Turnbull Blatantly Kicks Aberdeen Player Off The Ball... And Is Not Red Carded – Collum Decision Is Inexcusable

So hypothetically if Turnbull punched him instead and Collum seen it and only booked him then its ok ?

He can surely be overruled in this situation regardless if he says it's a yellow or not.
I'm pretty sure that they have to ask the ref if he's 100% sure he got it right. And if he does then I don't think there's a way that it can be changed.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong for sure!

I'm pretty sure that they have to ask the ref if he's 100% sure he got it right. And if he does then I don't think there's a way that it can be changed.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong for sure!
They can ask the referee to review the footage and determine whether or not the incident is far worse or contains more elements than what he saw on the pitch. If he says naw I saw that, it's a yellow, the yellow stands. If he says he made a mistake or missed something, he can be cited

They can ask the referee to review the footage and determine whether or not the incident is far worse or contains more elements than what he saw on the pitch. If he says naw I saw that, it's a yellow, the yellow stands. If he says he made a mistake or missed something, he can be cited
You've put it better than I have.

The difference being that Collum and the rest of the officials at Pittodrie won't be asked to review the yellow card for Turnbull. They would do it in a heartbeat for Morelos.

Corruption writ large hear as the incident is so blatant. Morelos would be looking at a multi-game ban for this and I’d suggest it would be red for any player in the league not playing for Celtic.

As for the compliant officer, they’d be as well shelving that post.

So hypothetically if Turnbull punched him instead and Collum seen it and only booked him then its ok ?

He can surely be overruled in this situation regardless if he says it's a yellow or not.
He cannot be overruled. If he says he saw the entire incident and deems it a Yellow Card, nothing can be done. It can only be dealt with by the CO if the Ref says that he missed all or part of the incident.

Games cannot be re-refereed after the event, so it was the case that if the Ref dealt with the incident, by means of a Yellow Card, the CO couldn't take any action and it ended there.

Then, Clerr the Tim got the CO role and found a loophole (almost always used to punish Rangers), whereby if the Officials claimed that they didn't see the entire incident, then the CO could take action and upgrade a Yellow to a Red.

All of a sudden, we had Refs staring directly at incidents involving Rangers players, saying that they never saw the entire incident or if they had seen it from a different angle, they would have made a different decision. Which is why what is or isn't shown on Sky or BBC is very important.

As far as I'm aware, just like Covid suspensions, we are the only country who use that loophole and other countries only acted on incidents completely missed by the Officials (pre-VAR obviously).

He cannot be overruled. If he says he saw the entire incident and deems it a Yellow Card, nothing can be done. It can only be dealt with by the CO if the Ref says that he missed all or part of the incident.

Games cannot be re-refereed after the event, so it was the case that if the Ref dealt with the incident, by means of a Yellow Card, the CO couldn't take any action and it ended there.

Then, Clerr the Tim got the CO role and found a loophole (almost always used to punish Rangers), whereby if the Officials claimed that they didn't see the entire incident, then the CO could take action and upgrade a Yellow to a Red.

All of a sudden, we had Refs staring directly at incidents involving Rangers players, saying that they never saw the entire incident or if they had seen it from a different angle, they would have made a different decision. Which is why what is or isn't shown on Sky or BBC is very important.

As far as I'm aware, just like Covid suspensions, we are the only country who use that loophole and other countries only acted on incidents completely missed by the Officials (pre-VAR obviously).
Good points mate.

If they use the rule that the referee has 100% control of a decision if he has seen it then they need to be held accountable and suspended etc

Bent refs can then influence games and seasons by dishing out whatever they want as long as they say they had a good view of it.

If nothing happens to turnbull then there is free reign in scotland to kick opponent's when the ball isn't in play like throw ins and corners.

There's no rules in place because the system was set up to disadvantage Rangers, as we saw from the very start with Aluko.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised they've let a non mhank take part in their ruse mate (hope that's the right word). :)
There will be a reason for him being given the gig, even though he is not a yahoo.

A refusal to cite Turbull will be the first clue as to why.

Did they not declare something ridiculous like Morelos' elbow against Dundee Utd was really comprised of two incidents and the ref had booked him for one but hadn't acted on the second which allowed them to step in.

Basically in his case the punishment was decided first and then they went backwards through the process to find the justification

And if he insists it's a yellow at that point the SFA should say, "thanks for your service Willie, we won't be needing you anymore, hand your cards and whistle in on your way out."

I think Rangers have to be more specific when highlighting double standards by actually saying the words "celtc " "Dubai ", and probably later on today "turnbull".

Gerrard should say "the repeated inconsistencies in referee and compliance decisions are resulting in observers of the game questioning whether these are indicative of bias and discrimination in the SFA disciplinary department and if that view persists that in itself brings the game into disrepute. I should make clear that these are not my views but opinions I am aware of which are becoming louder with every strange decision".

Last edited:
Why are Aberdeen not up in arms about that assault?
Apart from the poor refereeing and sanctioning from the compliance officer this is one of my biggest issues. The lack of comments from clubs out with rangers when Celtic clearly get away with incidents in games that may of seen them get a result. I’d wager my life savings that had that been Morelos, Glass or one of his players would of made comment in the press about how it should of been red. Is it because the media don’t ask the question when it’s Celtic? So we don’t get comment.

Ach... behave, the lad had a swipe, big deal. Gers ought to be naughty make an offer for Turnbull...he can play a bit, won't be long in the East End with the Pikey's...

Hayes was running through on goal and McGregor made a fair rugby tackle.
There was nothing to see.

I'm here daydreaming of the day that after an incident like the Turnbull one, a player returns the favour there and then, right after the yellow card.
Turns to Collum after he is inevitably red carded and tells him he better consult with his assistants and 4th official, because he's not leaving the park until Turnbull sees red also.
And tell Collum that the whole of the UK will be talking about them both for the next month.
Ruining the bastards career.

We can dream.
Or turn straight round and kick the tw@ in the pussy.

Did they not declare something ridiculous like Morelos' elbow against Dundee Utd was really comprised of two incidents and the ref had booked him for one but hadn't acted on the second which allowed them to step in.

Basically in his case the punishment was decided first and then they went backwards through the process to find the justification
Correct. Despite staring straight at it, the Ref claimed that he hadn't seen the entire incident. Same with Roofe v St Johnstone, which was even worse. Ref was 2 yards away, staring straight at it ... but didn't see it. So, why did he book him at the time?

I’m sure this clear red card incident will be highlighted endlessly for days on end by the media to make sure the compliance officer takes the necessary action against the player for violent conduct?

I’m sure this clear red card incident will be highlighted endlessly for days on end by the media to make sure the compliance officer takes the necessary action against the player for violent conduct?
If he isn’t cited by 3pm today it’s over . He won’t be . Nobody should be surprised .

We don’t need the refs, if diddy teams like Aberdeen are happy to be cheated out of 3 points then who are we to complain. Leave them fighting for the third spot because the refs/compliance system will ensure that their team is guaranteed 2nd.

Why are people annoyed Rangers are not highlighting this incident. Surely that is for AFC to make comment if they wish.
could you imagine the panty wetters on here had a Rangers player done it against St Johnstone and AFC made a public comment on it.

This is the type of incident that Rangers need to use to expose the system.

They have to let it be known that the incident has been formally reported so it cant be ignored. Sound out lawyers, the rulebooks, precedents, pull in favours in the press.

Otherwise, be prepare to be shafted again next season by the same corrupt people.

Last edited:
Why are people annoyed Rangers are not highlighting this incident. Surely that is for AFC to make comment if they wish.
could you imagine the panty wetters on here had a Rangers player done it against St Johnstone and AFC made a public comment on it.

Comes into the "inconsistencies" category that Gerrard and others have been highlighting for weeks.
When our players are upgraded for similar incidents but our opponents are not we have to be questioning it constantly. Let's face it, in the face of such blatant corruption we can't do nothing.

From a missing Dundee email to the incident Wed night it can’t fail to not be exposed. I just don’t think Rangers shouting about how corrupt it is will help, they need the other clubs to also be outraged at it and the likes of Aberdeen seem happy to allow it to continue.
This is the type of incident that Rangers need to use to expose the system.

They have to let it be known that the incident has been formally report so it cant be ignored. Sound out lawyers, the rulebooks, precedents, pull in favours in the press.

Otherwise, be prepare to be shafted again next season by the same corrupt people.

From a missing Dundee email to the incident Wed night it can’t fail to not be exposed. I just don’t think Rangers shouting about how corrupt it is will help, they need the other clubs to also be outraged at it and the likes of Aberdeen seem happy to allow it to continue.

If nothing else, a comment saying it has been formally reported (by Aberdeen or a third party) would be a start. There's been dozens of celtic incidents that have been allowed to just disappear without a trace.

People can argue whether or not that's Rangers place to do that, but tbh it's us that are being f*cked over by the system, and no-one else will, so it has to be done.

If nothing else, a comment saying it has been formally reported (by Aberdeen or a third party) would be a start. There's been dozens of celtic incidents that have been allowed to just disappear without a trace.

People can argue whether or not that's Rangers place to do that, but tbh it's us that are being f*cked over by the system, and no-one else will, so it has to be done.
We keep winning the league and they keep securing 2nd place due to referees then it’s the other teams that are getting f*cked over.
Im certain a main part of our game plan is possession football to limit the opportunities refs have to insert their influence in the game and apart from Wednesday night and that draw against Hibs we have been successful,when they do try to influence it its brazen and obvious. Hopefully this COVID rules that they have used to punish us won’t exist next year.

Nope. Incidents can be over ruled and worked exactly that way when Morelos stood on the Hibs lad.

Should we be surprised if he is not cited?

The SFA and SPFL are shambles. Look an the inconsistencies with suspensions for covid, Bolingoli, the Aberdeen players, Jones, Edmondson and now the covid 5. I mean it took them what 6 weeks punish our players. They blatantly ignored the rule breaking Dubai. No questions asked, or Lennon admitting he was visiting players homes.

Then there is every time Morelos involved in an incident he gets retrospective bans. Yet anytime a Celtic player is involved they don't even get cited.

So many inconsistencies. They cannot seriously look at themselves and self analyse and believe they are running Scottish Football well.

Back