Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

That map has Carntyne as blue - it certainly was predominantly blue when I was growing up - but I'm really not sure about now -
Having been away for years & only visiting on the odd occasion recently - I get the feeling there may be a bit of a swing towards the dark side
Anyone able to confirm how it is these days ?

Haghill used to be mega-blue in days gone by - anyone know if that's still true ?

Riddrie still seems staunch to me - but again not being there as often as I used to be - maybe that's the wrong impression?

Dennistoun seems to be under a bit of a gentrification process - although maybe that's just the cafes - & not their clientele - anyway it still seems sound to me

What about Parkhead that used too be predominantly a Rangers area!
In fact the Ke!tic club on London road was full of blue noses on a Friday night for the cheap booze and the loose women.
It was comical when they did the raffle!
When an orange ticket came out they would shout salmon pink too the howls of laughter and derogatory comments by the blue noses?

Recently moved to Linlithgow, been here 2 months now, yet to see a green and white top.

Plenty of bears about. Fiancé is from Bo’ness which seems like a staunch little place.

The only towns the mentally challengeds outnumber us in is are probably Coatbridge, Port Glasgow, Greenock, Dumbarton, Clydebank and a few small places like Croy and Carfin. Every other town there is likely more of us than them.

The only towns the mentally challengeds outnumber us in is are probably Coatbridge, Port Glasgow, Greenock, Dumbarton, Clydebank and a few small places like Croy and Carfin. Every other town there is likely more of us than them.
famine did hit here very hard

Croy is still overwhelming RC but there are a few prods living there now , when I was wee the only Prod in the whole Village was the Polis.

Greenock has a massive rangers following but the problem is that we are not in there faces and don't go on about it the way they that do,we quietly go about our business until ruffled then we let them know.
Were i live is mostly bears with about 3 jungles in a 30 door range i was only person who celebrated 55,Clydebank is the exact same as family still live there.
WATP

Where I lived in Balornock, we definitely outnumbered them, roughly 2/3rds of my area were bears.

But... If you took 50 guys at random, 30 would be bears and 20 would be scum fans. Half of that 20 would wear Celtic gear all the time, whereas there would be only a handful of those 30 bears that wore their Rangers gear.

It looked like there were more of them simply because they were more visible.

I think it's like that in most places, but they seem to have kept more of a low profile recently for some reason.

Where I lived in Balornock, we definitely outnumbered them, roughly 2/3rds of my area were bears.

But... If you took 50 guys at random, 30 would be bears and 20 would be scum fans. Half of that 20 would wear Celtic gear all the time, whereas there would be only a handful of those 30 bears that wore their Rangers gear.

It looked like there were more of them simply because they were more visible.

I think it's like that in most places, but they seem to have kept more of a low profile recently for some reason.
Balornock ,Barmulloch and Springburn always been 70% blue.

Nah mate.

Guarantee it's not. Cathcart and mount florida are mostly Rangers. A few loud mouth tramps around but we have bigger numbers.
Agreed. Same with Battlefield and Shawlands. A few go round with their tops on display which make you think there are more around and a couple of nippy kunts but friendly territory. Lower end of Victoria Rd side streets near Queen's Park gates is Tim ridden as is Toryglen (Asda Toryglen is a sight to behold) but aside from that the area is good.

Croy is still overwhelming RC but there are a few prods living there now , when I was wee the only Prod in the whole Village was the Polis.
Croy as its own place wont exist in a couple of decades. Its basically already becoming a small area of Cumbernauld with all the development in the area between it and Smithstone/Blackwood, and will probably be the only place in the town other than Condorrat with more tims than Rangers fans. I doubt most of the new builds down that way are full of mutants like the village itself is either.

Croy as its own place wont exist in a couple of decades. Its basically already becoming a small area of Cumbernauld with all the development in the area between it and Smithstone/Blackwood, and will probably be the only place in the town other than Condorrat with more tims than Rangers fans. I doubt most of the new builds down that way are full of mutants like the village itself is either.
I agree , as you know Croy Station sits outside the Village itself and is nearly as close to Cumbernauld with all the new builds. A lot of outsiders have moved in simply because it's where the council are offering housing , long gone are the days Prods wouldn't live there.

Was in Elgin two weeks ago, surprisingly staunch, saw three tops while I was there and plenty of untouched stickers.

Elgin is split between us, them and the sheep. I'd guess about 40% Rangers, 35% Celtic, 25% Aberdeen.
I was once at a Speakers Night at Borough Briggs and Mark Hateley and Murdo McLeod were speaking. The roar that met Hateley caused the compere to say to McLeod "You're fucked" :D

Balornock ,Barmulloch and Springburn always been 70% blue.

Springburn born, moved to Balornock at age 8 and if pressed would say 50/50. Been in Barhead since 1988 and have to say where I live I have always felt as though I am the only Bear around, absolutely surrounded by the great unwashed.

Moving to Dunoon in a few weeks, fingers crossed there are few Bears about.

Agreed. Same with Battlefield and Shawlands. A few go round with their tops on display which make you think there are more around and a couple of nippy kunts but friendly territory. Lower end of Victoria Rd side streets near Queen's Park gates is Tim ridden as is Toryglen (Asda Toryglen is a sight to behold) but aside from that the area is good.
I've had a few encounters with tramps with apparant rage issues in asda toryglen over the years mate.

Was in Elgin two weeks ago, surprisingly staunch, saw three tops while I was there and plenty of untouched stickers.
Elgin, Lossiemouth, Burghead all blue.
Before the Aberdeen v Rangers match in December 1974 ( we won 2-1 and went on to win the league preventing the bheasts from getting tiar) I’d been staying in Elgin for a few days. When I went to Elgin Station to get the train to Aberdeen the platform was shoulder to shoulder with Rangers fans and when the train arrived from Inverness it was already packed with Rangers fans. I was lucky and managed to squeeze onto the train but had never expected to see so many Bears when I headed to Elgin Station that Saturday morning :)

Greenock has a massive rangers following but the problem is that we are not in there faces and don't go on about it the way they that do,we quietly go about our business until ruffled then we let them know.
Were i live is mostly bears with about 3 jungles in a 30 door range i was only person who celebrated 55,Clydebank is the exact same as family still live there.
WATP
I agree with you. There are not more of them than us. We still outnumber them. Golf, cricket. Tennis. Rugby and bowling clubs are mainly us while they mainly haunt the pubs. I read something recently that said that they only outnumbered us in Port Glasgow, Coatbridge and Clydebank.

That map has Carntyne as blue - it certainly was predominantly blue when I was growing up - but I'm really not sure about now -
Having been away for years & only visiting on the odd occasion recently - I get the feeling there may be a bit of a swing towards the dark side
Anyone able to confirm how it is these days ?

Haghill used to be mega-blue in days gone by - anyone know if that's still true ?

Riddrie still seems staunch to me - but again not being there as often as I used to be - maybe that's the wrong impression?

Dennistoun seems to be under a bit of a gentrification process - although maybe that's just the cafes - & not their clientele - anyway it still seems sound to me
My dad was from Carntyne, have good memories of going to see my gran there

Condorrat is getting bad. I was at a house there a few months ago and they had a Celtic Champions flag flying in the garden. It wouldn't surprise me if it's still there.

You are totally incorrect when you mention Greenock in that list.
We outnumber them and that is a fact.
I also doubt Port Glasgow outnumbers us as well as there's a lot of good bears from The Port.

Read post 638.

Last edited:
Before the Aberdeen v Rangers match in December 1974 ( we won 2-1 and went on to win the league preventing the bheasts from getting tiar) I’d been staying in Elgin for a few days. When I went to Elgin Station to get the train to Aberdeen the platform was shoulder to shoulder with Rangers fans and when the train arrived from Inverness it was already packed with Rangers fans. I was lucky and managed to squeeze onto the train but had never expected to see so many Bears when I headed to Elgin Station that Saturday morning :)
Ha Ha! I was on that train. Fifteen years old, lived in Forres and went through with seven mates. Cans of Tennents and bottles of Pomagne and a great day had by all!

That forum that came from is reeking of the filth. Where the fuck do they get the proof that there are more scum supporters over the world than Rangers? Just because people are of Irish ancestry doesn't make them supporters of that mob. Seriously, they think they have masses of supporters in Asia? The Thai Tims or whatever they call them are hardly Asia as a whole. I was flicking through some book in Waterstones recently that claimed they had 9 MILLION fans worldwide! Honestly, they really do live in the realms of fantasy.

As for towns for us and them, I've always thought Airdrie was blue and Coatbridge green. Fife and Ayrshire good bluenose areas too, as is Argyll.
it's because they're outnumbered here they try to hold onto this thing world wide Irish thing (who don't give a %^*& about them)...they were playing a game in boston a few years back and these two tim fans i know were telling me that all the young kids growing up in boston were sellik fans (because of bostons irish background)...sure i can imagine all the kids in boston waking up to celtic tops on xmas morning and not american football tops or ice hockey tops or baseball teams shirts..deluded

WATP
You're correct about Clydebank. The town centre is mostly mhanks, but there are plenty staunch Rangers parts of the town. The Rangers supporters tend to stick to the bowling clubs and masonics, or pubs in the outlying areas like Old Kilpatrick and Bowling, while that lot infest the pubs of the town centre and Duntocher in particular. Pretty sure recent records showed around 35% of the population identified as Catholic. Well above the national average, but not a majority. Not a scientific approach to Rangers/ Celtic leaning areas, but it's a step for a hint!

Condorrat is getting bad. I was at a house there a few months ago and they had a Celtic Champions flag flying in the garden. It wouldn't surprise me if it's still there.
Condorrat has always had a high percentage of mockits , especially Condorrat Village but there are plenty bluenoses there too.

There's still far more of us than them in Stampy, but compared to the Mearns, Eaglesham, Busby and Clarkston it's probably the most infested part of the area.

Still about 65/35% us though.

Yeah I stay in Stamperland. Can’t say I encounter much if any green and grey tops on a regular basis.

*edit for clarity

I grew up in Whitecrook Clydebank so I very much know what a rhat infested place looks like first hand

Falkirk is definitely blue, must be around 20 buses leave from there. Bo’ness also share with Polmont loyal for the away games
It always has been, even over the last ten years the manks have generally stuck to their two pubs.

This season has given the young bears here some confidence to keep them in their place too.

Would be interesting to see the season ticket demographics by postcode, Falkirk and the surrounding villages will easily run into 4 figures when it comes to folk going to Ibrox.

We take 2 coaches from Camelon and off the top of my head you also have,
Falkirk True Blues
Polmont
Carronshore
Bo'ness
Davie Weir Loyal
Stenhousemuir
Brightons
Grangemouth
Bonnybridge
Denny & Dunipace

Not to mention loads who take their cars or get the train.

The tims have two.

Back