MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
what caught us out tonight was our midfield.

Jack/Arfield will never give us a continuing run of games, add Roofe into that and we need an upgrade.

No more poor loan singings from france or anywhere unless they are someone who is good enough . Right now in my uneducated opinion we need two first choice midfielders good enough to relegate jack/arfield to subs/2ndchoice.

hope uefa kick them oot
It will be one players word against anothers not a chance anything will happen from it unless something has been heard by the officials or anyone else , but that is unlikely

I would hate to go through for something like this when we were well beaten on the park, we are not like them and never will be.

What a disappointing way to go out of the competition. The team has played great football in Europe this season and its sad to see it end like this. I think we've faced better teams than Prague this year and done better against them, but they were a good match for us, and too well organized and streetwise on the day.

The set the referees mindset from the start today. Yell loudly and every 50/50 will go your way. However, it would be wrong to blame the ref for our exit. We just lacked the quality to break down a well organized side. We've built a good team, but we need everyone at the top of their game to compete at this level. Too many players we less than their best today. Only Davis and Kamara really excelled. They targeted Alfie and made sure he was in the referees eye early on, this made it hard for him to use his body in hold up play. Any display of strength from him would routinely punished. Kent tried hard but ran into a wall. Apart from one shot, he barely contributed. Aribo couldn't seem to match the speed of their passing, Arfield was well off the pace and very careless with turnovers. We certainly tried but nothing was coming off for us, the red sealed our fate, but might not have influenced the result

The European journey comes to an end. Its been a good ride. Its just a pity we fell to a strong defence and gamesmanship rather than flowing football. If there is any consolation its in the knowledge going forward that we could and should have done far better in this tie.
I don’t think we have. Slavia are a step up from anyone we played in this comp imo and that includes a Benfica who are rebuilding. They put a very good Leicester out in the same way as us.

What a disappointing way to go out of the competition. The team has played great football in Europe this season and its sad to see it end like this. I think we've faced better teams than Prague this year and done better against them, but they were a good match for us, and too well organized and streetwise on the day.

The set the referees mindset from the start today. Yell loudly and every 50/50 will go your way. However, it would be wrong to blame the ref for our exit. We just lacked the quality to break down a well organized side. We've built a good team, but we need everyone at the top of their game to compete at this level. Too many players we less than their best today. Only Davis and Kamara really excelled. They targeted Alfie and made sure he was in the referees eye early on, this made it hard for him to use his body in hold up play. Any display of strength from him would routinely punished. Kent tried hard but ran into a wall. Apart from one shot, he barely contributed. Aribo couldn't seem to match the speed of their passing, Arfield was well off the pace and very careless with turnovers. We certainly tried but nothing was coming off for us, the red sealed our fate, but might not have influenced the result

The European journey comes to an end. Its been a good ride. Its just a pity we fell to a strong defence and gamesmanship rather than flowing football. If there is any consolation its in the knowledge going forward that we could and should have done far better in this tie.
Agree with most of that, but I think they played quicker and more accurate football. We also wasted the first 30 mims over there - something that happened quite a bit even when we got good results.

Hard to find the words after exiting in such a limp fashion. Roofe red card was correct decision no intent but you can’t have your boot that high.

Thought Kamara was MOTM.

Great challenge from NP at 0-1.

On a European stage we concede too many goals when the level steps up - not just a defensive thing, possession coughed up too cheaply
Yeah, it's a mystery isn't it?

You play better teams and concede more goals?

That lad just stopped and listened to Gerrard! That’s football royalty!

To go as mad as that he’s got to have said some racist remark to Kamara.

The black guy Gerrard was talking to, was right next to the incident, and was probably the reason the cowardly cunt cupped his hand to Kamara's ear. Gerrard was definitely calling him out on how he could defend the cunt.

I've absolutely no problem with him doing that, in fact I expect it. But he had his say, got a yellow for his trouble. No point on keeping on at a volatile referee and getting another one.

The club can and should lodge a complaint. All these cards just carry on into the Cl.

People trying to suggest I'm condoning racist behaviour need to get a grip.
I'd rather have Connor on my side in a fight, than you.

Aww shut up. We had a bad night. Bloody hell. Look atbwhat this team has done. Have a wordnwith yourself, you are no fan.
I’m not taking away anything that this team has achieved, it is monumental.
But that performance over 180 minutes vs Slavia Prague was poor, well below what I was expecting. That was a tie that we should have won.

That was disappointing. I don't think we were anywhere near as poor as folk on here are making out. We were a bit disjointed but second half we were starting to get a grip when the red cards came.

Neither team really created any good chances but they had two fantastic finishes - to get that powerful header from beyond the front post hasn't had the credit it deserved.

Disappointing end to our European run. I'm really proud of team and management and how we've played in Europe this season.

Interesting to see what happens here. There was a match earlier this season in SPFL where something was said, Goldson went apeshit, and then it all went away because the player involved claimed he didn’t say anything.
This is the problem. The cunto hid his mouth. Only two people know for absolute certain what was said.

I hope we go on the front foot. And that we do it starting with Gerrard's post match.

Do I think anything will come of it? No.

That aside, we should be proud of our European run yet again. I think as someone else described it, this is our current ceiling in Europe. Will be a bit to think about re strengthening for next season.

Are you fucking mental?

It looks like Kamara shakeshis hand after it, thats why i doubt it.
Whatever was said he is a sneaky little shit covering his mouth bit we seen thisat county, same reaction, most of the same players, turned out he was called a poof.

If that was a racist comment, and it certainly looked like it as all the black players in our team went after him then Kamara needs to call this scumbag out live on TV. If a yellow card is all you get for racist behaviour then UEFA should chuck it now.

Quite often I like to see a team that’s got the better of us do well. I hope whoever gets this lot next tears them a new arsehole or at least cause serious damage. Absolute scum.
Me too. I hope they get annihilated. We've not done ourselves justice tonight

ive still got the live feed, Gerrard's final comment to the manager was
'Just so that you know....'

The bastards are still out celebrating on the pitch

I thought we might have made the other subs after Roofe’s red to have a go.

Plenty of games get won with 10 men.

Best team won tonight though.

:(

No complaints. We've had a fantastic run with some memorable moments, all the while winning the league. We were a bit unlucky tonight with a few big decisions not going our way. Red cards were correct although the ref seemed more lenient with the Prague team. Gerrard maybe showing a bit of managerial inexperience by not replacing Belagun sooner but Im sure he's seen what we've all seen we're still a wee bit short in the European arena.

There's 2 different things tonight.

Firstly, the better team tonight win the game. They were better on the ball and off it. We were struggling badly anyway, but 2 men getting deserved red cards just made it impossible.

Most successful teams in Europe also are good at the darker arts of the game, winning fouls and getting opponents booked. This team certainly are good at it, which is frustrating but part of the game at this level.

Secondly, that incident near the end needs explained. Our players to a man were raging, and if it was racism that player needs hammered.

Slavia are a good side, but not as good as that result might indicate.

I don't think we played particularly well, even with 11 on the pitch.

I would have brought Hagi on instead of Roofe -- one of the things we lacked tonight was someone to winn free kicks just outside their box.

I also think Stevie Gerrard made an obvious error in keeping Balogun on the field -- it always looked like he could get another card, and so it proved.

One of those games that even with 11 we could still have been playing and not scoring.

Disappointing game from Joe Aribo too imo -- he usually turns up at some point with some outrageous skills to cut the opposition open, but not tonight.

A few posters on here did indicate that we should have been as diving and cheating-savvy as they were.
However, it probably wouldn't have made any difference to that ref.

Team should have walked off if it’s a racial comment.

But now Gerrard, McAllister and a board member must address the press conference and call out UEFA on this.

yep should be said we lost and don’t want to go through but the lad was racist (if he was)

think Rae said but Kamara is very laid back and I’d imagine not much riles him - but racist abuse will

Nothing will be done about this.Kamara will say his side of it.He will deny it and uefa will shit it.We weren’t good enough full stop.Didn’t turn up over both legs and I’m really disappointed with that more than anything (excluding the obviously racist comment).Midfield is not good enough for the latter stages of European competition.

Well, shit.

only hope is whatever the Prague player said was good enough to get them kicked out and is put back in.

Back