The Rangers AGM

Not really a conclusive poll then is it.
Only 15% of the people that attend on a matchday.
I've as much chance of getting asked to show my covid certificate as I have getting asked if I want safe standing.

It's not but, that's why people on this very thread are asking for a wider poll to be done with more extensive questions into moving seats and raising funds for it.

Over 6000 people isn't an insignificant amount in itself but, it's a big number considering the amount that were asked.

Safe standing is not a priority right now. I don't know why some folk are obsessed by it. We have far bigger fish to fry.
Because the Ibrox atmosphere is horrific except the odd European game and Celtic? Mind boggling folk have this belief we have the best atmosphere in Europe or something.

The Safe Standing debate has been a thing for years now, it’s not just been strung up all of a sudden. No one’s saying folk want it above improved disabled facilities. It’s the fact that the club just continually ignore the Rangers support and Stewart Robertson blatantly lying about the poll.

The Safe Standing debate has been a thing for years now, it’s not just been strung up all of a sudden. No one’s saying folk want it above improved disabled facilities. It’s the fact that the club just continually ignore the Rangers support and Stewart Robertson blatantly lying about the poll.
How do we know the results of the poll if they weren’t released. Is it just Twitter rumours or is there a credible source?

How do we know the results of the poll if they weren’t released. Is it just Twitter rumours or is there a credible source?
Union Bears knew the results of it as did others involved in it. Why didn’t they publish the results? UB had like 60+ RSCs back it as well with a massive list on top of that. You would think the Safe Standing was made of 18 Karat Gold.

If safe standing isn't a viable option for the board, then they need to just bite the bullet and put it to bed.

The uncertainty around it creates a breeding ground for those desperate for it. It needs shut down or it needs to be properly scoped.

As always it's poor communication that causes the issues. Same as it is with other areas like disabled access and customer service.
Was it not addressed quite recently?
The club don’t see it as a priority.

Last edited:
When running a business and trying to make it profitable in challenge times, would laying out costs to do such be near the top of your to do list when the biggest want for it comes from a section of the ground that stands for the duration of games anyway?

Union Bears knew the results of it as did others involved in it. Why didn’t they publish the results? UB had like 60+ RSCs back it as well with a massive list on top of that. You would think the Safe Standing was made of 18 Karat Gold.
Ok cheers. Guess it’s hard to tell if that is representative of the wider Ibrox support. Certainly would suggest it’s something that should be explored further but clearly not going to happen.

I have no idea how Bisgrove expects to effectively double our commercial income in one year. Sounds like an extremely difficult target to meet, and I doubt he’ll be able to.
Ahhhhh we were just starting to think positive and you have to go and spoil it. Thats us back to thinking negative before a balls kicked. :)

Going by SR comments I can't see safe standing happening under this board. He basically said that the club don't want the hassle of having to move season ticket holders who have had their seat for years.

I can't see the board even getting as far as asking folk to move seats, only way this will progress is if those looking for Safe Standing pick an area (say BF) and poll all the season ticket holders there then take their findings to the board.

Or the club could make the Govan Corner safe standing and look to move away fans.

Charlie Murray, Linwood - three years ago made same statement - disabled facilities are a disgrace for club of our status. Sight lines are terrible due to camber on pitch. Open to the elements. So bad some leave early or don’t take up seats if heavy rain anticipated. We want to boast Simply The Best facilities for the s disabled.

Robertson - discussed at board meeting yesterday - not good enough and will discuss with new disability officer.
Rhetorical question….Why does this old fella get really emotional every time he gets on the mic, I’m really unsure why he starts greeting every time I’ve heard him.

I reckon sorting out our finances and winning this title should be our main priorities, mate. Anything else is peripheral at this time.
That has to be the shittest excuse I’ve ever heard:))

Safe standing is a small side project. The board wouldn’t even be overseeing it. They’d give it the go ahead and it would be delegated.

I doubt Dougie Park and Robertson are going to abandon the day to day running off the business to bolt down safe standing barriers:))

Some of the excuses against safe standing are genuinely batshit crazy. But this one tops the lot.

Going by SR comments I can't see safe standing happening under this board. He basically said that the club don't want the hassle of having to move season ticket holders who have had their seat for years.

I can't see the board even getting as far as asking folk to move seats, only way this will progress is if those looking for Safe Standing pick an area (say BF) and poll all the season ticket holders there then take their findings to the board.

Or the club could make the Govan Corner safe standing and look to move away fans.

I'm 100 % in favour of safe standing. In fact, if it was feasible, I'd have the entire Govan Front as that specified zone. The team running out to face that bedlam of noise and support would be incredible.

I'm 100 % in favour of safe standing. In fact, if it was feasible, I'd have the entire Govan Front as that specified zone. The team running out to face that bedlam of noise and support would be incredible.
Im also in favour of Safe Standing, I'm also realistic.

That has to be the shittest excuse I’ve ever heard:))

Safe standing is a small side project. The board wouldn’t even be overseeing it. They’d give it the go ahead and it would be delegated.

I doubt Dougie Park and Robertson are going to abandon the day to day running off the business to bolt down safe standing barriers:))

Some of the excuses against safe standing are genuinely batshit crazy. But this one tops the lot.

Yeah, mate, safe standing comes before financial stability and winning the title which brings £ 30 million guaranteed.

Harry McEwan, Bridgeton Loyal - why do we ban Rangers fans for incidents in the city centre. Nothing happens for people attacked or breaking minutes silences.

Robertson - they were on their way to a Rangers game.
What an absolute roaster this Harry McEwan character….in fact he should get banned for his tirade and further subsequent heckling later on in the proceedings! He came across as someone who wants to be freely able to embarrass the club and ignore the principles of Everyone & Anyone as long as your not inside the ground! A dinosaur who plays into our enemies hands imho!!

Rotten Tomatoes and Eggs should be provided as a non lethal means to stone the numpties from the mics!!!

Regarding people leaving I’ve always seen that as an issue regarding transport infrastructure being terrible at Ibrox and people leaving early to get home early.

Buses are crap and get stuck in the traffic along with cars, subway is ok but could be far better.

If this was somehow made easier then I reckon people would stay longer.

I thought a very good AGM , the break off from the Main table to question Robertson / Wilson & Bisgrove worked really well

No harm to Douglas Park but he obviously doesn’t have the same public speaking skill as King so that all worked out better

Disappointing that no questions were made on the media strategy, ongoing issues with bbc, the charging of the 25k….

The anti vaxxer questioner up first, just goes to show we aren’t all the same, the type of questions you feel sorry for the directors having to deal with (not sure what the guy thinks rangers are (even if they wanted too) could do to change the law on certification for events!

As regarding the standing section debate , I remember the gentleman speaking a couple years ago at the AGM, that the disabled are still faced with same situation , definitely much more of a priority to address that than safe standing

With the board's newly acquired enthusiasm for Customer Service (calling us customers is telling I think) they should be asking their customers what changes they would like to improve the match day experience.
They probably won't because they don't want to hear the answers.
It's pretend customer service.

His feets just in the door so I'll give him time to make his mark early indications look like he's definitely an upgrade on the previous arrangements but that in itself isn't a ringing endorsement.

I guess time will tell, however I'm far more hopeful than I used to be.
It has been a head banging against the wall exercise but it now seems the can has been kicked as far as it will go.
Credit to everyone who has listed on this it seems Rangers will finally be acting upon it in the near future.

It has been a head banging against the wall exercise but it now seems the can has been kicked as far as it will go.
Credit to everyone who has listed on this it seems Rangers will finally be acting upon it in the near future.
@forlanssister has fought long and hard on the topic of disabled facilities over the years, both on here and with the Club IIRC. Hopefully, finally, he gets to see many of his concerns addressed.

Not read thread, been working all day. Just listening to the H&H daily update, did someone really ask about the everyone anyone campaign and being unvaccinated ffs.

What a rid neck that is

If the government make it a law, we have to follow that or we won’t have anyone in the ground.

How many people have you asked? Ibrox atmosphere is terrible and puttin all the people who want to create and atmosphere in one place is the only way to sort it
It's not something I ever hear spoken about except for on this forum.
I'm not overly fussed either way.
I thought there would have been more kick back when the idea was dismissed at the AGM today, that got me wondering how big the appetite there was in the larger support.
Just curious.

Once again confirmation that there is no requirement to sell players which will cause mass confusion and outrage among sections of the media. It was passed off as fact last night by Darryl Broadfoot and Tom English on the BBC that we will need to sell players in January and Broadfoot basically had Kent on his way.

Back