Rangers transfer deadline day thread

Disappointed-Gordon-Ramsay.gif

Someone of that age needs to be playing semi-regularly to maintain fitness/sharpness.

If we were to bring him in, it would be as 4th choice CB and he’d hardly ever play.

This is a non starter imo

I wouldn’t be happy with this signing at all... smells of the old regime.

Hopefully it’s what it smells like just ‘shite’

Caulker was on loan at Liverpool in 2016, so there is a connection with Stevie G.

As a 4th choice centre back, we could do a lot worse...…. Remember that only 6 months ago Russell Martin was our 1st choice centre back. :eek:

Some obscure croatian striker who rocks a youtube video and will score a shitload od goals on the way to 55

Even thou doc has pretty much told us it’s McAuley I still can’t stop checking FF, sky sports and Twitter!
I swear deadline day is like a drug.

In terms Solanke, has FF ever before went so crazy over a player we’ve not once shown any sign of actually being linked to or wanting to sign??:D

Well that's that bubble burst, if MacAuley definitely not worth the wait. Glitz of deadline day well tarnished at the end . Still, happy with the other signings.

Out of curiosity @DocStone (and I’m not having a go here bud as I like the entertainment of a rumour thread) but why was Mcauley to be kept so hush hush if it was widely reported in the media already today.

I'm not saying it is McCauley, but I was not told by my source to let any names out. I asked about Davis and Solanke and was told no, which I was allowed to post on the board (they were targets by the way, just things never worked out for various reasons) but was told about a player we were after but he was unsure about the terms and how much play time he would get.

One of my very first posts in this thread said this, and said I could not say any more, which was ignored, so I played along. At no time did I claim it was a superstar signing, a seat filler, or even a dud. I just played along with the theme of the thread and even asked if I should stop joking about, to which everyone said no.

I value my source more than anything, it is incredibly high level and it has never been wrong, ever. I can drop hints, I can like posts, but if my source says I can't confirm something then I won't, it is as simple as that. I have said this so many times over the years it gets a bit repetitive.

Tonight was just playing along with the theme of the thread, a bit of a laugh, and if you know my posting style you would easily see that. If I have lead you on I am sorry, but FFS, come one, I said it in my original post that I can't and won't say any more and I never do. You can read anything you want into my postings but if you ignore my first post than well, it's not my fault.

My source can tell me a name all over the papers, but if they say keep it quiet then I will, it's as simple as that. Tonight was fun, we are at a good place as a club and a support, and it is so nice to have such a high morale about the board, let's keep it that way.

Some of you will understand this post, some of you will think I am a teasing c*nt, and for the latter I am sorry, but you will learn.

Cheers..

The Doc

Why the cryptic emoji tweets from the official account on twitter? The eyes and the timer?

Am I making that up?? It’s been a long night :D

I'm not saying it is McCauley, but I was not told by my source to let any names out. I asked about Davis and Solanke and was told no, which I was allowed to post on the board (they were targets by the way, just things never worked out for various reasons) but was told about a player we were after but he was unsure about the terms and how much play time he would get.

One of my very first posts in this thread said this, and said I could not say any more, which was ignored, so I played along. At no time did I claim it was a superstar signing, a seat filler, or even a dud. I just played along with the theme of the thread and even asked if I should stop joking about, to which everyone said no.

I value my source more than anything, it is incredibly high level and it has never been wrong, ever. I can drop hints, I can like posts, but if my source says I can't confirm something then I won't, it is as simple as that. I have said this so many times over the years it gets a bit repetitive.

Tonight was just playing along with the theme of the thread, a bit of a laugh, and if you know my posting style you would easily see that. If I have lead you on I am sorry, but FFS, come one, I said it in my original post that I can't and won't say any more and I never do. You can read anything you want into my postings but if you ignore my first post than well, it's not my fault.

My source can tell me a name all over the papers, but if they say keep it quiet then I will, it's as simple as that. Tonight was fun, we are at a good place as a club and a support, and it is so nice to have such a high morale about the board, let's keep it that way.

Some of you will understand this post, some of you will think I am a teasing c*nt, and for the latter I am sorry, but you will learn.

Cheers..

The Doc
Is it still ongoing?

Back