Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports **

Three wins and a draw against the sheep and we are still behind them in the table, that shows how we have fallen down in games against the weaker teams in the league

No complaints about the effort in the second half, our passing middle to front just wasn’t sharp enough. Thought Aberdeen would offer more, hell, even Russell Martin strolled it. Hivs will give us a much more torrid time of it.

If you were taking over as manager next year. Realistically how many would you want to keep based on that. For professional footballers we take a hell of alot of wrong options.
First signing next year should be a proper captain,preferably at centre half.

Game was there for the taking.

Morelos finishing is honking.

Tav’s deliveries are honking.

A bit more quality in the final 3rd and we’d have won comfortably.
Totally agree. Ross McCrorie run and battled his heart out. Both halves. Horrible decision (yet another honest ducking mistake)for the pen took us too long to get focused again.

Composure in front of goal and we win by a couple tonight.

Par for the course on here for people to blame the referee for something that’s just as much to do with us dropping points against the Scum, Hibs, Killie, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dundee than it is to do with the fact that the standard of refereeing is garbage across the board in Scotland.

It was never a penalty but let’s not kid ourselves, and act like tims, that McLean’s decision has cost us Europe and all the rest of it. We’ve done it to ourselves, nobody else to blame.

Last edited:
i think tonight we have seen the proverbial season in one night

shocking
reckless
pathetic
inconsistent

and thats just the ref.

we just seem to go missing for large parts of games and lose our heads. at times tonight we were great, committed, strong, full of energy at others we couldnt make a 2 yard pass.

the conspiracy theorist in me says celtc will lay down on sunday to make sure aberdeen win, hearts will be shite tomorrow and we will draw on sunday.

or it could be a carlsberg sunday. who the %^*& knows with this team!

He’s gone off the boil but he's no Sebo. He has been very up and down this season but he works hard and the goal came from his efforts in beating the man and getting the shot in which resulted in Crorie’s header.

If he is still here next season, with better training and in a better side, I think he will improve. He is still only young.
He will have a rest, a pre season and come back sharper and fitter.

I am not defending our performances in any way.....but, for as long as we as a club accept that double standard refereeing, we have not got a hope of getting back to the top.

We continually get fouls against us for sod all.
We are booted off the park week in week out - with little punishent.
We have players booked for next to nothing.

How many players, like Dorrans tonight, have we had booked or sent off this season when WE have been awarded a foul??????

Players end up scared to put a challenge in - and then are accused of being cowards by their own support.

Bar from when they got the pen until half time we lost it and maybe not rightly bur you can understand. We had just been done by an awful decision by a cheat... We totally dominated the second half. To say our players were shite and cowards in that second half is just pure bullshit.

we can't even take a throw in

Bar from when they got the pen until half time we lost it and maybe not rightly bur you can understand. We had just been done by an awful decision by a cheat... We totally dominated the second half. To say our players were shite and cowards in that second half is just pure bullshit.
Aye but that’s the party line on here no matter how we play. It’s to easy for many on here to claim Aberdeen are dreadful when in reality they aren’t. They are well organised and our second half performance showed a lot of character and it’s just a shame we couldn’t get another goal.

I just seen their penalty there and morelos got the ball, and mcleans interview to interperate the penalty.....He's a fuukin lying bastard.

Disappear off to Norwich ya fuuk.

Kenny McLean: “I definitely got the ball, typical strikers challenge”

Bwaaahahhaaha. F.uck off to mediocrity in Norfolk ya throbber.

Although we maybe should have signed him, given that he can commit as many fouls as he likes and not get booked

I can hold my hands up to that.......sometimes frustration boils over and heat of the moment etc.
55 and you'd think I would know better
Mate I’ve been ok but lately watching that lot makes my blood boil, that blue jersey of ours is sacred to us and most of that lot are treating it with disrespect in my book

Thought we battled away and played well in the second half. Games at Pittodrie are always different and this more so with whats at stake. But for a shocking decision by the ref we win

He didn’t really though did he? His performance was very good. Just needs a rest over the summer and get his confidence in front of goal back.

This needs a rest pïsh has to stop! He was injured for 3-4 weeks, had a break in Florida in the winter for two weeks, and been “rested” for the odd game or two and suspended.

I wish I was that tired.

Stop making excuses for him, he’s not doing his job - which is putting the ball in the net. He misses a glorious chance (borderline sitters) every other game.

I just seen their penalty there and morelos got the ball, and mcleans interview to interperate the penalty.....He's a fuukin lying bastard.

Disappear off to Norwich ya fuuk.
Yup, he knows perfectly well that Morelos, not he, touched the ball.

We finished well on top, but I don't kid myself, hopefully we watched a team that will be quickly forgotten when next season kicks off. Regardless, WATP and its on to Fester Road.

Back