Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

KYLE LAFFERTY is edging closer to a return to Rangers — as they knocked back a Bordeaux bid for Alfredo Morelos.

SunSport can reveal further talks between Hearts and Gers have taken place, with the 30-year-old Northern Ireland cap hopeful a deal can be struck in the next 48 hours.

The Jambos rejected Gers’ initial £200,000 bid, but with Craig Levein keen to take Lee Wallace back to Tynecastle they haven’t walked away from the negotiating table.

Rangers are prepared to offer outcast Wallace as a makeweight in the deal, with further talks planned for Thursday as Steven Gerrard chases his 11th summer signing.

However the Ibrox boss doesn’t want to lose striker Morelos.

And Gers rejected a £3.75million offer from French Ligue One side Bordeaux after turning down bigger bids from China for the Colombian last season.

Gerrard leads his side into a Europa League third-round qualifier against Maribor with a 3-1 first-leg lead.

And he has vowed he won’t park the bus.

Gerrard said: “We’ve got ambitions of playing in the Europa League.

“We can’t be coming to every away venue and saying ‘Now it’s time to defend for 90 minutes’. We come here to win.

“I’ll be selecting players who can get that all-important goal.

“That’s what big players do. They come to difficult places and get goals in games like this. That’s not to say we will go crazy, go gung-ho and take all kinds of unnecessary risks.

“Our plan will involve trying to defend with a good, strong performance, but carrying a threat as well.”

If Gers qualify they will face a play-off against either old foes Progres Niederkorn or Russian side Ufa.

Gerrard has a dilemma at left-back, with Jon Flanagan suspended and Borna Barisic cup-tied.

Lee Hodson and Andy Halliday both travelled, with the latter set to play.
It's all your fault op. You started this.

What a farce this had been, and all for Lafferty?

We've walked away from other deals this summer for less nonsense than this. For me personally now I'm not keen on Lafferty but ... For this deal to come to a conclusion it's now or never and Lafferty now needs to show balls and thrown in a transfer request. We need another decent striker in immediately an injury to Morelos and we are fucked.

All this time and effort has been wasted when we could have pursued alternative options with more quality.

If Lafferty misses the EL qualifier we should tell Hearts we are withdrawing our bids

Leave them with an unhappy and pissed off player

We really need to stop pissing about with Scottish teams

Make one or two offers. If this is not acceptable then walk away for another target

Hearts appear to be the worst to deal with. After Walker saga let’s do them over and take Lafferty on a free in Jan and make them realise they have phucked up

Remember they took £300k for Walker after we offered more. C.unts

We've walked away from other deals this summer for less nonsense than this. For me personally now I'm not keen on Lafferty but ... For this deal to come to a conclusion it's now or never and Lafferty now needs to show balls and thrown in a transfer request. We need another decent striker in immediately an injury to Morelos and we are fucked.

All this time and effort has been wasted when we could have pursued alternative options with more quality.

I agree with you CR. I also think it’s a different type of forward we could be doing with.

2vtxz07.gif[

What actually are they discussing. Unless Hearts have upped the price from £750k just give them the cash as he’s worth that imo.

What actually are they discussing. Unless Hearts have upped the price from £750k just give them the cash as he’s worth that imo.

Clearly the people at Rangers don't think so. Easy to give away cash when it isn't yours.

If they aren't going to play ball at the price we think he's worth then move on FFS - it's Kyle Lafferty we're talking about here, not bloody Messi (or Ronaldo).

The way Stevie G has been talking about wanting players in and strengthening the thin bare squad I hope the board don’t let him down.

Slightly concerned by this myself. The Lafferty saga baffles me, we must have a valuation and we must know what Hearts want, deal or no deal. Can't for the life of me understand how the negotiations could become so protracted.

Hearts will be acting like fannies.

Demanding it all upfront, shifting the goalposts at the last minute, etc and just generally be cunts.

Any time we try to buy a player from another Scottish club it's the same song and dance.

Should close the thread until any update is available, or at the least change the title, seems a bit premature given the apparent lack of progress

Ah Hearts have to take him or no deal? I don’t see why that can’t be dealt with as a separate issue as it’s unlikely Hearts could afford Wallace’s wages and a transfer fee.

Whatever it is that's holding it up it must be quite significant because this is taking an inordinate amount of time to tie up a deal.

Are Hertz at it? Are we at it? Surely we have a valuation and if the Gorgie Gimps want more, can't we just move on?

I wouldn't mind him back but I honestly wouldn't give them the sweat from my niagaras if it could be helped. Regardless of the Russian that ran them at the time, I didn't hear anyone from the 'castle standing up for us in our hour of need.

Technically some of it is my cash considering the money i put into the club. :D

That probably pays for the groundsman at The Hummel Training Centre to cut a single blade of grass LOL.;):D

Only kidding mate, truth is I agree Lafferty represents good value at the right price. I don't agree we should sign him at anything approaching £750k upwards though - not a chance.

I think in all honesty we have 3/4 players who we are looking at and in negotiations with.

Not Ross McCormack BTW

But my source ( mate ) claims we have a few options for the attacking positions and are genuinely in negotiations with 4/5 clubs regarding 3 players

Don’t know who they are other than Hearts and Lafferty obviously!

I think we will
Sign 2

Hearts should be told, agree our last offer tonight or GTF
Fucking sick of these prick Scottish no mark teams dragging their heels - fukc them
I don't know why we are dragging our heels mate. He's a good player but he's not that good. 600k tops. Don't forget, there was hardly a queue of clubs lining up to take him off Norwich's hands.

I think in all honesty we have 3/4 players who we are looking at and in negotiations with.

Not Ross McCormack BTW

But my source ( mate ) claims we have a few options for the attacking positions and are genuinely in negotiations with 4/5 clubs regarding 3 players

I think we will
Sign 2
Kaiserweiss, let's hope the story about Ross McCormack is just his agent feeding a line to journalists to try to drum up some interest in his client.

If we sign him in any capacity it would be a genuine headscratcher.

Not Ross McCormack BTW

I think we will
Sign 2
How can we be in discussions with 4/5 clubs regarding 3 players?

Surely this needs to be done tonight or early tomorrow to give Lafferty a chance to at least get one training session in before the Ufa game.

Seems highly unlikely he will be involved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back