Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

Having very recently moved to the Cumbernauld area for transport links to and from work and affordability ( detached 4 bed with garage 250k compared to exact same house where I was 350k ) I’ve been a bit taken aback at the general feel that the place is totally overrun with Celtic and also SNP minded people.

In the past I do recall seeing supporters buses from the area but I’ve no idea about these days all I know is every second house seems to have a saltire flag on a pole in the gardens , SNP stickers in the window and every kid I see is Dressed head to toe in green and grey. Maybe some on this forum from the area could reassure me that there are blue noses out there , it’s just that I haven’t seen or met them yet ! I did see one house about 8 down from me with some bunting up when we lifted the trophy but the place wasn’t exactly jumping . I suppose I should have known with Croy so close by it might be like this .
Whit. Cumbernauld is blue!

Falkirk is definitely blue, must be around 20 buses leave from there. Bo’ness also share with Polmont loyal for the away games

I've no long moved to Falkirk (once you factor in pubs being closed etc,) Once we get back to games anything running from Airth/Bellsdyke road area if you can point me in the right direction

On topic, I've stayed in Glenrothes & Larkhall and they are deffo majority rangers

I've no long moved to Falkirk (once you factor in pubs being closed etc,) Once we get back to games anything running from Airth/Bellsdyke road area if you can point me in the right direction

On topic, I've stayed in Glenrothes & Larkhall and they are deffo majority rangers
@OohAhHuistra is probably your best bet for a bus mate

Celtic towns and areas that immediately spring to mind are Royston, Coatbridge, Port Glasgow and Clydebank.

Rangers - most of Ayrshire, Bearsden/Milngavie, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock, Larkhall, Strathaven, Bridgeton, Cambuslang, Shettleston.

Add Stonehouse to that list.

Lovely run of the three towns on the A71 Strathaven, Stonehouse and Larkhall

Good folk in those areas. Good buses run from all those towns and barely a yahoo to be seen in any of them :))

Bishopton too?
Traditionally, yes.

However, I’m lead to believe an influx of Inverclyde people into the new Dargavel village has lead to Bishopton being no longer blue.

I think Gazza, Coisty and a couple of others would head out to Bishopton bowling club for a drink every so often. Fergie & Robertson lived in Erskine, so I imagine they joined on occasion.

Thanks for clearing this up, I'm feeling a little bit dim now! :D To be honest I've never heard of the Harriers athletics club.

Battlefield is a strange one, seems to be 50/50, you'll see tops of either side on any given day. Cathcart has the same poety feel to me as Simshill does. Castlemilk I would always have down as being majority them, but I don't spend much time over there. Netherlee/Muirend/Newlands/Shawlands/Giffnock are all majority bears in my experience.

Govanhill used to be a Legia Warsaw stronghold but is now more of a Steaua Bucharest area.

Theres always been a blue presence in Govanhill.

I know plenty of bears personally from there.

Growing up I always thought of
Bridgeton
Thornliebank
Haghill
As mainly rangers areas
Only really remember anyone memtion Royston,Coatbridge and Cory as there areas.

Somebody told me years ago that Coatbridge had the most buses leaving from a town for the games or something daft along those lines, he was laughed out the building. Might need to drop him a wee sorry text lol
In the 80’s there were probably more Protestant flute bands in Coatbridge than any other town in Scotland. Not sure how many there are now

Lily of the Valley
Lord Mountbatten
Prince of Orange
Britannia
Rosehall True Blues
Gartsherrie Crimson Star

Plains i think has plenty tims, Caldercruix is the opposite.
Correct, although since they built all the new houses both are more mixed than they used to be. Glenmavis, Gartness and Greengairs definitely a lot more of us than them. Calderbank nowadays more of them, and Chapelhall about 50/50.

Came across this Stade Rennais online fans forum earlier on and they have created a map of Glasgow showing which areas are more Rangers or more Celtic. Do you agree the map is accurate or do you think that some areas have been labeled wrongly?

Also, is your town more Rangers or more Celtic?

http://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=3085
Vlqx4.jpg
From what I remember growing up in Tollcross
Shettleston was always Blue

Around Airdrie and Coatbridge
Greengairs..Rangers
Glenboig...Celtic....Although large new estates have been built there but old scheme definitely Celtc
Chapelhall...Celtic
Clarkson...Rangers
Bargeddie...Mixed?
Glenmavis....Rangers
Calderbank....Celtic
Caldercruix.....Rangers
Gartcosh....Rangers
Stepps...Mixed?

what is apparent is the new housing estates being built in predominently ,,or traditional Rangers/prodestant is definetly changing things ,,sadly.

Back