Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 17th - RangersTV.tv **

Kilmarnock played us to a tee. We were hopeless today. No urgency at all. Tactics are irrelevant if no one gives a shit.

I actually feel sorry Murty, he wants the job but these players just let down a succession of managers.

Come on Murty has the tactical prowess of Paddington bear, he can not manage a team when they sit in. He is clueless.

Well that was shocking.

Outplayed, outfought and outsmarted.

Absolutely no reaction from the player after last weekend. A decent performance was the least the fans deserved. Couldn’t even produce that.

Can this be the end of the Murty discussion now?

Once again Murty can't get it right in midfield.

Really disappointed as there is a potentially decent team with the players we have.

2 players doesn’t make a midfield. It’s like the 1950s with this fucking 4 attacking players

There is nobody creating anything in the middle as there is nobody fecking there!!!

He made the subs but in essence changed nothing and that's his problem. He's just putting players in the same position and proving that he's not a manager. It's a shame but he's miles out his depth. Just goes to show just how bad the other two actually were that someone who still isn't a manager is outdoing them - that said, Murty is just poorly setting teams up. I'm not sure it'll matter what players he picks his tactics are all wrong and he can't change them.

I agree, in part. I'm not sure, though, the available personnel allows for a significant change. The cries for change seem to be for the sake of it at times.

If Murty is convinced by the importance of Windass then he should have kept him on today. Instead succumbing to outside pressures also indicates he's not ready for the job.

That was Docherty and a crowd of guys against Kilmarnock.
How come Killie could win 90% of all break and loose balls?
We were trotting around admiring their skill and speed.
Shameful display, Rangers.

Dominated in midfield every single game and Murty can’t see it, tells you all you need to know about his ability as a manager, he’s just not got it.

Things looked promising for Murty but the bad results are now outweighing any good signs. The good results appear to just be lucking out from the DoF's recruitment.

To think there is people out there wanting to give Murty the gig full time scares the f*cking life out of me.

I appreciate what he's done but he's not good enough to lead us to title success.

I know we have been in the doldrums but we should not ACCEPT a drop in standards because that's when mediocirty is accepted purely because how hard we have had it, some fans are desperate for Murty to get the job when our home form is abysmal.

I hope the board have a plan in place for the summer. Hopefully we secure 2nd but i have serious reservations again.

To those also turning their noses up at Clarke, he's by far and away the 2nd best manager in this league.

Don't be so sure.

Would you put it past the board to come out with some pish about progress "being made, long term project etc" and for him to still be in charge next season?

The Rangers board right now are not doing a good job.
How can the board stand behind Murty and ask the fans to buy season tickets? Graeme Murty doesn't sell season tickets. We need a manager. Kilmarnock have one - is it too much to ask for us to have one too?

We all knew two in midfield wouldnt work against Killie, but Murty knew best

It's as if he made the decisions he should have made last week today. Taking Goss off for Holt at half-time, bringing Windass off when he isn't performing and then, to top it off, bringing on Miller has to be a decision that nobody thought was a good idea.

It’ll be interesting to see if the clique want to come out and challenge me now. Just about everything I said would happen did happen.

Fucking pathetic. I’d love to have been proven wrong, but it was clear as fucking day. Sick of this pish to be perfectly honest.
You still wailing for Pena to be given a starting place every week I take it?:D

Murty simply doesn’t have what it takes - who do we go for from here? Do we bite the bullet and go for the sellick-minded Clarke or are there other less toxic options?

Points gifted without a whimper, basically. Well, simple formula to beat this team - flood out the middle to back and hit us with a sucker punch.

Murty does not and never will cut the mustard . Deserves a big bonus for a man in his position stepping up but it won’t ever be a. Oh enough step he can make.
At least his old man will be happy tonight.

Well that was depressing.
Nice guy Murty and a very good youth coach. Do you think he will go back to that position with us? Anyway he’s got till the end of the season to resurrect a small chance of being our permanent manager.

Absolute fucking shit and I’m not a serial moaner like some on here , Murty please go. It would have pleased me hugely if someone had finished that fucking wanker Broadfoots career but we made the tossser look like Maldini awful, awful, awful.

The board are clueless as Well, the shambles from hiring then firing Caixhina to the appointment of a youth coach with no managerial experience. Shambles top to bottom
Totally agree.......a shocking state of affairs from a club our size.

I agree, in part. I'm not sure, though, the available personnel allows for a significant change. The cries for change seem to be for the sake of it at times.

If Murty is convinced by the importance of Windass then he should have kept him on today. Instead succumbing to outside pressures also indicates he's not ready for the job.

Since the transfer window we have been bossed in midfield against decent teams. Not once has he thought to go with three in the middle even though our midfield 2 can't cope.

His resultant substitutions have never seen him try to strengthen that area. In fact, he has actually ceded more space to the opposition with the changes he's made.

He may go on to be a decent coach but he isn't (and hasn't) been the man for the job - coming after Pedro and a decent transfer window can't cover up his limitations.

You still wailing for Pena to be given a starting place every week I take it?:D

Murty simply doesn’t have what it takes - who do we go for from here? Do we bite the bullet and go for the sellick-minded Clarke or are there other less toxic options?

He could have been alright for us with a run of games. We’ll never know since he didn’t get the luxury of a shite season and half of starts like others did!

Clarke’s a tricky one because of his alleged allegiances. But one thing’s for sure, he is a far better coach than Murty will ever be, in fact his record with a shite Kilmarnock side is excellent.

If this board are actually going to move their arses and get us a manager there is no need to bring in another manager with no ideal of the game up here or has no record of winning anything as the same shit will continue.
The best manager in the league is at Kilmarnock and we could have got him months ago and you sat on your arses and did %^*& all.

We are supposed to renew season tickets soon, yet we lose every 2nd game at home.

Get us a proper fecking manager or season tickets are going to collapse this summer.

One defeat and this team looked broken that’s not great and I would seriously consider moving Murty on now because if today is an indication we will be fighting Hivs off for 3rd.

Something is starting to really stink about our home form, got a real wiff about it.

Also can the board now just admit they were wrong, get murty gone 2nite.

Fukin brutal.Boy Docherty looking like he was crying. Only one trying a fuckin leg.Pish
Only one trying a leg.

That today was up there with some of the worst I have seen in 32 years watching Rangers.

The manager and 10 other jokers on the park should be fucking ashamed. Kilmarnock played 120 minutes on Wednesday for %^*&.k sake and we player 30 mins v ten men last Sunday.

A total fuc.king joke.

The system the manager wants to play does not work against the better teams but he keeps persisting until we go behind then it is too late.

To have any chance in the Cup he needs to find. New system pronto and play it every week and ditch the 4-2-3-1 now

You just new when they went ahead today that the match was over for us due to the way they were playing

We lost to 10 men last week as well

The players need someone to organise them, and add some discipline. McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha and now Murty have all failed to do that

whose that mentalist...... bielsa? is he not out a job at the moment?

He done well last week out with the chances but they 2 misses particularly the 2nd cost us points (poor defending doesn't help either). Wanting him to have time on the bench is hardly being a hater.
I wasn't really talking about the fans who wanted him benched. Just the "Morelos is Shite", "Bring back Ryan Hardie" idiots.

Back