Season Ticket Cancelled?

I’m not going to sit an argue over a trivial matter but please cut the club some slack here.
its not as easy as just removing a payment portal.

there was awarning message, you were told how to do it in the email and yet people still just hashed on and did it anyway. That is not the clubs fault.

a no entry door still opens

Your defence of the club is admirable mate, and you obviously have more of an insight into IT matters than me (and possibly most other people) but I'm another who was caught out in this situation, and yes, probably through my own ineptitude, but the fact remains there is a serious screw-up in the site when it's permitting people to "hash on", believe they have successfully completed a transaction, and then get apparent confirmation that the transaction has been made.

Your defence of the club is admirable mate, and you obviously have more of an insight into IT matters than me (and possibly most other people) but I'm another who was caught out in this situation, and yes, probably through my own ineptitude, but the fact remains there is a serious screw-up in the site when it's permitting people to "hash on", believe they have successfully completed a transaction, and then get apparent confirmation that the transaction has been made.
I used to work in customer service mate and folk used to not read stuff all the time and then blame us, feels shit when you wanna just turn round and ask them why they don’t fkn read lol

I used to work in customer service mate and folk used to not read stuff all the time and then blame us, feels shit when you wanna just turn round and ask them why they don’t fkn read lol

Whilst what your saying is true about folk not reading things, when you have a process in place for many years for season ticket renewals, then all of a sudden change things for whatever reason, surely it would make sense to either highlight the fact the old way of doing something no longer works or put preventative measure in place so that folk don’t login into their accounts and renew as they previously did. You can’t attribute full blame to the punters as if we’re all thick bassas.

Whilst what your saying is true about folk not reading things, when you have a process in place for many years for season ticket renewals, then all of a sudden change things for whatever reason, surely it would make sense to either highlight the fact the old way of doing something no longer works or put preventative measure in place so that folk don’t login into their accounts and renew as they previously did. You can’t attribute full blame to the punters as if we’re all thick bassas.
They did highlight it doesn’t work...

I haven't had any email confirmation they have received my renewal money. Used the bank transfer option for the full amount, it says it's off my account. I wonder how long to give it before phoning the ticket office.
Assume they are taking phone calls?
I renewed my ST when the email came out just got my confirmation email today saying that's it renewed.

Where? Not on the email I was sent or online at the time I paid on Friday 1st May.
Well I can’t vouch for what was on your screen but it’s in my email and was also on the website when you go to select payment option

Its 3-5 working days from the refund depending on your card provider I'm informed.

I appreciate the frustration and thank everyone for their patience shown.

Its 3-5 working days from the refund depending on your card provider I'm informed.

I appreciate the frustration and thank everyone for their patience shown.

Can you please confirm that’s 3-5 working days from the day we received the cancellation email?

The same email that doesn’t mention anything about refunds I may add.

That is my understanding of it - it depends on your card provider as the money is with them
Can you please confirm that’s 3-5 working days from the day we received the cancellation email?

The same email that doesn’t mention anything about refunds I may add.

@Greg Marshall

For those of us who haven’t received the original renewal emails with the link to pay in full included, have the ticket office given you any info as to when they will sent/resent out?

I emailed the ticket office the Friday before last and then again on Wednesday last week. Still heard nothing.

Cheers

Hi, its happening because you aren't following the renewal process as outlined in your renewal email.

It's really important that supporters read the information the club gives to us.

Whilst I appreciate what your saying about following information which the club provides, surely you’ll agree when they make a significant change to the renewal process (from one that has been in place for many years previously), they should have either written something specifically to highlight this fact on the email or disable the ability to follow the previous method on the ticketing system.

@Greg Marshall

For those of us who haven’t received the original renewal emails with the link to pay in full included, have the ticket office given you any info as to when they will sent/resent out?

I emailed the ticket office the Friday before last and then again on Wednesday last week. Still heard nothing.

Cheers
I believe they are working through them - if you haven't received word back from the Friday I would be surprised so have you checked spam folders and the like?

If so maybe give me an email and I'll chase for you slo@rangers.co.uk

Whilst I appreciate what your saying about following information which the club provides, surely you’ll agree when they make a significant change to the renewal process (from one that has been in place for many years previously), they should have either written something specifically to highlight this fact on the email or disable the ability to follow the previous method on the ticketing system.

I appreciate the feedback though I do believe the email is very clear on the renewal methods and additionally the warnings regarding the payment method are there online - the only thing you can pay with card online is the MyGers Membership

I appreciate the feedback though I do believe the email is very clear on the renewal methods and additionally the warnings regarding the payment method are there online - the only thing you can pay with card online is the MyGers Membership

That’s good to know these warnings are in place now but weren’t last Friday as others will testify.

That’s all well and good @Greg Marshall but the ST renewals portal was open before the emails came out. I had already renewed and received a confirmation email before the renewals email arrived.

Ladies/gents renewing for a friend who does not have access to online banking.
Thought I had it sussed and would just pay it through signing into my account as I have him on friends and family, but won’t let me pay the full amount.
I take it is a simple case of me transferring £495 to :
The Rangers Football Club Ticket Direct
Sort code: 20-33-70
Account Number: 33512916
On the reference put his name, Rangers number and seat number?
As he has no email and to compound the matter the ticket is in his brothers name (he has been paying using it for the past 25 years, I know, I know) how will I get a conformation, as that is all he is worried about to know it is actually paid.
In the reference could I put my email address for conformation?

Ladies/gents renewing for a friend who does not have access to online banking.
Thought I had it sussed and would just pay it through signing into my account as I have him on friends and family, but won’t let me pay the full amount.
I take it is a simple case of me transferring £495 to :
The Rangers Football Club Ticket Direct
Sort code: 20-33-70
Account Number: 33512916
On the reference put his name, Rangers number and seat number?
As he has no email and to compound the matter the ticket is in his brothers name (he has been paying using it for the past 25 years, I know, I know) how will I get a conformation, as that is all he is worried about to know it is actually paid.
In the reference could I put my email address for conformation?

he really should register an email account with the club. you can set one up for him at a gmail or the like

Greg you said that there will be an email coming out with payment details. And also how to change card details this week. Is that still the case.

Greg you said that there will be an email coming out with payment details. And also how to change card details this week. Is that still the case.

I think I was premature with that - I chased up on it on Friday and we are going to confirm the update process via email before the first payment. When that info is given to me I'll share.

he really should register an email account with the club. you can set one up for him at a gmail or the like
Will do mate keep saying to him to change the name etc but he’s not for budging for whatever reason.
He is going to join myGers so will set up a gmail for him.

I think I was premature with that - I chased up on it on Friday and we are going to confirm the update process via email before the first payment. When that info is given to me I'll share.
I would hope that it is soon. I would like to think that people are not hit with charges if the club cant take money out on 29th May.

I renewed on website haven’t received email with link got confirmation then got two emails saying it’s cancelled but no refund what,s going on sounds like a complete shambles I sent an email asking what’s going on 10 days ago still no reply

Tried to pay this but a bit reticent to do it.
With the Clydesdale bank, tried putting it in as a company, not found.
Manually doing it, entering sort code and account I can only enter my mates Rangers number as a reference, is that enough?
A bit late in the day now can you just phone up and pay over the phone with a debit/credit card?

Surely it can't be a problem by renewing on the website Visa Debit. I renewed mine in the exact same way and haven't had it cancelled.
Renewed with visa debit on the 5th I've got an email sent on the 8th saying its cancelled no refund showing in my account yet

I got email on 4th may so been 8 days and no refund yet although I'm aware that with bank holidays and banks closed on Saturdays now then it's been 5 or 6 working days so would really expect money to show in account today!

It is a bit of a shambles tbh... what if you had paid invalid way on deadline day and you get confirmation email and alls good then 2 days later a email saying cancelled with no explanation why? Would you lose your seat? Option should have been taken off website to pay through usual basket or at very least be clear in the email and not just some small print down very bottom of email.

Last edited:
Just to give a bit of context - a number of fans renewed by an incorrect method and as a result, the TC has to cancel those payments so that the supporter can use the renewals methods that are linked in the renewal email.

Greg I received an email stating that mine, and my sons, would be renewed automatically and the Payne ta would be 4 monthly instalments
There was no link to update payment details.

I logged into my account and paid for both.

The funds have been taken from my card

Yet I have received an email saying it’s been cancelled

Will this have been the 4 instalments or the 1 off payment I made?

Greg I received an email stating that mine, and my sons, would be renewed automatically and the Payne ta would be 4 monthly instalments
There was no link to update payment details.

I logged into my account and paid for both.

The funds have been taken from my card

Yet I have received an email saying it’s been cancelled

Will this have been the 4 instalments or the 1 off payment I made?
It’s a bit of a shambles mate, trying to pay my mates on my Rangers account the only way to pay that is is either the 4 or 10 month option, no option to pay in full.
Will let it lie for a few days to see if they can make the process a bit more user friendly.

Hi Greg

I normally pay 2 season tickets over 4 months and 1 child’s I just pay outright.

I paid them all at once outright to give the club funds at this time and I then received the email saying they are cancelled and I seen from above about the email link and they will be refunded.

My problem is that only the one season ticket (the one I normally pay outright) has a link the other ones don’t have a link to pay them, it only states the usual 4 monthly payments from the end of May. So how do I pay them outright now as I’m sure the club would prefer this at the moment?

Still waiting, nothing yet for me either! Paid on the 1st, was cancelled on the 7th.

Back