MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Heads held high bears, I said on here after this mob beat Leicester that I wanted to avoid them, they are better than us
Still been a season to remember and not finished yet

proud of the team

Certainly gives an idea as to what is required squad wise if we are to make a step up to Champions League level, or get further than this round in the Europa.

We love this team but too many have been a bit blind to its deficiencies. Central defence and central midfield could still be significantly improved. We've lost some very poor goals at this level, we've just bee good at scoring more than the other teams until now.

That said, we could have played a lot better and we're missing a couple of big players.

We've been done by a very professional set up
Or we have been set up by professionals, referees in both games shocking.

However you cannot shoot yourself in both feet like we have tonight and expect to compete. Shoddy play and we have not done ourselves justice. You have to be at your best in these games and we were nowhere near it in both ties.

Disappointing but with the benefit of hindsight, we probably started with the wrong eleven tonight. Helander probably should have been the selection, although I can understand why Balogun got the nod tonight. Same goes with Hagi for Arfield. Been a good tournament for us, so keep the heads up.

Midfield needs a big upgrade in the summer - lost that battle badly tonight and couldn't make a dent in them even with 11 men.

Thought Kent, Kamara and Buff have been decent enough and young Patterson showed up well but too many were not at the races.

Horrendous team to go out to.

Diving fouling cunts.

That being said, Gerrard got this wrong.

No way in hell Balogun and Arfield should have started this.

Not going overboard but this was a very winnable tie.
Diving about doesnt win you games but crisp accurate passing does. We've a bit to go to match them for skill.

The truth is we haven't been good enough over the 2 legs against them, even before the first red card tonight we weren't doing much.

Its annoying as i really thought it was a winnable tie for us.
Like the Germans last time we are a level short at this stage .

I hoped we could win but after 1st game I doubted it .

Re the first red anybody making excuses is a bit delusional.

5eab3059-9029-43ac-b92f-eea3fd159555.jpg

Think we have found our level this season much like Leverkusen last year. Still incredibly frustrating, this was very winnable. A hammering of the scum on Sunday will soothe this defeat.
Slavia aren’t anything special tbh and we need to be beating teams like this in the champions league qualifiers.

Hellander is a better centre back, and would still be on the pitch if he'd started. Balogun looked a liability for most of the game.
There's no way he should've came out for second half,was lucky to go in at half time still on the pitch!

The team have looked mentally and physically tired tonight. Slavia are a strong team who don’t need to perform their cheating antics like they did prior to the sending offs.

Tonight wasn’t helped by a weak and easily conned referee.

It does show the standard of team we will face if we make ECL group stage next season and on that, where we need to strengthen and improve.

Absolutely proud of what we have done again in Europe.

Ah fcuk I've just arrived home and seen the score:(

Can't get too angry at our team but significant strengthening is required for the Champions League and beyond.

The amount of posters on here who don’t understand how football works is astounding.

Has the ref been perfect tonight? No.

Were both reds for Balogun & Roofe correct? Yes.

Was Balogun lucky not to be sent off 1st half AND give away a pen? Yes.

Take the blue tinted specs off & realise the sun doesn’t shine out of every players ar*se. It’s embarrassing.

Beaten by a team who pressed better, created more chances & had the quality to score. The end.

Not like last year where you had to put your hands up and say Leverkusen were the better team. This side are good but not at that level, we’d have had a chance if we played at our best but got nowhere near it tonight.
They got it tactically right tonight, we’ve created very very little and deservedly losing.
This is a rare off night from all involved and a lesson for Gerrard, he got his team wrong and the subs wrong, shit happens.

What is it with people on this thread. Gerrard said Helander was carrying a knock. He had a niggle with his groin and couldn't risk him.

If we started him then had to sub him through injury people on here would go mental.

Really can't be fucked with the jack chat anymore, nearly fit etc, I couldn't give a toss about keeping him fresh for Scotland, arguably biggest game of the season and he's not involved but could've been if needed according to the gaffer, he's no been properly fit since playing 2 games for Scotland.

Couldn’t understand Helander being dropped tonight and why on earth wasn’t Hagi playing! Love gerrard but that was baffling.

The players looked disjointed but we weren’t helped by one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve seen.

Let’s be honest. The gaffer got it wrong.

Balogun is a decent player. A good, functional championship player.

Helander is a European championship and World Cup quality player. Unless he can’t actually walk....you play Helander. It’s a non brainer

I hope the players make it up to us with a win at Torbett Towers on Sunday. Cause tonight was an entirely self inflicted clusterfuck

The manager has had a poor game tonight, a step too far for him at this stage.
Arfield wasn’t at it from the first quarter and should have been subbed in the first half. Roofe was the wrong sub when we saw how Kent worried them, it should have been Wright. Aribo isn’t a midfielder.
Wright has done nothing to suggest he was the answer to a problem tonight.
Chasing a goal is why Roofe was selected, another forward.

We are playing against a good outfit here, we have made it easy for them by playing shit, but never the less these guys are just better than us, bad enough playing them with 11, we've been dominated all over the park. Good luck to them in the next round.
Fuk them in the next round. Cheating kunts.

Why is the manager to blame for picking 3 players who have been immense all season and in his eyes deserved to start the game tonight, do you not just think we have been outclassed by a better team?
Nope, I thought Arfield selection from the start was a mistake and he played a huge part in losing the first goal. We were always chasing it from then. Hagi should have been on from the start.

Dissapointed in tonights performance, but it was always a bonus to get a run. We've wrapped up the league so for any lurkers get it right up ye.

Back