Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

As good as they look and the atmosphere they create, these marches seems to be causing issues for Bears entering stadiums due to the volumes arriving all at once.

I was lucky to get in front of it at Villarreal otherwise I’d have missed KO, sounds similar to last night.

There’s strikes by the French Air Traffic Control today. Got an message about it last night and was told to expect delays and cancellations. Not like the French to be on strike, eh? o_O

Aye, just boarded and the pilot has said this. Least it means less time in that dump of an airport, until my connection is inevitably delayed as well :(

oooohhh my aching head, dragging myself back to Vienna airport and aside from the disappointing result, what a trip. There will be a few Bears with sore heids this morning for sure, I've been following since 1969 all over Europe and aside from minor incidents (and I mean MINOR) this has to go down as one of the best (Barcelona 72 included).

Much of the credit must go to the Austrians, People and Police, what a welcome, friendly and helpful, very accommodating allowing us to virtually take over large parts of the city, mess it up a little and be shall we say 'boisterous' through the wee small hours. Many Plod including our own, could learn from these guys.....just want to say THANK YOU VIENNA, YOU WERE AWESOME!

oooohhh my aching head, dragging myself back to Vienna airport and aside from the disappointing result, what a trip. There will be a few Bears with sore heids this morning for sure, I've been following since 1969 all over Europe and aside from minor incidents (and I mean MINOR) this has to go down as one of the best (Barcelona 72 included).

Much of the credit must go to the Austrians, People and Police, what a welcome, friendly and helpful, very accommodating allowing us to virtually take over large parts of the city, mess it up a little and be shall we say 'boisterous' through the wee small hours. Many Plod including our own, could learn from these guys.....just want to say THANK YOU VIENNA, YOU WERE AWESOME!

Well said. The police were class and when we got back off the train, the alley at the Hard Rock Cafe which was full of us had all been cleaned up.

We arrived at the sector 1-5 entrance as advised by the police around an hour before kick off. Crushing was getting bad whilst we waited for them to let rangers fans in. I think they were letting rapid fans in first.
If they had checked tickets 100m up tome road it would have been fine, lot of people there with no tickets, not sure whether they managed to blag their way in.

Randomly in sector 5 I went for a piss just before half time, took an age to get down to the toilets and when I went to go back up they told me the sector was full and I should go to sector 8...Thankfully just ignored them so I could get back to mates.

There was loads of space up top of sector 5, stewards should have been doing more to move folk there.

Same happened to myself, got told to go to sector 8. Had 2 beers at my seat as well!

Boy behind me in the queue into the ground openly admitting he had a fake ticket. Not sure if he got in, hopefully not.

Absolute scum whoever is making them and costing other bears getting into the ground.
Absolutely mate - sickened me last night the amount of guys with fakes. It's not on !! Really hope the majority of them didn't get in.

That was a complete shambles trying to get into the ground last night. Rapid should be held to account. Only two 'turnstiles' for 2,000 fans was never going to work. Thankfully not aware of any serious injuries but certainly could have been.
That's brutal mate,sorry i never seen you on this trip just about to leave for Bratislava.

I stayed around the Hütteldorf area post match and mingled with the locals (after getting through the police cordon!)

Good bunch and eager to talk Rangers. Got back into the city at 1am (Thanks Uber!) and continued there :)

Not quite on a par with Moscow but a great trip!

On the runway the now at Vienna, had a brilliant time.

Austrians were very friendly and they were all very organised and prepared for us.

Bears were excellent and I loved the UB march to the stadium. Only negative was the gates not being open when we arrived at the stadium causing a bit of chaos.

Oh and Rob Mclean has just got on our flight :rolleyes:

On the runway.... just got stung 28 euro with wizz air for not checking in the bag I paid extra for. Cheek of it was I had to carry it out to the plane anyway for them to Chuck it in the hold.

On the runway the now at Vienna, had a brilliant time.

Austrians were very friendly and they were all very organised and prepared for us.

Bears were excellent and I loved the UB march to the stadium. Only negative was the gates not being open when we arrived at the stadium causing a bit of chaos.

Oh and Rob Mclean has just got on our flight :rolleyes:
Get him telt!
But in a funny way don't give him ammo to slag.

The crushing last night was an utter disgrace and yet again, Rangers security were no where to be seen.

A woman infront of me collapsed due ti the crushing, I’m actually surprised no one was seriously injured. 2 turnstiles for 2,000 folk - when the UB march and TC busses were turning up at the same time - was never going to work

The situation last night was an absolute disgrace, it really was. No ticket checks, no cordon, no clear signs to tell anybody where they should go. As soon as I got the stadium I approached the police and tried to explain how many people were on their way and that there would be crushing because there were no cordons or ticket checks. They just shrugged their shoulders.
At one point we seriously considered just getting out the queue and watching the game in a boozer.

Decent trip. Good laugh. Nice city though pethaps expected more but then should have saw more. Locals were decent. Cops weren't bad. Vast majority had a good time. Pity we didn't win but didnt deserve to lose.

Some Austrians we spoke to loved Ibrox and their trip here.

Would go back but not cheap.

Getting in the stadium then out of the surrounds was garbage.

We arrived at the stadium at 5.10pm.Joined the queue,about 50 in front of us.Not sure why,when all the stewards and police were in place at that time that they couldn’t start admitting people there and then.About half five,hundreds turned up and just rushed the turnstiles,jumping barriers etc..not giving a flying fuk about those already there,only caring about themselves.
Police stood and watched.It took us an hour to get in through the madness,despite being about five metres from the top of the queue..carnage and major crushing,absolutely nothing from the police or stewards.
You have to wonder what goes on at these meetings they have in advance of games.Doing proper ticket checks away from the turnstiles and planning how to filter valid ticket holders down to the search area is obviously not on the agenda.

Would be interesting to see how many didn't get in. Didn't look like there was anything at all in the area for watching on TV.

Well done to the guy who returned the tickets the older couple lost in the queue. Could have ended up with anyone and looked like he went backwards in the queue to return them to the right people.

Superb trip. Not one bit of bother out and about. Rapid fans before and after the game seemed decent.

Let's not forget that they bent over backwards to get those with GENUINE tickets into the stadium and to the stadium.

The wait to get into sektor 5 was a combination of folk trying to get in who shouldn't have been there, genuine error or at it, and us all being there at the one time.

Only real negative was trying to get up and down the stairs in sektor 5. Cheers to the bears who helped me out and made room when I ended up launched off the stairs due to a bit of crushing . That could have been much worse.

Hope all make it home safe. Just bout to head to bratislava for later flight back to UK..

Strange I got there - Sektor 7 - 26mins before KO and there was a single file queue of circa 100... everyone must have been inside by then.

Some prick standing in my seat space though.

Wouldn’t move, beefed up by his bolshy mate suggesting *I* was in the wrong...

:D:D:D

In Dublin waiting on my next flight. It was a superb trip, the crushing was scary though!! I managed to get out then enter the home end.

I thought the locals were first class and no complaints. Ended in some random boozer near the stadium as the Police blocked all routes.

The situation last night was an absolute disgrace, it really was. No ticket checks, no cordon, no clear signs to tell anybody where they should go. As soon as I got the stadium I approached the police and tried to explain how many people were on their way and that there would be crushing because there were no cordons or ticket checks. They just shrugged their shoulders.
At one point we seriously considered just getting out the queue and watching the game in a boozer.
My mates did leave the queue and went to the pub as they were in fear of injuries.

Great trip, Vienna was excellent the police couldn’t have been better the bars especially the FF Sash Bash, the beer, the atmosphere, everything was superb the only downside apart from the result was the crush getting into the game last night oh and trying to find buses after the match I hope the bear who travelled back to Vienna airport when he should’ve been at Bratislava got back okay. Cheers Vienna it was a blast

In Vienna airport now having a few bevvies
before my flight to Munich. Great trip and although the result wasn’t good I felt the damage was done v Moscow.

I agree, I was there as the gate was opened from the Main Street down to the stadium , the guy opening it almost got knocked over in the crush, lot of arseholes without tickets openly saying we will go down with the rest and try squeeze in thru the turnstile which led to crushing , there was a young boy near the front with his dad getting crushed. Only downside of a great trip.

Getting into the away end was a shambles. The snaked railings to get to the turnstiles were a fckn joke, it was so disorganised it was unreal, impossible to tell when it was crowded where the railings started and when you joined the back of the queue you didn't move forward even after half an hour. As time went on you could see the snake queue starting to move but from outside it you weren't budging.

I was worried we'd miss kick-off but thankfully, after over an hour of trying, we got in with 10 minutes to spare. The main queue didn't really sort itself out until the Police formed a queue at the entrance of it and stopped people climbing over the railing to skip the beginning of it, the big polis who started shoving bears out the road to form that line was a disgrace. I really thought it was going to kick-off at that point.

Anybody who heard the announcements from the Police van won't forget it, funny moments in amongst the carnage of what was happening. That high pitched voice that sounded like a gestapo officer out of 'Allo Allo', "fanz of Glazgo":D

The away end seating reminded me of the old Olympic stadium in Munich, big metal seats with high terrace railings in front of them.

Anyone got a good video of the bouncy outside the bermuda from last night? Was f*ckin chaos :D:D

Great trip with Sport Options .Very well organised.Was on bus 1 from Bratislava airport .

Shambles getting in outside sector 5 .Must admit Rapid fans we met and the Austrians in general were very friendly

Boy behind me in the queue into the ground openly admitting he had a fake ticket. Not sure if he got in, hopefully not.

Absolute scum whoever is making them and costing other bears getting into the ground.
Boy in front of me didn’t get in because his ticket barcode had already been scanned.

Rangers end one too. So some bear has photocopied a bunch. Hopefully the boy contacts the TC and the person whose ticket it was can explain why they should not be banned.

Just home totally burst was a fantastic trip and met some great bears, locals were all spot on..

quiet weekend now

Had a great time except the result and dragging myself to the airport for 8 this morning wasn’t fun. Loads of people were getting turned away from Sektor 5 with dodgy tickets... Most of them knowing fine well they were dodgy as well, fucking idiots.

It was a shambles. I normally leave it quite late to go into games but followed the official advice and went on the specified train. It took us an hour and a half to get into the ground, I'd have been as well staying in the city centre and turning up just before kick off instead of spending time being pushed about in that shambles.
On the plus side the local police didn't get heavy handed and there was a great atmosphere in the ground.
Oh and a special mention to the barmaids in the Matchbox Bar. Absolutely top notch ;)

The best bit about the trip for me was that walk through Schwedenplatz on the way to the game. All the locals were videoing it so was hoping to find one but had no luck yet.

Back