Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on 7th April and was ridiculed to say he was pretty much a cert for the job. At the time he was 25/1 for the Spurs job.
Its a shame no one took your advice if i seen i think it might have put a couple of quid on, would have been a laugh.

We are now onto the next stage though where we convince ourselves he will get bagged in no time as the standard of managers at every single side down there is just so utterly sensational, what a lot of old sky sports shit.

Will the bravest man in football go to with him to spurs?

They had Jose Mourinho and now they get Nosey Mourinho.
No chance, he will likely go for Muscat I reckon as his assistant. Don’t think any Celtic staff will go with him apart from maybe Kewell.

Despite his league record, they could actually get a better manager than him.

They were in the shits a bit when they appointed him, not entirely convinced he hasn’t just been a lucky manager rather than a good one

He’s got shit show all over him in the EPL

He got fortunate in that they sold Ajer, Christie, Edouard and reinvested it. The 12/13 players they brought in all gelled quick. We lost our manager (we’d have 3 in a row had Gerrard stayed) - Postecoglu probably out of a job. GvB spunked a lead. They won a double.

We were terrible domestically under GvB and once again Postecoglu had a clear run at the league.

His squad is nowhere near as good as some say it is. Barely had an injury and the likes of Ralston, Oh, Iwata, Kobayashi, Bernabei etc look shite.

The ones delighted to see Postecoglu move on will be the first ones to shit a brick when Brendan Rodgers or the likes are appointed.

His tactics will be destroyed in the English Premiership. He’s probably peaked at Scottish Premiership level too.

Good grief

Oh shut up.
Go on then, who? The guy basically went near 2 calander years only losing 1 league game. Rogers had a great record but he had zero competition.

It took Gerrard a couple of years and a lot of rebuilding against a mhank team in freefall being managed by an alky. I just dont see a manager out there coming in and matching what he has done. You think Kennedy could? Or Potter? The way he set them up for our league was perfect. Nobody can argue otherwise.

I would rather they lost some continuity at the very least. Plus I dont see any big names coming in to manage in the SPL anymore. It could be Kennedy. I'm going to hazrd a guess he's no Pep.

Plus I couldnt give a f*ck how he fares at Spurs. I hope he fails. But would rather see them suffer a bit of disruption the way we did when we lost our manager.

By all accounts and good sources down south, He’s been offered it off the record ya mad man :))
It is quite funny to watch :D Despite numerous unrelated sources, Spurs and English ITKs and pretty much every media outlet in England reporting exactly the same thing, a handful of folk 'still can't see him being offered the job'.

I just do not understand why they are so invested in him staying. Seems a little, well, weird.

Slightly off topic but surely this is going to have a negative effect for their players going into a cup final.

Listening to a pre match team talk from a guy you know is away by the end of the day.

It is quite funny to watch :D Despite numerous unrelated sources, Spurs and English ITKs and pretty much every media outlet in England reporting exactly the same thing, a handful of folk 'still can't see him being offered the job'.

I just do not understand why they are so invested in him staying. Seems a little, well, weird.
I personally couldn’t care less if he stays or goes.It’s what we do that counts.

However as I’ve said previously there’s a possible double edged sword here people need to consider should he indeed leave-if, for example, they bring Rogers back, he is a better manager than fat ange. Nobody knows how it will pan out so I see no point in anyone getting too excited about him leaving. Sometimes better the devil you know.

Folk just don’t want to admit that he actually plays a good brand of football. Spurs are looking at something different and Munn background was key to that. Hatate and Kyogo will be away with him and they’ll want to try to sign the next Mitomo. Another player that he tried to sign.

Slightly off topic but surely this is going to have a negative effect for their players going into a cup final.

Listening to a pre match team talk from a guy you know is away by the end of the day.
If you need a team talk to get you up for a final you shouldn’t be playing football.

Anyway. Hopefully super caley go ballistic again

Folk just don’t want to admit that he actually plays a good brand of football. Spurs are looking at something different and Munn background was key to that. Hatate and Kyogo will be away with him and they’ll want to try to sign the next Mitomo. Another player that he tried to sign.
I can't see Spurs signing Hatate or Kyogo. Quite frankly, neither are good enough for a club who have money like Spurs. They could easily buy better players than those two.

Rod Stewart could give the team talk but they'll still pump Inverness

There’s posters in this thread who sound like they will be more devastated when the man who bathes in gravy leaves than actual Celtic fans

The way people in this country talk about him it’s like we should all get down on our knees and thank god for sending us the fat prick to teach us all about football

Boak inducing

Last edited:

Its inverness cale bro.

They finished 6th in the second tier of scottish football behind greenock morton.

Even if I did the yahoo pre match talk and picked their team they would still beat Inverness :))

Go on then, who? The guy basically went near 2 calander years only losing 1 league game. Rogers had a great record but he had zero competition.

It took Gerrard a couple of years and a lot of rebuilding against a mhank team in freefall being managed by an alky. I just dont see a manager out there coming in and matching what he has done. You think Kennedy could? Or Potter? The way he set them up for our league was perfect. Nobody can argue otherwise.

I would rather they lost some continuity at the very least. Plus I dont see any big names coming in to manage in the SPL anymore. It could be Kennedy. I'm going to hazrd a guess he's no Pep.

Plus I couldnt give a f*ck how he fares at Spurs. I hope he fails. But would rather see them suffer a bit of disruption the way we did when we lost our manager.

I was talking about your Beale nonsense, couldn't really give a shit about the other stuff.

mentally challengeds in work seemingly watched an interview today and are adamant he's nit leaving

"The players know my thoughts"

That for them was good enough to come to the conclusion he's not going

You accusing me of being a bheast because I don’t think he’s good enough to be offered the spurs job? B-D

Heard it all now.Keep on your fawning over him and we will see next week where it ends up.I’ve already said I’d donate £20 to Erskine if he goes there, I hope the other poster stumps up the £30 if he doesn’t.

As I said you’d need to be utterly thick not to consider the prospect that they might well end up with a better manger than him should he go. None of us know how it will pan out, and most definitely not you.
I think you are perhaps reading what you want to read. My post specifically stated that I was not accusing you...Your opening to this post is
You accusing me of being a bheast

It is a simple fact that if someone were to script what a 'bheast' would say, your posts would be it. Word for word. That is not an accusation, it is an observation.

Instead of trying to fight everyone, maybe you should spend a little time thinking that over? Up to you kid.

Is the pile saying or going? I’d price the stayed as the meltdown next season will be a joy to behold, I suppose it would the case with any manager, but they have invested so much emotion in this guy!

What's changed today? The crash barriers on my 7s WhatsApp chat now seem resigned to him going but I haven't seen anything?

Mentioned this on the BBC news at lunchtime.

He said that him and the players were concentrating on the game this weekend.

He didn't say he wasn't interested to put the story to bed.

Rather he stayed to watch his team getting pumped by Beale's new Rangers recruits. We weren't far off it this season apart from the costly mistakes we made.
At the point they officially put it beyond us we were quite far off it TBH, 13 points and a shitload of goals in it.
We did close it down by 6 later on but was competitively done by then.

I’ll be glad to see him depart and unsettle them.
Just need caley do do the biz in the final and completely ruin their summer

He got fortunate in that they sold Ajer, Christie, Edouard and reinvested it. The 12/13 players they brought in all gelled quick. We lost our manager (we’d have 3 in a row had Gerrard stayed) - Postecoglu probably out of a job. GvB spunked a lead. They won a double.

We were terrible domestically under GvB and once again Postecoglu had a clear run at the league.

His squad is nowhere near as good as some say it is. Barely had an injury and the likes of Ralston, Oh, Iwata, Kobayashi, Bernabei etc look shite.

The ones delighted to see Postecoglu move on will be the first ones to shit a brick when Brendan Rodgers or the likes are appointed.

His tactics will be destroyed in the English Premiership. He’s probably peaked at Scottish Premiership level too.
Well said

I think you are perhaps reading what you want to read. My post specifically stated that I was not accusing you...Your opening to this post is

It is a simple fact that if someone were to script what a 'bheast' would say, your posts would be it. Word for word. That is not an accusation, it is an observation.

Instead of trying to fight everyone, maybe you should spend a little time thinking that over? Up to you kid.
Absolute garbage. I’ll be shocked if he’s named spurs boss for a variety of reasons, and I won’t be either delighted nor gutted either way.He’s done well domestically for them but has been a total train wreck in Europe.

I believe what MB is putting in place would’ve taken care of him and them next season regardless.

So suck it up- not everyone thinks the same as you, thankfully.

Great post.

Hear, hear.

I doubt we'll ever see such circumstances for an OF manager again and there is definitely a chance they could land a manager who will be better in the long run for them

Absolute garbage. I’ll be shocked if he’s named spurs boss for a variety of reasons, and I won’t be either delighted nor gutted either way.He’s done well domestically for them but has been a total train wreck in Europe.

I believe what MB is putting in place would’ve taken care of him and them next season regardless.

So suck it up- not everyone thinks the same as you, thankfully.
You do realise that long, long before you even saw this thread I posted pretty much word for word what you just wrote? Real easy for you to look at my post history.

I think him going would be good short term because it would throw their pre season into flux but I am not fussed either way.

Again, because you appear a little slow, that is not what I am commenting on. I am commenting on your insistence that he will never be offered the job. Clearly he is on their radar and all indications are that he will be approached. All indications. Thats it. Nothing more. Whether it would be good or bad for 'us' is not a point in that little post. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back