m there is zero justification for not bringing in 2 players of quality.
Well there would be justification for the board not to allow anymore cash to be spent given they're the ones covering the losses to keep the club going so money we've brought in allows the club to run itself. Our wage bill as of last season was £33.5m with more players added to that in the summer and as I said we have a squad of over 28 players where too many don't contribute. So if we have to get shot of some of them before Gio is allowed to bring players in then it's completely understandable.

It’s not just spending the 12m, it’s the wages that comes with. Then on top of that you have that not many clubs seem to want to part with good players as they then can’t replace them. They will let them go to England as they can pay inflated money, we are offering value or less and that is a tough market

I think the emergence of Lowry has changed our thoughts a little on signings, although a RW is still needed. The next couple of days will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back