Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miguel Delaney of the Independant (queue Trent Crimm comments) just tweeted that the formal approach for him is effectively full time on Saturday. Id guess they wouldnt be putting that sort of story out there, and facing another KB this time from an spl manager, if they hadnt been given a nod to a wink that its agreeable.
Isn’t the case nowadays that they speak to agents and everything in terms of his personal terms is sorted first. The formal approach and agreeing the compo is the last stage. I’d expect this to be sorted pretty quickly after Saturday.

He didn't say "Do I look happy?!" did he?
He never manages that.

It’s obvious from his response at the very least he is interested in the job but considering the back story I think it’s safe to assume he’s off-you would imagine an announcement will not be made till next week so not to interfere with the cup final.
Hopefully they lose and they announce it right away

Hope you're right but clearly he will be competing on more of an even footing than he was with them against Real Madrid.
They’re not going to be making any inroads on the teams above them in the league now. And this is what he’s been brought in to do.

He just happens to be going to spurs and that brings up questions like why would they want him, but unless you’re a spurs fan then it could be spurs, West Ham or Brentford.

As long as he goes, and they lose the person holding it all together, then any upheaval is welcome.
Exactly he's done well and we can do without a manager who has them winning things.
It's a bonus if he leaves.

His teams is blowing out their arses after a hour, it’s the subs rule that’s helped them along…
Absolutely. Covid has come and gone, substitutes should be reverted back to 3. He winds up his wee Japanese crew like a wean’s toy and says ‘give me a good hour’ then subs half his team. I know everyone can do it but with his budget smaller teams simply can’t afford to compete.

Truth is noone knows if he'll be a success or not. I never watch them unless is v us. What I will say is although we barely beat them, all 4 of his visits to Ibrox they were utterly shite imo. How we only managed to take 1 Point from the New Year game and the Ramsey opener one is ridiculous for what we faced. You could even throw in the 2nd half of the League Cup Final and the Scottish Semi there

gru-eat.gif
I still don’t think it’ll happen. I suppose we will find out next week.Huge mistake by spurs if this insane rumour actually comes to pass.

The concern for me would be they might bring in someone better and who could improve their diabolical embarrassing European record.

He never manages that.

It’s obvious from his response at the very least he is interested in the job but considering the back story I think it’s safe to assume he’s off-you would imagine an announcement will not be made till next week so not to interfere with the cup final.
His speech directly after the match will telling

I can’t stand him for the simple fact that he is their manager. It doesn’t mean I don’t recognise, albeit hate, what he has achieved there. I think I can therefore offer a reasonably objective opinion that if he goes to Spurs, it will a disaster for him, Spurs and the scum. I hope, therefore, that he goes.

I still don’t think it’ll happen. I suppose we will find out next week.Huge mistake by spurs if this insane rumour actually comes to pass.

The concern for me would be they might bring in someone better and who could improve their diabolical embarrassing European record.
In a way a Celtic team that do a bit better in Europe might work in our favour in the league. Scottish teams that go far in Europe tend to fall short in the league because we simply dont have the squads for both. Not too far mind you but il permit them last 32 if it boosts our chances

You really have to wonder what the whole point is with the guy if he never steps up.

Been there under Deila, Rodgers, Lennon and Postecoglou hanging about unwanted.

Clearly just happy walking out the house with a Celtic tracksuit on every day and getting paid for it.
I have seen it written he has had several different roles at the club of shame since 2010. A constant member of the staff for every manager that has walked in the door since that time, that's non-negotiable.

BigJohn Nose!

It will be interesting to see if this has any effect their Japanese players. Obviously a lot of them knew him personally before moving to the tims.

Truth is noone knows if he'll be a success or not. I never watch them unless is v us. What I will say is although we barely beat them, all 4 of his visits to Ibrox they were utterly shite imo. How we only managed to take 1 Point from the New Year game and the Ramsey opener one is ridiculous for what we faced. You could even throw in the 2nd half of the League Cup Final and the Scottish Semi there
That's the thing some of our players seemed to be beaten in their head before playing them as in some games they were nothing special at all.
we made the stupid mistake of not going at them and allowed them to attack us.

Absolutely. Covid has come and gone, substitutes should be reverted back to 3. He winds up his wee Japanese crew like a wean’s toy and says ‘give me a good hour’ then subs half his team. I know everyone can do it but with his budget smaller teams simply can’t afford to compete.
The 5 subs, albeit which should help us, makes the gap even bigger between the top 2 and the rest.

He never manages that.

Yeah, I agree - he's off (hopefully as a Scottish Cup loser).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back