The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the vast majority on here, and I mean vast, rightly wanted McLaughlin to be given the chance as number 1.

But hey ho, we've had a bad result so the Hindsight knicker wetting brigade are out in force until Saturday.

Is the boy kieron Wright not supposed to be the best gk we've had come up thriugh the system since Mcgregor? If we aren't planing on signing a gk then I'd be more than happy to give him a run in the team because he can't really be any worse than we have atm.

I also think lowry and Mccann can help with midfield problem. Lowry looks brilliant at finding the right passes and through balls and Mccann is great at driving forward on the counter and can fair strike a ball 1.

The kind of thinking you only read on a fans message-board.

We’ve got 27 days left to sort this out.

We need to trust that GVB has eyes and Ross Wilson they can’t be mugs they see what we see there’s money there if needed go out and get a GK and a CAM and go into overdrive to move on guys like Katic, Simpson, Kelly, Helander and suchlike.

Nope, the vast majority on here, and I mean vast, rightly wanted McLaughlin to be given the chance as number 1.

But hey ho, we've had a bad result so the Hindsight knicker wetting brigade are out in force until Saturday.
You must have missed tons of posts as plenty said we need a new number 1.

If JM wasn't good enough last season to beat out a fast regressing AM he certainly won't be good enough this season..

It is an absolute priority to get a new keeper.

JM fine as a number 2.

If JM wasn't good enough last season to beat out a fast regressing AM he certainly won't be good enough this season..

JM fine as a number 2.
Correct.

Why do we need to sell a player to buy one is my point? We must still have funds sitting . We’ve made £20 million net profit this window from transfers
And spent £10m
That’s our model isn’t it, reinvest 50% back and hope to improve quantity and quality

JM fine as a number 2.

Hmmmmmmmm maybe I did miss all those posts, I assume this was because there was so few. Granted I don't spend a lot of time on here but don't believe for a second the general consensus was we needed a new Number 1.

As I said, we had a bad result so its hindsight city in here this week.

Jesus, that just make me feel sorry for you man going looking for 4 whole threads over the summer

B-)

To be fair you've just proven my point, a quick read through those threads and its clear the vast majority wanted McLaughlin as our new number 1 going into this season, if not earlier.

Some man.

Hmmmmmmmm maybe I did miss all those posts, I assume this was because there was so few. Granted I don't spend a lot of time on here but don't believe for a second the general consensus was we needed a new Number 1.

As I said, we had a bad result so its hindsight city in here this week.
It was not the general consensus as you say as many backed JM to be number 1.

Wrongly IMO.

When AM signed a new deal it gave a heavy hint we would not buy a new keeper and the 2 of them would battle it out to be number 1.

There were several threads at the time with some expressing concern and some backing the move.

Tuesday night SHOULD have had nothing to do with it.

In-demand Saint-Etienne winger Denis Bouanga has been "approached" by Rangers, according to a report in France. The 27-year-old Gabon international is set to leave the French club following their relegation to Ligue 2.

Among clubs named as interested parties are Los Angeles, Anderlecht, Club Brugge and - according to Le 10 Sport - Rangers. The report states no agreement has been reached with any club, but that MLS outfit LAFC - who signed Gareth Bale earlier in the window - have tabled the highest offer at around €3.5million.

Sorry just saw its already been posted

There were several threads at the time with some expressing concern and some backing the move.

Exactly my point, 'some' may have been saying we need a new number 1. People on here this week are acting like they've been falling over themselves demanding a new Number 1 all summer.

Its all just their usual mental overreactions to 1 game though. Standard on here.

Why do we need to sell a player to buy one is my point? We must still have funds sitting . We’ve made £20 million net profit this window from transfers
It’s a fair point. There was talk that Gio would have a budget of around £8m to spend this summer regardless of selling anyone.

We’ve since brought in around £26-27m from sales with a further £5-6m set to follow so you could look at it that we’ve really only spent an additional £2m or so above the projected budget despite that relatively massive revenue windfall.

If we fail to qualify for the CL therefore because the board decided against adding greater quality until it was guaranteed, that’s going to be on them, IMO.

We’ve got 27 days left to sort this out.

We need to trust that GVB has eyes and Ross Wilson they can’t be mugs they see what we see there’s money there if needed go out and get a GK and a CAM and go into overdrive to move on guys like Katic, Simpson, Kelly, Helander and suchlike.

I don't believe we can say that this window so far has been anything other than a success. A poor performance in the USG game can't be what we base our judgements on.

We may be looking for a keeper, but I suspect if we were moves would have been made already. I fully believe Gio when he said no more incomings except to replace outgoing players.

He's got a very strong squad there.

I don't believe we can say that this window so far has been anything other than a success. A poor performance in the USG game can't be what we base our judgements on.
You can't make a judgement on it in any way at all because it's not over and we need to see how the signings turn out.

You can't make a judgement on it in any way at all because it's not over and we need to see how the signings turn out.

Yeah, that's fair - I guess I was meaning as it stands so far. We should be done unless anyone of significance is sold or an absolute top player we've had an eye on suddenly becomes available.

And if so, I think we can say we've done about as well as we could have expected.

When you look at that mob across the city and we need to as they are the main rivals for the title they have two wingers and two main strikers who scored 46 league goals between them.

I'm not bashing Colak but I just don't think he's scoring 15 goals in the league this season, Roofe is mostly injured and Morelos scored 11 in the league last season. We badly need more goals from our wide players and strikers. If we can get two players in a GK and secondary striker would be my choice.
Unfortunately they have midfielders that get ahead of the ball. Barring Arfield, we haven’t got anyone.

We desperately need a more attacking midfield.

It’s a fluid situation surely? As the team plays you see where the weaknesses are and address them.

It’s blatantly obvious the GK situation has been handled terribly.

It’s a fluid situation surely? As the team plays you see where the weaknesses are and address them.

It’s blatantly obvious the GK situation has been handled terribly.

While I agree for the most part, surely the situation is not as fluid as a game by game basis, which we appear to being seeing just now? If we get to early September and McGlaughlin's performances have been, over that period, suspect, then I agree it becomes an issue. However, we can't be deeming players as inadequate or surplus to requirements after 2 games of the season. As per the previous poster, all of 3 weeks ago most posters were frothing at the mouth at the thought of McGregor starting the season and clambering for JM to be given the chance. McGlaughlin has not become a bad keeper since kick off at Livi. Christ, it could be argued that he's the sole reason we're still in with a chance of progressing next Tuesday, even if it's a slim one.

This attitude feeds into the wider issue within our support that the poster was alluding to; the vast majority of the time we jump in head first, usually after a defeat, with clouded judgement and deem players as not good enough or whatever, purely to satisfy our own feelings of anger.

Nobody was suggesting that a new GK was an absolute requirement before Saturday. And I can't see any reason why JM has given anyone a reason to change their minds on that since.

It’s a fair point. There was talk that Gio would have a budget of around £8m to spend this summer regardless of selling anyone.

We’ve since brought in around £26-27m from sales with a further £5-6m set to follow so you could look at it that we’ve really only spent an additional £2m or so above the projected budget despite that relatively massive revenue windfall.

If we fail to qualify for the CL therefore because the board decided against adding greater quality until it was guaranteed, that’s going to be on them, IMO.
People really need to stop with this ridiculous over simplifying of our finances.

We have been running at a loss from the entire period since 2012.

55 happened because the current investors bought shares were they could, put in loans when needed, front loaded transfer budgets, so that all the black holes in our finances could be plugged & patched up.

That's not to mention the legal battles that have been going on over that time, the investments outwith the 1st team on various things.

Yes last season we were on track to break even, & I fully expect we did.

But that doesn't magically make all those liabilities go away.

It's as if people have this sort of warped view that the shareholders are stashing away millions.

And it's fckn bizarre.

People really need to stop with this ridiculous over simplifying of our finances.

We have been running at a loss from the entire period since 2012.

55 happened because the current investors bought shares were they could, put in loans when needed, front loaded transfer budgets, so that all the black holes in our finances could be plugged & patched up.

That's not to mention the legal battles that have been going on over that time, the investments outwith the 1st team on various things.

Yes last season we were on track to break even, & I fully expect we did.

But that doesn't magically make all those liabilities go away.

It's as if people have this sort of warped view that the shareholders are stashing away millions.

And it's fckn bizarre.
You won’t really get an argument from me on the club’s finances and a lot of fans’ general lack of reality surrounding them, however, where the CL is concerned - with £30m to be gleaned from qualifying - I do feel we may need to take a gamble to get there.

I also wonder why we appeared comfortable spending £5m+ on Fulgini only to then seemingly withdraw that money and pick up a loan signing instead.

Because people question certain aspects of our business behaviour doesn’t automatically mean their heads are in the clouds.

You won’t really get an argument from me on the club’s finances and a lot of fans’ general lack of reality surrounding them, however, where the CL is concerned - with £30m to be gleaned from qualifying - I do feel we may need to take a gamble to get there.

I also wonder why we appeared comfortable spending £5m+ on Fulgini only to then seemingly withdraw that money and pick up a loan signing instead.

Because people question certain aspects of our business behaviour doesn’t automatically mean heads are in the clouds.

I wonder if that was influenced by the availability of Yilmaz - when the links to him first broke it was suggested we had been in talks with Besiktas for 10 days already.

Maybe we felt the money was better spent on him.

Just speculating more than anything, no guarantees Fulgini was ever a realistic option.

Jesus, that just make me feel sorry for you man going looking for 4 whole threads over the summer

B-)

To be fair you've just proven my point, a quick read through those threads and its clear the vast majority wanted McLaughlin as our new number 1 going into this season, if not earlier.

Some man.

Probably took about 1 minute to find the threads. Google whatever you want followed by follow follow forum and the threads come up.

For example; Rangers sign Matondo.

Because people question certain aspects of our business behaviour doesn’t automatically mean their heads are in the clouds.
It wasn't a dig at you mate.

I personally would be raging if any sort of gamble is taken with finances after nearly loosing our club, but each to their own, & not suggesting your saying spend every last penny & borrow the rest.

More just sick & tired of the 'but we got x amount & we've only spent y amount' posts that just completely ignore reality.

We may be looking for a keeper, but I suspect if we were moves would have been made already. I fully believe Gio when he said no more incomings except to replace outgoing players.

He's got a very strong squad there.
Success for Rangers is qualifying for group stages of the champs league or qualifying from group stages of Europa league! It’s not measured in transfer windows imho!!! If we fail to beat USG this is a huge failure on our behalf, make no mistake of that and there is no point trying to butter it up imho!!

Our recruitment has been generally poor last couple of years. I think we could struggle in the league this season.

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. The vast majority of people wanted him number 1 ahead of McGregor. I’m sure given the choice though the vast majority would have preferred a new number 1 bought.

McGregor being left out so much indicates he shouldn't have been given a new deal. McLaughlin is never a number one for Rangers, so we should have made getting a new goalkeeper a top priority. I can remember the notion of this being The priority being viewed as quite ridiculous, but it's not seen as much as that now probably.

I wonder if that was influenced by the availability of Yilmaz - when the links to him first broke it was suggested we had been in talks with Besiktas for 10 days already.

Maybe we felt the money was better spent on him.

Just speculating more than anything, no guarantees Fulgini was ever a realistic option.
Fulgini sounded like a goer from what I could tell, but you may be right about redistributing the money to other areas of the team when it fell through.

Twelve months ago we bemoaned the lack of quality additions when tumbling out of the CL against Malmo. It would be terrible to find ourselves complaining about the same again.

Far too bi polar and quick to jump in studs showing yes Tuesday was a stinker of a result but its hardly a trend yet let's see how we look after the transfer window when we have our full squad settled
It's always been like as far as back as I can remember, whether from fans or even the media; it goes without saying that the will to win being what it is, there's pressure when you play for this club. Any player just arrived who deals with it will go on to make a name for themselves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back