Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 17th - RangersTV.tv **

The sound of thousands of FFers bookmarking a match thread howler

Couldn’t give a toss

On the face of it, it’s a bizarre decision dropping him because of missing two chances. Why have the defenders not been dropped for giving away 3 poor goals?

Goss could have the finger pointed at him for their 1st and 3rd last week yet he starts despite being anonymous last week

Windass was woeful last week too

Morelos IMO was our best player last week behind Candeias.

Cummings has shown every game he’s played that he can’t play upfront himself.

Both of them should have played together but then that’d require a formation change which our caretaker manager seems incapable of doing as last week proved when they went down to 10 men.

We should still have enough to win today but that decision is frustrating

Interesting selection up front.

Morelos brings much more physicality to the frontline but Cummings is no slouch in front of goal.

Will be interesting to see how it affects our overall play.

I can see why he might be resting Morelos.

Not promising.

It’s at Ibrox, where the players have struggled all season. It’s on the back of a game where the team had everything in their favour and still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I can see the pattern now: a slow start, quiet crowd waiting for someone to do something, then a few misplaced passes, another 683 missed sitters from Morelos and the crowd gets on the players backs causing them to fall apart and be overrun by that fat c*nt Boyd & his mates. Murty does nothing to change anything, except for a couple of subs too late in the day to affect the result. Same story we’ve seen too often this season.

I really hope I’m wrong and the players come roaring out of the traps and prove they’re better than they looked last week, but I don’t vote have faith in the majority of them to have the heart, desire, self-belief and ability to do so.

Rangers 1 Killie 2 :(

FFS Happiness unlimited. Some sweeping statements in there. Many of them gave a lot last week we are very close to them, the gap for me is off the pitch, if we have problems today it will be in that area.

But try to be a little cheerful. Life is for the living.

Hope Alfredo takes it as something to kick on from and not a kick in the stones which could knock confidence

Can’t understand the logic of dropping Morelos
If his confidence was low after last week it’ll be on the floor now
I agree a player usually gets dropped to give him a boot up the arse for motivation.Morelos gives his all,his finishing let's him down so it needs to be worked on.The thing is Cummings can't play up on his own and I have question marks about him and Morelos together,a bit of a problem.

Actually think this is sensible from Murty.

Cummings scored a hat trick the week before and Morelos missed chances in that game too. If it goes the same way today and the fans get on his back that will hammer his confidence as well.

Get him on about the 60-70 minute mark with us hopefully a couple in front and see if he gets on the score sheet with no pressure to lift his confidence.

Drops Morelos after a bad miss yet sticks with Windass? Other than the miss, Morelos rag dolled them.

If only Murty dropped players who under perform on a regular basis.
Totally agree, he disappeared after he scored.
Morelos never disappears he may miss chances but he keeps going and gives the team an out ball if they are under pressure.
I just hope that the manager has got it right for his sake.

Some hate Windass is getting, SPFL player of the month scoring goals. Someone mentioned Morelos getting dropped for missing a sitter, if thats the case he would have been dropped umpteen times this season:p Im no football manager but i think thats a decent side. Morelos coming off the bench if its not going well.

Couldn’t give a toss

On the face of it, it’s a bizarre decision dropping him because of missing two chances. Why have the defenders not been dropped for giving away 3 poor goals?

Goss could have the finger pointed at him for their 1st and 3rd last week yet he starts despite being anonymous last week

Windass was woeful last week too

Morelos IMO was our best player last week behind Candeias.

Cummings has shown every game he’s played that he can’t play upfront himself.

Both of them should have played together but then that’d require a formation change which our caretaker manager seems incapable of doing as last week proved when they went down to 10 men.

We should still have enough to win today but that decision is frustrating
Bang on the money.

Not convinced going 2 in the middle again. Was our obvious weak point last week, and Killie have a strong midfield.

Actually think this is sensible from Murty.

Cummings scored a hat trick the week before and Morelos missed chances in that game too. If it goes the same way today and the fans get on his back that will hammer his confidence as well.

Get him on about the 60-70 minute mark with us hopefully a couple in front and see if he gets on the score sheet with no pressure to lift his confidence.
Not the dreaded 60 minutes:eek::D

Some hate Windass is getting, SPFL player of the month scoring goals. Someone mentioned Morelos getting dropped for missing a sitter, if thats the case he would have been dropped umpteen times this season:p Im no football manager but i think thats a decent side. Morelos coming off the bench if its not going well.
It’s ridiculous . Outside our own fan base people are looking at Windass and thinking, what a great run of form he is on. It’s laughable to think we would consider dropping the player of the month. Thankfully the management team don’t take any notice.

I reckon Windass will score again and we will win 2-0, albeit probably a scrappy win as Killie are hard to look good against the way Clark has them set up.

If we dropped everybody FF wanted out the team Killie would be playing themselves. Hopefully a goal or two for Cummings and then the same from Alfredo when he comes on.

There is also some amount of hate towards Morelos. He has done far more good than bad but you kind of expect the abuse after a mistake in and old firm game. It happened to Forrester when he never passed.

The difference between Windass and Morelos for me is that Morelos never hides. Windass disappeared after 5 mins.

I would have played two up front.

For me benching Morelos was not the answer for today. Cummings deserved his start after how he played recently but I think Murphy should have been switched to where Windass is playing and Windass making the impact off the bench.

We need to go for the kill today as Kilmarnock are not mugs anymore and having our best Striker on the bench wont help the situation. He should have been starting as you would be getting more chances with 2 of them on the pitch than 1.

The flip side of “you can’t drop a player because he will loose confidence” is “what does the benched player have to do to start if he’s showing more in training than the guy missing chances?”

I’m pleased to see Cummings start. I like Morelos but the purpose of a squad is to swap in players for those not on their best form.

I’ve been impressed with Murty in recent weeks but that is an utterly bizarre decision and I really hope it doesn’t cost us, and Murty. Couple of missed chances yes but you don’t drop your best player, his work rate and link up play will be sorely missed.

No disrespect to any other player, but when I look at anyone not giving enough last week, Morelos is well down that list.
I am always glad to see Jason Cummings getting more match time, but if the team needed to be shook up a bit, then there is perhaps a more likely candidate for this before Alfredo.

So you would keep the same tactics for every game.
You are Mark Warburton aren’t you?

That is what I call lunacy.

What a shocking comeback.

Considering we’ve won 9 out of 11, scored 34 goals in the process and have the current player of the month, then yes I’d continue with the current tactics.

I would never, and I can’t emphasise this point enough, ever drop the current player of the month to try and nullify Kilmarnocks defensive midfielder in a game at Ibrox.

Morelos dropped is a disgrace

1. He played well last week

2. Cummings can’t play up top himself

Murty better not be here beyond the summer. Absolutely clueless.

How about starting both up top together
Yet he’s managing Rangers and you’re posting on a message board.

Attitude stinks? He was our second best player last week.

I like Cummings but there's no way on earth Morelos should've been dropped. Astonishing by Murty .

It's hardy "astonishing" - people just love to go over the top.

We have a little more depth to the squad in certain areas and this is an example of using it.

We are ultimately weaker with Morelos out the team but sometimes you've got to just send out a message. Competition for places is key to get the best out of each individual player. He's looking for a positive reaction out of Morelos when he inevitably brings him on.

I don't understand Murty. He's quoted in the press of saying he'll stick with Morelos - and then drops him? Bizarre

He said: “Alfredo was very down after the match, very low, but he must put it behind him and learn from it. It should light a fire under him.

“We have to get him in front of goal again and back on the horse to restore his confidence. The best way to get over it is to score a goal - and then another. Finish as the top scorer in the country and end the season on a high.

“He’s energised by that prospect and also also the thought of breaking into his national team. We have to use that as a positive to unleash him for the rest of the season. If we get that, it will be good for all of us.

“I could take him out for Kilmarnock, but you have to be respectful of players and their psyche. I’m not a big proponent of dumping someone after one mistake or a bad game. I’m a big proponent of supporting a player through whatever challenge they face.”

Make up your mind Graeme. I think he has proven that he's way out of his depth managing our club. I hope his plan doesn't backfire today. And I hope he hasn't punctured Morelos fragile confidence.

Latest posts

Back