Match Thread ** Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday 11th - Sky Sports **

Was always my fear and not just this game that Murty doesn't have the attributes to fire these guys up! It looked like we were the ones playing with 10 men, disappointed but didn't want to be overly confident in the first place. We should have been able to put more pressure on probably the worst scum defence in a long time. Simply gutted.....

Out of all the times, I genuinely believed we had it today. When that first goal went in I thought that was it. Success, the 6 years of pain and suffering gone. But nope. Reality kicked right back in as we decayed throughout the game. Hey, at least I won't be sitting nerve wracking for a week before Hampden because I know what we're like now. Morelos' sitter (as per) is unforgivable.

Rightly so.

Big misses in the last OF game.

A piss poor effort when it looked harder to miss.

He deserves to take a hammering after that performance. Not good enough for a striker in a big game.
Morelos is pish, when are cunts going to wake the %^*& up? It's a diddy league, fat boydy is still banging them in, that says it all for me. Every fuckin week he misses chance after chance and Windass takes the derry. Wtf is it going to take for people to realise it isn't good enough. If I was Cummings I would be pissed right off that gets picked before me

Absolutely gutted

Difference is I shook my Celtic mates hands in the pub . Would it be the same the other way round? Doubt it

Lose with dignity and the head held high. 55 will come

Have a good day bears , keep smiling we have come a long way !

Commons saying intentional elbow, Boyd saying he was just getting his arm across to protect himself.

Why are so many of our ex players such fannys?

Not much in the way of positives to take from that. Okay, we should have been level at the end there but the ridiculous nature of the miss negates the argument we deserved a draw.
We'll need a three man midfield in the next game with Holt or (if he is fit) Dorrans in there ahead of Windass.

Here we go - the usual shower having a pop at Murty
Personally we should have took any money that was on offer for Morelos - never a big game player - missed 2 sitters against them today - that’s the difference between us and them.
Murty has transformed this team much better than any of the two clowns before him

I like Windass, Think he’s a good player. But why wasn’t he in Browns face? Don’t know if it was just poor play from him, or the managers instructions.

I thought we didn’t close down quick enough and as usual, the manager didn’t make the right subs.

Miller should have been on for the last ten or fifteen minutes.

F*ckn scunnered! Our players totally bottled it.
No presence in midfield and a week defence. Just proves that most of our player can’t step up in the big games. They couldn’t even take the advantage of them going one man down.
Absolute joke!!

Murty saying we were punished by not doing the basics right, passing etc

This was in the first half and we made a first change in 72 minutes, we need someone who can spot the errors and fix them, not someone who hopes something might change

Morelos is pish, when are cunts going to wake the %^*& up? It's a diddy league, fat boydy is still banging them in, that says it all for me. Every fuckin week he misses chance after chance and Windass takes the derry. Wtf is it going to take for people to realise it isn't good enough. If I was Cummings I would be pissed right off that gets picked before me
Pena looked more of a natural goal scorer than Morelos when you see some of his misses

I like Windass, Think he’s a good player. But why wasn’t he in Browns face? Don’t know if it was just poor play from him, or the managers instructions.

I thought we didn’t close down quick enough and as usual, the manager didn’t make the right subs.

clearly instructions. We wanted them to come out so we could hump it in behind and get their centre halves turned.

We blew it big style

That mob are pish, we played better against 11 men than 10! No cutting edge and we lack a leader in the team.

Cardoso should never play again for us, shambles
Yip.

And when the dust settles, the players know they are there for the taking!

Windass did hee-haw after his goal, headless chicken imo

And fully agree with your point on miller, him brought on for Alfredo we get a draw, simple as that

I know everybody is going on about the late miss but the one at 2-2 was the turning point. I know the defender got a touch on it but at this level it should have been in the pokey. They then go up the park and score, far more ruthless.
The changes should have been made as soon as they went down to 10, should've gone for their throat.

It was so frustrating watching nothing change. We have all those people on the bench and Murty didn't even utilise them. Derby games are about adapting to the current situation. That never happened today.

Murty saying we were punished by not doing the basics right, passing etc

This was in the first half and we made a first change in 72 minutes, we need someone who can spot the errors and fix them, not someone who hopes something might change
He sees the problem and does nothing to address it. He can't be in charge next season.

After he scored,Windass just disappeared for the rest of the game!

Why the fck are folk complaining about being at square one? Are we %^*&.

Today was down primarily to defensive blunders from a CB pairing we all know aren’t up to it. We led twice and gifted them goals from fck all to win it. That’s as close to winning one of these we’ve looked since the semi.

We showed real quality and lapses cost us. That’s not fcking square one. Lose the hysteria. lady's front bottom of a result but they were fcking rattled today. We’re getting there and this is the most confident I’ve been that they won’t win 10 in a row.

Absolute children on this thread. Embarrassing.

Can tell most have never played football.

If you ever thought we were winning that you are deluded. If your angry.

They had Sinclair , Roberts , Thumheed all missing. Then look at there bench.

Miles away. Spending money on wages = success.
We had Windass,Goss and Cardoso all missing and they were on the park.

Morelos has cost us this game he missed the one on one just before they scored and then the sitter in the 87th minute. It’s not as if either was a really difficult chance, he needs to be coached in terms of his composure in such big games.

Yes defensively we were unsurprisingly soft centred after we lost Bates, Alves hasn’t played much and Cardoso pretty much not at all over the past few months. Their big players played the big occasion much more competently than ours did and as much as Scot Brown is a cnut he is the glue and inspiration which holds that lot together, something it is patently obvious we lack.

This was a free shot at them as none of us expected to get close to the title this season. Murty must improve the timing and impact of his substitutions and tactical changes such as was required when they went down to Ten men.

Central defence is an area we must get right during the closed season, though I can’t help thinking that had we had McCrorie patrolling in front of our defence today Rogic nor Dembele would have been allowed the time and space to score. It’s a sore one, but with two quality central defenders and the identification and emergence of an on the park leader we’re going to be there or there abouts.

We shouldn't have lost the game but we learnt a few things.Cardoso needs hunting.He's no defensive awareness but I think we knew that.Murphy and Docherty are up to being Rangers players and at least now we have the basis of a team that can compete with them.

Gutted but I'm like that any time they beat us.
Agreed, we are getting there.
McCrorie and Jack will make a big difference to us.
Today hurt so much because we are getting closer and we can see that.
I think the management got it wrong today and hopefully they will set us up better for the next games.

Not good enough in the 2nd half.

The most obvious early switch was holt for windass as we really stuggled being outnumbered in midfield but can understand why murty left it as it was.

Ultimately we defended too poorly to win big games. The less said about Cardoso the better and Goss was very disappointing and sold that final goal.

Getting closer but not there yet.

He is not a Rangers player so that would be a bit daft and we would get an immediate 3 - 0 loss for fielding an ineligible player

You know the point I'm making.

Many on here slaughtered Wilson in the run up to, and aftermath of, his move to America. And then witness Cardoso's utterly terrible defending today.

It was a poor decision to be left with Cardoso as back up at centre half when we let a more reliable player go. Even keeping Wilson until the summer and letting him walk would have been a better option than Cardoso.

Today was down primarily to defensive blunders from a CB pairing we all know aren’t up to it. We led twice and gifted them goals from fck all to win it. That’s as close to winning one of these we’ve looked since the semi.

We showed real quality and lapses cost us. That’s not fcking square one. Lose the hysteria. lady's front bottom of a result but they were fcking rattled today. We’re getting there and this is the most confident I’ve been that they won’t win 10 in a row.

Did we get anything more out of the game?

Ok, am sick as fack as I though today was the day.
Everyone else has pointed out our short comings but we have a cup to win, for me Murphy had a decent game and John never gave up, after that it’s fairly mediocre to be honest so who stands a chance of being available for the cup match that wasn’t on display today? No Surrender!

A better chance in the short term we will never have. Confirmed Cardosa doesn't have it and Alves is finished on the ground - his headers powerful as they are are always straight to an opposition player. Oh to have a young McCrorie at the back in there with Bates. Maybe the future.

Because we got beat by 10 men. That's a scandal

No, we are still short real talent.
We need to add a structure and discipline to this team, its far too fluid and needs to be ruthless

Yeah we are short but look where we were at the start of the season. A decent cd to partner McCrorie and 2 mid to front players and I am happy. We got at them today and they didn't like it-we were let down by players who will not be here or should not be here (Portuguese boys and Goss)

Gutted but hopefully this galvanises the team moving forward and we f@#k them up in the semi

Back