Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Folk on twitter saying theres a bit of a crush going on with our fans. Sincerely hope its nothing serious...

The police were mad letting ALL fans down to the ground ticket or not...The amount of supporters was massive, I video for five full minutes and I didn't get the whole March on - the road was rammed.

I can deal with idiot fans singing idiot songs and being tits but what i cant deal with is thousands of bears going to the stadium without tickets pissed up and putting other bears at risk of serious injury or worse.. hope the crush doesnt escalate

Fücking idiots, forgetting the shite that will be spread by the press endangering people with this sort of behaviour is stupid beyond reason.

I saw guys go through all the crush to get to the ticket gates and wave a bit of paper saying their tickets were lost. FFS.

just spoke to my mate out there .poor lady's front bottom bought ticket from that stubhub...got to the gate and his seat dosent exist ....shocking dirty rat bastards

Union Bears march tried to storm the gates. It's lucky nobody was crushed
Don’t know who told you that but that’s not what happened.

A few folk at the back queuing took offence to a few bears (of questionable morals) who realised the fences for the queue could be jumped over.

Our tickets were in section 3 beside the official allocation so left at that point.

Nothing to do with the union bears.

As above, noway all bears should have been sent down to the official allocation turnstiles.

Other than that and the result, a good night had by all.....

Nearly a hillsbrough mark 2. Steward didn’t have a clue what to do with the amount of people. Folk getting seriously wound up. Shite night.

The stewarding/policing of that was shambolic

Watching old men and woman being squashed up in front of a fence was brutal.

The idiots who knowingly rocked up with forgeries are equally is culpable. Arseholes.

We waited at the turnstiles for them to open and once the UB march turned up it was total chaos folk jumping barriers and a really bad crush would have hated to have been a young kid tonight trying to get in to the ground.

Strange I got there - Sektor 7 - 26mins before KO and there was a single file queue of circa 100... everyone must have been inside by then.

Some prick standing in my seat space though.

Wouldn’t move, beefed up by his bolshy mate suggesting *I* was in the wrong...

Strange I got there - Sektor 7 - 26mins before KO and there was a single file queue of circa 100... everyone must have been inside by then.

Some prick standing in my seat space though.

Wouldn’t move, beefed up by his bolshy mate suggesting *I* was in the wrong...

‘Your’ seat space? At a Euro away day?

I must have been doing it wrong :D

Bit of a shambles arriving at the stadium, especially after arriving from the march to the ground. Once in, no problems at all. The Rapid fans were class, a real friendly astmosphere outside the ground with them. Seen absolutely zero bother at all.

Seen on Twitter a few bears who have gone missing over the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed they turn up ok.

Bit of a shambles arriving at the stadium, especially after arriving from the march to the ground. Once in, no problems at all. The Rapid fans were class, a real friendly astmosphere outside the ground with them. Seen absolutely zero bother at all.

Seen on Twitter a few bears who have gone missing over the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed they turn up ok.

They were at the wind up the majority that I seen heading back to schwedenplatz. %^*& them. Also roughing bears up and stealing flags. Enough of this pal patter.

Cute. I remember my first away game as well mate.

Mine was in 1974.

Anyway, my point was that the individual was unnecessarily aggressive.

Maybe this got lost in print. Anyway I found a good spot in the end, so no worries, apart from the score.

The stewarding/policing of that was shambolic

Watching old men and woman being squashed up in front of a fence was brutal.

The idiots who knowingly rocked up with forgeries are equally is culpable. Arseholes.

I overheard a few folk in the queue openly chatting about the fact they had fake tickets/photocopies. I quickly mentioned my displeasure and whilst mot met with hostility was clearly not popular.

Absolute a*sehole behaviour and shame on anyone on here who tried to get in with a dodgy ticket.

Just back home, absolutely jiggered but a great day, result aside.

As others have said, getting in was a royal pain in the t1ts, definitley not helped by the selfish no ticket brigade. Was fine inside though, no hassles at all and a decent view from the corner.

Was a bit shocked to see the number of our flags that their ultras appear to have acquired and displayed (upside down) bang on the hour mark. Annoying.

Other than that, great trip and outstanding numbers who follow followed across there, absolutely superb. I can’t wait until the next one, just a pity that’ll now be next season.

WATP

Last edited:
The crushing last night was an utter disgrace and yet again, Rangers security were no where to be seen.

A woman infront of me collapsed due ti the crushing, I’m actually surprised no one was seriously injured. 2 turnstiles for 2,000 folk - when the UB march and TC busses were turning up at the same time - was never going to work

Guy rolling about the floor in Vienna airport around 5am this morning in the middle of an absolute badyin like he was on acid. Hope that’s nobodies mate :D

The crushing last night was an utter disgrace and yet again, Rangers security were no where to be seen.

A woman infront of me collapsed due ti the crushing, I’m actually surprised no one was seriously injured. 2 turnstiles for 2,000 folk - when the UB march and TC busses were turning up at the same time - was never going to work

SLO was standing next to it at the police van. He was dealing with an old lad who had to be taken out the queue due to crushing. He was struggling to breathe.(as in catch his breath, not dying).

Delayed Vienna to Paris by an hour. Never had an airfrance flight not delayed.

There’s strikes by the French Air Traffic Control today. Got an message about it last night and was told to expect delays and cancellations. Not like the French to be on strike, eh? o_O

Got to sector 7 about 45 mins to kick off. There were queues but no ticket checks until you got to to turnstyles. Was single file but no crushing
For me thshMbles was after the game the access to underground wAs blocked off and got redirected into all the rapid fans

Me, my mate and several others never got in with tickets from the travel club. Took it up with the slo and Strathclyde police who apologised but said there was nothing they could do and we should find a pub nearby to watch it in.

Going to mail Greg today as he asked me to but still raging about it.

That was a complete shambles trying to get into the ground last night. Rapid should be held to account. Only two 'turnstiles' for 2,000 fans was never going to work. Thankfully not aware of any serious injuries but certainly could have been.

Me, my mate and several others never got in with tickets from the travel club. Took it up with the slo and Strathclyde police who apologised but said there was nothing they could do and we should find a pub nearby to watch it in.

Going to mail Greg today as he asked me to but still raging about it.

That’s a shambles. Did they say why you couldn’t get in?

We got into the ground quite early. We had to walk back up the hill the march went down and ask the Police further down the street to let us down which they did in the end. From then it was fine and no queues at all. We were the Sektor next to the away end but it was full of Rangers fans anyway.

However when the march arrived at the ground it wasn’t clear at all about how you got into the ground as all the gates were shut

That’s a shambles. Did they say why you couldn’t get in?

We got into the ground quite early. We had to walk back up the hill the march went down and ask the Police further down the street to let us down which they did in the end. From then it was fine and no queues at all. We were the Sektor next to the away end but it was full of Rangers fans anyway.

However when the march arrived at the ground it wasn’t clear at all about how you got into the ground as all the gates were shut

Never gave us a reason we were just told to go to a pub and watch it and Greg would take it up with rapid when he gets back.

We arrived at the sector 1-5 entrance as advised by the police around an hour before kick off. Crushing was getting bad whilst we waited for them to let rangers fans in. I think they were letting rapid fans in first.
If they had checked tickets 100m up tome road it would have been fine, lot of people there with no tickets, not sure whether they managed to blag their way in.

Randomly in sector 5 I went for a piss just before half time, took an age to get down to the toilets and when I went to go back up they told me the sector was full and I should go to sector 8...Thankfully just ignored them so I could get back to mates.

There was loads of space up top of sector 5, stewards should have been doing more to move folk there.

Large groups arriving at same time will always cause delays. It also gives the opportunity for those trying to by pass ticket checks.
We have all seen it on Euro travels and small allocations.

Back