Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

In the 80’s there were probably more Protestant flute bands in Coatbridge than any other town in Scotland. Not sure how many there are now

Lily of the Valley
Lord Mountbatten
Prince of Orange
Britannia
Rosehall True Blues
Gartsherrie Crimson Star
Prince of Orange are still on the go along with Lilly of valley couldn’t say about others

Southside Glasgow all my life and sad to see the way it has become massively dominant scum. Kingspark and Simshill is now polluted with them. Even once staunch areas like Clarkston and Giffnock now full of them. My current we place Mount Florida has had a massive influx of them when they moved them out of Toryglen Circus. They dont half bring an area down.

Lots of areas in Lanarkshire are full off bears. Lanarkshire celebrates the twelfth the same as Glasgow.
Agree, but theres the carfins and croys of this world .
We dont get that anywhere else.
BTW i am a member of the OO, so know the infected areas.
Look at the SNP support in Lanarkshire.
The further east the less tims , a bit like the USA.
They got of the boats and didnt travel.

Southside Glasgow all my life and sad to see the way it has become massively dominant scum. Kingspark and Simshill is now polluted with them. Even once staunch areas like Clarkston and Giffnock now full of them. My current we place Mount Florida has had a massive influx of them when they moved them out of Toryglen Circus. They dont half bring an area down.

As a nipper, I attended Simshill Primary for a short time. It wasn't far away from Croftfoot, near Linn Park golf course.?

Agree, but theres the carfins and croys of this world .
We dont get that anywhere else.
BTW i am a member of the OO, so know the infected areas.
Look at the SNP support in Lanarkshire.
The further east the less tims , a bit like the USA.
They got of the boats and didnt travel.
Agree with this especially the good old US of A bit plus a lot of yanks who are of Ulster Scot heritage have forgotten their roots and have integrated into society more than the o'irish mob. IMO of course;)

Agree with this especially the good old US of A bit plus a lot of yanks who are of Ulster Scot heritage have forgotten their roots and have integrated into society more than the o'irish mob. IMO of course;)
Where would the ulster scots/ scots/ prods be situated in the USA.

Spread all over mate, they didn't just stay on the eastern seaboard when they arrived a lot of them moved west and became Americans.
I thought there were a lot in the Carolinas , Virginia.
I myself have relations in Texas and hope to go there at some point.

East and South Ayrshire are as staunch as they come, north Ayrshire has more tims but still mainly staunch imo
I’d say North Ayrshire is maybe 70/30 in our favour but there are certainly more tims than in the past.

I thought there were a lot in the Carolinas , Virginia.
I myself have relations in Texas and hope to go there at some point.
I always thought the south had more French ancestry although a lot of Scots settled there as well but they were more of the well healed variety.
There's been a few presidents with Ulster Scot heritage that came from the south I believe.
I stand to be corrected though.
This is pre civil war.

Last edited:
I’d say North Ayrshire is maybe 70/30 in our favour but there are certainly more tims than in the past.
I can only speak of the three towns where I've lived and paraded these past 40 years and I can assure you this is a fact, the reason, feck knows but a lot of my generation no longer live in the area.
Ardeer closing has had a major effect on this area.

It's hard to work out- tims are more vocal. Rangers men don't need to show themselves. It's a psychological thng. We have more self confidence.

Chantinghall Loyal.

(That's in Hamilon)
This is so true and Manchester proves the point, we'll come out when it's important.

I was born in Glasgow but my parents moved to Ayrshire when I was 3, a good 90+% of Ayrshire is staunch Protestant/Rangers. You get the odd Mhank fan but their numbers are low, loads of RSC's in Ayrshire as well. I can only think of two Mhank clubs, one is in Ayr.

Not read the whole thread, but in Castlemilk it is a loud Celtic area, but there’s a quiet Loyalist community amongst who steps up when needed.

Where would the ulster scots/ scots/ prods be situated in the USA.
Came in New Jersey and Philadelphia.
Places in NJ called East Orange, West Orange. Ulster County is just North of that in New York State.
From there they spread South down the Appelachian trail. Became frontier people in many of those mountain ranges.
Down to the Carolina’s, Tennessee, Virginias, and spread South into places like Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and eventually over to Texas and in the last century drifted to California some of them. All over a few centuries
Massive influence in early US. Before many Southern Irish showed up.
Many just call themselves Americans now it was so long ago.
Whisky, Mountain Music, Country Music. Hard Work. Big influence.

Born in the shithole called Castlemilk, the only one of 600 pupils who was a Rangers supporter at my RC secondary school. Heaving with smelly, jakey immoral scum. Left the second I could and exported my greatness to the global market haha

Horrible bastards then and even more hate filled now. They bring up kids to hate us like we’re nazis or something. The shit I seen. Hate them.

Lived in Cardonald for the past 7 years and can honestly say I’ve never felt in the minority.

Thornliebank before that was of good stock.

Raised in Priesthill, drank in Nitshill and there is definitely a higher percentage of Tims in comparison to Cardonald/Tbank. More so in Nitshill.
My father in law lives in cardonald.. I don’t think he would live amongst them… he definitely give em a jab with his walking sticks….

Born in the shithole called Castlemilk, the only one of 600 pupils who was a Rangers supporter at my RC secondary school. Heaving with smelly, jakey immoral scum. Left the second I could and exported my greatness to the global market haha

Horrible bastards then and even more hate filled now. They bring up kids to hate us like we’re nazis or something. The shit I seen. Hate them.
I met a crew of them from castlemilk on holiday in goa., India., I think they disliked me more, because I was born in England.. seen my rangers tattoo.. heard my accent… growling at me they were…

Back