The atmosphere.

Thank goodness someone there had backed up the claims us “armchair fans” have stated. Support was not to its usual standard, did it have any affect on the result? we will never know! however what I do know is without our support we wouldn’t have reached this stage anyway! Fact!
No, I don't think it would have affected the result. We have a great support, but tonight at the game I think we all wanted to win the final so much, it affected the atmosphere a bit. Your right, our fans have made Ibrox a fortress on Euro nights.

No, I don't think it would have affected the result. We have a great support, but tonight at the game I think we all wanted to win the final so much, it affected the atmosphere a bit. Your right, our fans have made Ibrox a fortress on Euro nights.
Agreed think the result would have probably been the same given the occasion and small margins, Ibrox is an absolute fortress, i honestly think we could beat anyone on any stage at our stadium!

I said it at half time, watching it in the pub , we were far too quiet, no atmosphere at all, don’t think we sang one song all night…

Rangers fans tonight were shocking I don't care if anyone calls me whatever
You’re absolutely bang on, the rangers support last night were utterly pathetic and that’s what happens when 50% of a crowd is made up of sponsors/family/friends/club use etc

UB tried to get it going the full game but had absolutely no chance. European final and people standing about like mutes, crying because they can’t get to their exact seat and wanting people to sit down

Honestly scunnered me last night. Yeah there was nerves and then the water situation but we were diabolical compared to usual standards

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.

Wasn’t our true support it was people with money imo.

I spent a fortune to get here, I stood in 30 degree heat with no water or food, having had the Guarda Civil be their usual over zealous selves and frankly the team were flat from the start too

That’s after having spent a fortune this season to watch us at every home game, at 70% of the domestic aways, and at all bar 2 euro aways

They raise us and we raise them

All to get told by a bunch of folk who watched it on the TV that we were a disgrace

Go fuxk yourselves
Spot on mate

Frankfurt clearly arranged it so that their most vocal fans could attend and that they could sit together and it worked for them, their fans produced a lot of noise and it helped their team.

It is unbelievable that Rangers didn't do something similar. A big block behind the goal in the Rangers end should have been reserved for the Union Bears.
Would’ve made zero difference to 60% of our end. European final and people crying to get people to sit down and thousands in our end likely didn’t know the words to our tunes because they don’t regularly go to our games

If there was even 2000 more tickets that went to mygers instead of players getting like 10 tickets each, the atmosphere would’ve improved tenfold

Looked more like a family occasion, where as the Frankfurt section was 90% ultras
Fan cultures completely different, your normal run of the mill fan get involved with chants started by the ultras whether they consider themselves ultras or not

There’s a % of our fans that would go absolutely mental if there was 6/7 capos spread across the stand screaming songs at them and shouting at them to join in

Would’ve made zero difference to 60% of our end. European final and people crying to get people to sit down and thousands in our end likely didn’t know the words to our tunes because they don’t regularly go to our games

If there was even 2000 more tickets that went to mygers instead of players getting like 10 tickets each, the atmosphere would’ve improved tenfold
less worried about the players getting a big ticket allocation (they deserve it) as opposed to the huge quantities chucked at staff.

like everything non-football related at Rangers, amateur hour.

That's a disgrace then

Biggest game & we needed every fan in their feet getting behind the players

less worried about the players getting a big ticket allocation (they deserve it) as opposed to the huge quantities chucked at staff.

like everything non-football related at Rangers, amateur hour.
General point mate, when season ticket holders make up 50% of an allocation it’s going to have an impact on the atmosphere.

People predicted the atmosphere would be pish before the game and it came to fruition. Ive not felt nerves like that before so I can kind of understand to an extent

Have to agree, the fans had obviously been drinking all day and had nothing left.
Let’s be honest it’s the same story everytime we play in Spain

Folk all day drinking in square in the sun singing away & come night time , knackered / / no energy
(Granted the disgraceful facilities in that stadium and lack of water / soft drinks didn’t help the mood / loosen the singing voice! And then you add the high temperatures don’t favour our northern British usual climate!

The Germans mostly save it for the game itself and hats off to them they were fantastic , one of the best supports I’ve ever seen , great effort.

Fans there were a disgrace

That’s the type of atmosphere we would have at Ibrox without the union bears

Rank
Ridiculous thing to say about our fans.
Yes they were quiet but not a disgrace.
Some people need to think before they post shit like this

And there in lies the problem. Frankfurt gave most of their allocation to the ultras. Rangers got the people who could afford £1K plus tickets who probably have been to Ibrox once or twice

You heard the comparison in the stadium - our “fans” were hardly heard
What do you mean by ultras?..Younger fans??.
I seen lots of older Frankfurt fans there and wouldn't say they were ultras

Support last night compared to Lyon / Braga / Leipzig was astronomically different. Far too many day trippers and one off euro away fans that didn't contribute anything.

I kept screaming at those around to "f**king wake up".

The 'that's my seat' brigade got some allocation as well, obv never done a euro away before.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Bit hard to shout and sing when you can’t even get a bottle of water 2 hours before kick off.

The Cartuja stadium screening looked bouncing last night, as well as the nightclub screening. The whole nerves and heat excuses is pish, the Frankfurt fans managed.

The people in the stadium will tell you differently, going hours without water in that heat would drain the life out of you.

I just thought the whole occasion caught us a bit cold at the start. That stadium is a proverbial pressure cooker, made even more intense by 10,000 Frankfurt fans boo'ing every touch and screaming their lungs out. Their players and the crowd were feeding off each other right from the off whereas we didn't really get going until around 30 minutes in. In fact, I thought we were rank until then.

Watching on TV we were saying it sounded like all Frankfurt and our support were quiet. I put it down to everyone being overwhelmed with nerves, but would have loved to have heard and seen a bit more.

That said, we were sitting watching it in similar nervous tension and not competing with the conditions some have reported.

All in all just a night that nothing quite went as we hoped.

Frankfurt made a lot of noise - but its mostly 'chants' which to give then credit are well synchronised - but its only a handful of songs. But it looked and sounded like they were en masse.
As usual, we have a mulitude of songs - some that people choose not to join in.

Make no mistake it was thoroughly uncomfortable without water .

For many (not all) i guess a good 6 hours or so on booze before the game takes its toll. You dont get many who go for that sort of marathon before a 7.45 or 3pm kick off.

If we had the normal crowd who attended a normal away games we would have won.

Instead the rich part time fans bought up the tickets and sat there in silence.

What utter bollocks. Ok atmosphere not the best but I was there with friends and family that go everywhere! To suggest that we’d have won if the ‘regular’ away support is absolute cock!!!

Have to agree, the fans had obviously been drinking all day and had nothing left.
Did that include the ones that don't drink and were driving for nearly three hours there and three back, and had walked to the stadium in over 100 degree heat to find that the stadium had no drinking options other than water from the fucking sinks in the toilets, then even that was switched off?

The Frankfurt fans were organised. They had guys down the front of them with megaphones coordinating their chants, that they're obviously well drilled in. They were very loud and constant, but the Rangers fans gave it plenty as well.

I just thought the whole occasion caught us a bit cold at the start. That stadium is a proverbial pressure cooker, made even more intense by 10,000 Frankfurt fans boo'ing every touch and screaming their lungs out. Their players and the crowd were feeding off each other right from the off whereas we didn't really get going until around 30 minutes in. In fact, I thought we were rank until then.

I thought we were poor until their equaliser.

From everything I read on social media, fans made every effort to get tickets, the vast majority did not because of the way UEFA and the club handled it. Frankfurt took a call to give their allocation to the hardcore and it paid off. They were all decked in white, had a tifo and were extremely organised. We looked like those tourists you see at EPL games. But the club made a call, the fans couldn't get the enthusiasm going and the players sort of froze. We had a hit and we didn't take it.

Hampden will be loud because our core will show the players they had our support.

I know one on social media and hes been to one or 2 big games all season and he was their last night.
Was saying this last night.

We’ll create a much better atmosphere at Hampden because 20k goes to MyGers and is based on loyalty. Those that go everywhere will be driving the support. UB front and centre in the West Stand.

It’s actually a sad state of affairs that our fans will be more up for a Scottish Cup final than a once in a lifetime European final.

I spent a fortune to get here, I stood in 30 degree heat with no water or food, having had the Guarda Civil be their usual over zealous selves and frankly the team were flat from the start too

That’s after having spent a fortune this season to watch us at every home game, at 70% of the domestic aways, and at all bar 2 euro aways

They raise us and we raise them

All to get told by a bunch of folk who watched it on the TV that we were a disgrace

Go fuxk yourselves
I don't think anyone is having a go at the bears lucky enough to have got tickets mate, they are recognising that too many of the Rangers tickets seemed to have gone to friends and family which would have certainly diluted the atmosphere. That would be my only complaint, Frankfurt seem to have taken care of their more vocal element and it showed.

We as a support expect every single player to leave everything out on the pitch, so why do we feel as fans we shouldn’t be doing the same in the stands?

If you’re not coming away from last night absolutely gubbed with a sore throat then what did you do to get behind the team in a European final? Imo, not enough.

I don’t buy the whole ‘it was too hot’, ‘we were nervous’, ‘there was too many armchair fans’ arguments. Fact of the matter is Frankfurt gave everything and at times we’re very impressive and had all they factors to contend with too.

In a European run where our atmosphere has been widely praised and respected around the continent, we simply didn’t turn up last night to back the players the way we should have done and the way we have done in previous rounds to get us over the line.

“Ibrox expects that every man will do his duty” - that doesn’t just go for the players.

No Surrender.

That’s what happens when you let “fans” who can afford £1500 for a ticket but haven’t been to Ibrox all season into the game
This is bollocks. I paid good money for a ticket but was singing my heart out in F11 to no avail. Of course if ST holders had first dibs I would have of course missed out (gave it up as no longer viable to travel up from London every second week), but not everyone who isn't a ST holder a prawn sandwich eater.

Let’s be honest it’s the same story everytime we play in Spain

Folk all day drinking in square in the sun singing away & come night time , knackered / / no energy
(Granted the disgraceful facilities in that stadium and lack of water / soft drinks didn’t help the mood / loosen the singing voice! And then you add the high temperatures don’t favour our northern British usual climate!

The Germans mostly save it for the game itself and hats off to them they were fantastic , one of the best supports I’ve ever seen , great effort.
This tbh, if you weren’t there don’t comment on the atmosphere, the stadium is honestly one of the worst I’ve been in never mind it hosting a European final. It was an absolute disgrace.

I have no issue with the fans who were there, you pay for your ticket it’s up to you whether you sing or not.

Personally I’d rather our allocation was prioritised to those groups who build the atmosphere at Ibrox such as the UBs but no easy answers when you’ve got 150k chasing less than 10k tickets

I fly up from London for our home games and have 2 season tickets. I spent 12 hours travelling to Seville yesterday by car, plane and train. I spent over a grand on a ticket, I was surrounded by Germans in the neutral area next to their fans, it was 40 fucking degrees, they took suncream from me, the section I was in had no water….

And I’m being called a disgrace by people who watched it in their fucking house? :))

Back