Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That’s a pretty staggering stance that sky are taking to try and distance the very obvious and proven link between CFC and CBC as well as the plethora of evidence that supports the idea that they were in fact one and the same thing.

Any major media outlet that decides to take this stance at this stage really wants to be closed down once it’s proven that this was indeed the case that they were in fact linked in every way possible. Sky taking the stance in support of the club that’s enabled and facilitated paedophiles and the systemic abuse of children for 5 decades is nothing short of a National scandal and that outlet should feel the wrath of the public once these class action suits are over with.

It was an open secret for many years, and now with the multitude of documents evidencing the fact that these crimes were happening and not just some horrible rumour, so for any media outlet to side with the football club rather than the victims really should see the end of that organisation as a viable media option, as well as a credible service that’s available to the paying public.

The victims are the ones who should be getting the full support of everyone, not just of those who are willing to risk everything to help them fight for the justice they deserve.
I wonder if there are any connections between that club and sky at the editorial level and above?

You can almost understand their deluded, denial ridden stance with football related matters, the worst of sore losers exist in any walk of life.

I have never been able to grasp that there are 60k pond-life that fill a stadium every week, KNOWINGLY supporting a club and the people who want to forcefully, cover up a VIP paedophile ring purely to continue to see a daft football team compete for titles.

No title or club is worth putting before the wellbeing of children who are now scarred adults, it's absolutely harrowing.

There's millions more of them attend their churches every week all over the globe for a lot longer than celtc have even been in existence knowing their clergy have been raping their kids on an industrial scale, and have sat back and said diddley-squat.
By comparison, facing up to the celtc abuse situation is a piece of cake.

I wonder if there are any connections between that club and sky at the editorial level and above?
One can only imagine the influence that PL would have had over there. Is there not links with one of the heads of SKY Scotland and PLs son Mark? This seems to be their heir to the throne, the incumbent head of the snake.

I’m pretty sure as well with MacLennan of SPFL fame and his media influences would certainly stretch to head honchos as Sky, and he of course is bosom buddies and business partners with several CFC executives so there’s more than a hint of these friendships intertwining.

The boys who were scouted and played for Celtic boys club were not affiliated to Celtic football club they were actually a separate entity,But the officials that ran the boys club were employed by Celtic football club therefore Celtic football club are responsible and culpable for the rape and abuse of these young boys.

There's millions more of them attend their churches every week all over the globe for a lot longer than celtc have even been in existence knowing their clergy have been raping their kids on an industrial scale, and have sat back and said diddley-squat.
I don't think the problem is facing up to the issue. They don't care how many children suffered or have been murdered within their faith or their football club.

I think they are only fearful that this could finish Celtic of on a purely financial basis. I don't think they have much to worry about regarding any punishments dished out by the SFA etc.

They will gladly take the embarrassment as long as their club survives.

A little reminder in there of Celtic speaking for CBC (in response to the SFA report last year):

At that point, Celtic said: “The club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys Club, something which the independent review acknowledged and welcomed. Today we reiterate this apology.”

An affiliation has been proved by Spotlight, there may be or not be any contracts or agreements written down. But the fact the two clubs had a near 50 year shared working relationship, and a system of promotion through the boys club ranks to senior club team. In my simple layman's thinking, it would be difficult to prove otherwise of no affiliation.

To reiterate what's been posted before.
Ladies & Gentlemen of Spotlight.
We thank you all for your relentless work in bringing this to the fore.
I truly believe that without your industrious efforts, these shocking events would be swept away and forever hidden and the poor victims would never get any sort of closure or recompense.
Keep at them. The Dam appears to be creaking. Not burst..yet.
But it will burst in time.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

On 5/10/21 Sky News broadcast a report about a pending class action law suit in which multiple victims of child sex abuse will seek redress from Celtic Football Club.

Several senior associates of Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic FC claims to be a "separate entity' have already been convicted of offences relating to the child abuse that took place. The football clubs' 'separate entity' claim is highly contentious and the victims' pursuit of redress is likely to hinge on the courts' view of the evidence to substantiate or disprove their claim.

I was therefore shocked that Sky News concluded their TV report of the pending legal action with a statement to the effect that there is 'no affiliation" betwen Celtic FC and the Celtic Boys' Club. This prejudicial message is highly irresponsible and must have dismayed the child sex abuse victims who now seek legal redress.

It is a message Sky subsequently reinforced via their twitter feed with an article that commenced ;

"A number of senior figures at Celtic Boys Club, which was not officially connected to Celtic FC, have been jailed for sexual abuse".

Given the gravity of the pending law suit, I expect a national broadcaster to demonstrate awareness of the potential impact of their words and perspectives.

I am requesting that OFCOM investigate this matter. In my opinion, Sky should broadcast and publish a fullsome apology to the abused victoms of this scandal. They should also be forced to retract their statements relating to the denial of a relationship between Celtic and Celtic Boys Club as this will be tested in the courts as a crucial element of the pending law suit.

Broadcasters have a duty of care to victims of such grave offences to endure their reporting is accurate, balanced and sympathetic to the suffering the victims have already endured. It should not be prejudicial to legal proceedings.
Brilliant mate

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

On 5/10/21 Sky News broadcast a report about a pending class action law suit in which multiple victims of child sex abuse will seek redress from Celtic Football Club.

Several senior associates of Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic FC claims to be a "separate entity' have already been convicted of offences relating to the child abuse that took place. The football clubs' 'separate entity' claim is highly contentious and the victims' pursuit of redress is likely to hinge on the courts' view of the evidence to substantiate or disprove their claim.

I was therefore shocked that Sky News concluded their TV report of the pending legal action with a statement to the effect that there is 'no affiliation" betwen Celtic FC and the Celtic Boys' Club. This prejudicial message is highly irresponsible and must have dismayed the child sex abuse victims who now seek legal redress.

It is a message Sky subsequently reinforced via their twitter feed with an article that commenced ;

"A number of senior figures at Celtic Boys Club, which was not officially connected to Celtic FC, have been jailed for sexual abuse".

Given the gravity of the pending law suit, I expect a national broadcaster to demonstrate awareness of the potential impact of their words and perspectives.

I am requesting that OFCOM investigate this matter. In my opinion, Sky should broadcast and publish a fullsome apology to the abused victoms of this scandal. They should also be forced to retract their statements relating to the denial of a relationship between Celtic and Celtic Boys Club as this will be tested in the courts as a crucial element of the pending law suit.

Broadcasters have a duty of care to victims of such grave offences to endure their reporting is accurate, balanced and sympathetic to the suffering the victims have already endured. It should not be prejudicial to legal proceedings.
Outstanding sir. Well done for taking the time to put that together. Thank you.

There’s a different slant between Murray & that wee knob McLaughlin’s summary on Scottish football.

The Lesbian Maker never mentioned Celtic FC, while Murray mentions them, second after Celtic BC.

Much more representative.

Good to see they’ve also remembered Liewells bogus review. If anything, it was instigated by the insurance company to assess their own liability.

They thought this would simply disappear.

Thanks to all you guys that’s not the case and justice can finally prevail.

E
Exactly.

When is someone going to ask why a priest is statistically more likely to be a pedophile than a normal citizen.

Total respect to Gordon Woods, must be so hard to come out and speak about this, face his demons and be a front face in this campaign. Must be so hard to deal with what you are going through. Especially if you face abuse in street from others on what you are doing.

Hold your head high my friend. You have plenty of support.

To the ladies and gentlemen of spotlight, the 4th official, BN and all the others involved. I know this takes alot of time, effort and grief, but you are all doing something to help these people and hopefully bring justice, putting an end to this shameful event. And those who didn't see it to the end, may they soon rest in peace.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

Good to see they’ve also remembered Liewells bogus review. If anything, it was instigated by the insurance company to assess their own liability.

They thought this would simply disappear.

Thanks to all you guys that’s not the case and justice can finally prevail.

Thanks Taffyblue.

Yes, some of the media are less inclined to make their excuses for them.

We have more, as BN has said a few times. And it’s good.

Complaint sent to Ofcom.

Outstanding Sir.

If I was the judge I would be asking why celtic and / or their insurers conducting an 'independent investigation' into something they claim is a seperate entity from Celtic fc
I assume the court will demand to see Peter's elusive and mysterious "independent investigation".
It has now taken 4+ years, which is longer than the SFA inquiry into the whole of Scottish football took.

James Dornan very publicly asked Peter for clarity on his investigation, i.e. how and by whom. That was over two years ago. Perhaps someone on twitter could ask Dornan for an update on that.

The boys who were scouted and played for Celtic boys club were not affiliated to Celtic football club they were actually a separate entity,But the officials that ran the boys club were employed by Celtic football club therefore Celtic football club are responsible and culpable for the rape and abuse of these young boys.
Incidents occurred within the confines of Celtic park and celtics training ground

Celtic claimed that club officials themselves investigated allegations of abuse and used their offical club newspaper to exonerate officials at celtic boys club of allegations

They didn't need to investigate,they already knew what was going on at parkhead and the proof was the hundreds of indecent pictures of boys club players stored in a cupboard at the piggery.
If it was a separate entity Cullen would not have felt safe storing them there. Who else did Cullen confide in who worked there?

If I was the judge I would be asking why celtic and / or their insurers conducting an 'independent investigation' into something they claim is a seperate entity from Celtic fc

Incidents occurred within the confines of Celtic park and celtics training ground

Celtic claimed that club officials themselves investigated allegations of abuse and used their offical club newspaper to exonerate officials at celtic boys club of allegations
Club officials investigated club officials,Handy.

They didn't need to investigate,they already knew what was going on at parkhead and the proof was the hundreds of indecent pictures of boys club players stored in a cupboard at the piggery.
If it was a separate entity Cullen would not have felt safe storing them there. Who else did Cullen confide in who worked there?
Were the photos stored there of Celtic Boys Club players?

I would think that's a given imo, Celtic employee with access to boys who were being abused. Not rocket science or I wouldn't be able to fathom it out
You need to remember the boys club played and scouted other teams. Could be more than just the boys club boys in the photos.

I notice on the other thread posters are stating that certain perpetrators were not employed by that club.
I’ll say it in here also..
Spotlight has more. We’ve obviously shown that the separate entity was a lie but we also hold certain documents that are also in the correct hands.
You will notice that Spotlight will not comment on the upcoming trial due to jeopardising any cases. We will release what we have at the correct time.
Another poster stated that there may be no punishment. All we can provide is facts and pass it to the appropriate people.
Make no mistake that yesterday’s press release is a massive step in the right direction. Papers will be served to that club very soon.
Like I’ve said, There is a whole lot more to come.

What you seen yesterday in the Daily Record was a public notice.
Papers will be served to the club very soon.
A big step in the right direction. Everything seems to be gathering momentum.
Only last week I was thinking court proceedings were still years away.

Well done to everyone involved including spotlight, everyone on here and the solicitors at Thomsons.

I have also stated before that I think that if it wasn't for the power of the Internet this would all have been covered up.

It would seem the stars have indeed aligned at the correct time.

A big step in the right direction. Everything seems to be gathering momentum.
Only last week I was thinking court proceedings were still years away.

Well done to everyone involved including spotlight, everyone on here and the solicitors at Thomsons.

I have also stated before that I think that if it wasn't for the power of the Internet this would all have been covered up.

It would seem the stars have did indeed aligned at the correct time.
You're right it's a step in the right direction, what I would like to see now is the International media reporting on this, let the whole world know what a rotten to the core club they are.

I notice on the other thread posters are stating that certain perpetrators were not employed by that club.
I’ll say it in here also..
Spotlight has more. We’ve obviously shown that the separate entity was a lie but we also hold certain documents that are also in the correct hands.
You will notice that Spotlight will not comment on the upcoming trial due to jeopardising any cases. We will release what we have at the correct time.
Another poster stated that there may be no punishment. All we can provide is facts and pass it to the appropriate people.
Make no mistake that yesterday’s press release is a massive step in the right direction. Papers will be served to that club very soon.
Like I’ve said, There is a whole lot more to come.
Is it absolute headshot material mate?

This case should really bring into question as the why the SNP Government decided to exempt football clubs and religious institutions from their inquiry into historical abuse. The more that comes out about this scandal makes that decision all the more staggering.
It certainly calls for an explanation why they ignored the calls for help from victims and ignored requests for answers regarding an inquiry on CSA especially when Useless was the Minister of Justice .

Back