Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

There are many instances where the separate entity is a lie as you well know.
Five decades this has been going on. Let that sink in. How many victims?
In all that time individuals employed by that club from top to bottom knew and said nothing.
Young boys proud to wear the colours are now having to stand against the club they love to get justice.
Also other victims that support Rangers and other clubs that put the love of football before anything else, and joined that club also in the belief it would further their career only to be preyed upon. And believe me I’ve heard the stories. I will never share them.
I’ve heard them in great detail. It’s stuff you couldn’t imagine. How these bastards operated has to be known though. How the club said nothing also has to be known.
Take a wee moment at some point and think about these boys. Some no longer with us. And some getting on with their lives with their own families now.
And that club has the audacity to stand against them in court.
And politicians turn a blind eye.
I’m proud of Spotlight.
We are proud of the work you guys have done. This isn’t about club colours , this is about justice for boys who had their dreams destroyed by depraved scum.
With regards Celtic fc they should not be protected by anyone, and should feel the full force of the law and the consequences of their own actions for over 40 years. No more excuse , no more sweeping and deflecting. The world needs to know about what they have done and covered up.

I don’t go on their forums. I never have done and never will. I’ve heard a few noises from others though that say some of their support want to face up to this.
I go on one of their forums and ive seen a few threads put on over the years , it gets pulled straight away they never leave it up they've even got their own support terrified to talk about it

Very impressed with Mr Woods on this. Calm, knowledgeable, factual, he certainly got his points across in a powerful and credible manner.

Credit also to Sonia Poulton who seems informed and sensitive to the subject matter and allowed Mr Woods to get his points across and made sensible, appropriate interventions in order to maximise the effect of the interview.

The usual bigoted suspects complaining about a song, Four Lads Had A Dream. How many lads had a dream to play for their team and were raped at that club? Hundreds?
I had the same when a Celtic supporter started talking about Paradise. I told the female Celtic supporter that it certainly wasn't Paradise for a huge amount of young boys who were raped within the stadium and boys club. Her reply was the standard "You are a bigot" The supporters are still turning a blind eye to the fact and holding the seperate entity party line.

I remember McNee in his weekly column in the Notw mid 90s when he had turned against the old regime would often write of their financial shenanigans during the glory days and the delivery of satchels of cash to some office above the blue lagoon chip shop
Im sure it was during this period he proudly proclaimed to all how big joke physically booted a certain peado out of the crime scene all the way down London rd while conveniently forgetting the amount of phone boxes he passed during the imaginary beating
McPish like his fellow pish stained tramp from clyde knew everything legal and otherwise that happened at that club during an era that they both have an almost photographic memory of the glory but absolutely refuse to even discuss this matter.
Both along with many other enablers should be in a witness box at the very least

I had the same when a Celtic supporter started talking about Paradise. I told the female Celtic supporter that it certainly wasn't Paradise for a huge amount of young boys who were raped within the stadium and boys club. Her reply was the standard "You are a bigot" The supporters are still turning a blind eye to the fact and holding the seperate entity party line.
Sometimes the truth is too much to take o_O so they shut their eyes and hope it will all go away but they need to face the facts that too many have suffered because of this excuse for a football club .

It's The Celtic Way Pal I'm afraid,
SAD BUT TRUE

I remember McNee in his weekly column in the Notw mid 90s when he had turned against the old regime would often write of their financial shenanigans during the glory days and the delivery of satchels of cash to some office above the blue lagoon chip shop
Im sure it was during this period he proudly proclaimed to all how big joke physically booted a certain peado out of the crime scene all the way down London rd while conveniently forgetting the amount of phone boxes he passed during the imaginary beating
McPish like his fellow pish stained tramp from clyde knew everything legal and otherwise that happened at that club during an era that they both have an almost photographic memory of the glory but absolutely refuse to even discuss this matter.
Both along with many other enablers should be in a witness box at the very least
Well said Keni

I don’t go on their forums. I never have done and never will. I’ve heard a few noises from others though that say some of their support want to face up to this.

I remember hearing ACSOM (Celtic podcast) say at the point of Dominic McKay being appointed - they wanted one of the things he addressed at the club was the boys club scandal.

Since they haven’t mentioned it at all. Which is a shame as their fan podcasts, supporters groups should be pressuring their club to right the wrongs. If not, they are complicit and it is those fans who financially contribute towards a board who have actively covered it up and prevented justice.

Having listened to Gordon Woods numerous times now and having read some of his posts, I would like to congratulate him on the bravery that he continues to emanate, this can only inspire others.

His fight for justice continues not only for himself but for others too. Is it not possible for an investigative journalist to come forward and delve into the past and try to uncover how many people that were associated with The Celtic Boys Club sadly went on to take their own lives.

The world deserves to know the truth about what has been going on and also the way the unfortunate victims are still being treated to this day, after all what they were originally looking for was only an apology from Celtic.

It saddens me to say that I am ashamed to be Scottish ( this can be easily remedied ) JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Thank goodness for Spotlight,Sonia Poulton and the others that continue to dedicate their time to unravel the truth and hopefully someday, be able to finally expose the sordid beasts for what they are. With many thanks, I salute you all.

Having listened to Gordon Woods numerous times now and having read some of his posts, I would like to congratulate him on the bravery that he continues to emanate, this can only inspire others.

His fight for justice continues not only for himself but for others too. Is it not possible for an investigative journalist to come forward and delve into the past and try to uncover how many people that were associated with The Celtic Boys Club sadly went on to take their own lives.

The world deserves to know the truth about what has been going on and also the way the unfortunate victims are still being treated to this day, after all what they were originally looking for was only an apology from Celtic.

It saddens me to say that I am ashamed to be Scottish ( this can be easily remedied ) JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Thank goodness for Spotlight,Sonia Poulton and the others that continue to dedicate their time to unravel the truth and hopefully someday, be able to finally expose the sordid beasts for what they are. With many thanks, I salute you all.
I’ve said it many times but we do realise recently that there are now more posters coming onto this thread so I’ll say it again.
Spotlight is nowhere near finished. We have more that will definitely come out at the right time. We have documents that have never been seen that will show certain individuals definitely knew.

I’ve said it many times but we do realise recently that there are now more posters coming onto this thread so I’ll say it again.
Spotlight is nowhere near finished. We have more that will definitely come out at the right time. We have documents that have never been seen that will show certain individuals definitely knew.
You always fill me with confidence, BN94, when you deliver posts like this one.

I am in awe of yourself, Grigo and all of the others who are putting their hearts and souls into this distressing search for justice. I echo the sentiments of other posters who would like to compliment Gordon Woods for his bravery and his eloquence whilst keeping his eye on the ball. And not forgetting the Gray family and Adrian Goldberg for their endeavours to bring about justice.

Power to you all.

I'm struggling to understand what Pat Nevins justification was, or his dad's.

Imagine you/we/anyone saying "yes, we knew he was abusing children, while I played for *** Boys Team in 'my town', but because my dad was there he didn't touch me!

Did we phone the police, or report him? No, because he didn't touch me because my dad was there."

Or, now, imagine yourself as a parent and you know 100% that the coach of your kids team is a paedophile. You wouldn't stay silent.
Nevin is an enabler, just like a lot of players of those day.
Pat, two things here.
Firstly, please think of the victims first and foremost.
Secondly, think of the advice you’d be offering the victims if it were another club, any other club, who were the accused.

Nevin is an enabler, just like a lot of players of those day.
Pat, two things here.
Firstly, please think of the victims first and foremost.
Secondly, think of the advice you’d be offering the victims if it were another club, any other club, who were the accused.

Delete if I am tangent, but I don't think anyone should limit themselves to a football club when empathising.

Pat Nevin should be thinking what he or anyone would do if it were children at another football club, sports club, youth club, church group, Boys Brigade, Brownies, Scouts...

I dislike Pat Nevin as much as the next guy, but there are many, many ahead of him who should have a target on their back when it comes to this. Nevin was a young lad when at Celtic and is not to blame for not raising the issue at the time. Could he have said more than he has already said in the years since? Possibly. But at least he brought the subject up at least once, unlike many others. Apologies if some disagree or if I have missed some of the recent communications between Nevin and others, but I don’t think he should be one of the main targets here.

There are hundreds of ex players, managers, board members, fans, club associates, parents, politicians, and journalists who if they were not aware of the actual deeds, were certainly well aware of the rumours and allegations. And the vast majority have not uttered a word, either at the time or in the present. Anything they could find the decency to admit to could assist with the victims, either with the police cases or the Thompsons legal cases, yet they remain silent. Shame on every last one of them. Especially the Celtic minded journalists like Hugh Keevins, who were about at the time and are still about. No confessions or last rites are gonna save old Hugh for staying silent.

What should be happening here is a journalist, the police, the courts, or even Thompson’s Solicitors, should be contacting every single one of them to ask what they knew, and name and shame those that refuse to respond.

With all due respect....we dont need the history lessons.

Keep the thread on topic plse
The two go hand in hand I'm afraid.

In order to fully understand what went on there and just how they have managed to suppress this for so long, you first have to understand their history and how they work.

The colosal cover up, more importantly how its been handled, has the influence of the rc church fingerprints all over it.

I do think that an organisation such as Thompson's solicitors could put pressure on certain individuals by asking for information to support the victims allegations as I'm assuming victims must be naming individuals as knowing what went on
I'd like to see what sort of response these individuals would give now rhat the net appears to be closing in on some

Delete if I am tangent, but I don't think anyone should limit themselves to a football club when empathising.

Pat Nevin should be thinking what he or anyone would do if it were children at another football club, sports club, youth club, church group, Boys Brigade, Brownies, Scouts...
Even just the next door neighbours kid or any kid at all.

Not sure of the full details of this case & obviously not anything to do with CBC cases but Glasgow City Council are having to pay a man £1.3 million abused by his foster carer back in the 80's. Could this possibly be an indication of financial punishments going forward?
Not sure but it should have separate entity quaking with fear

Not sure of the full details of this case & obviously not anything to do with CBC cases but Glasgow City Council are having to pay a man £1.3 million abused by his foster carer back in the 80's. Could this possibly be an indication of financial punishments going forward?
SNP GCC no doubt the Toytown Parliament will give the Appeal Court judges the new and approved reversal of judgement to quash that decision as a precedent of any other abuse cases that follow ?

Just an FYI.

Spotlight won’t be posting on this thread until the 24th.
To keep up to date in the interim, please follow our pages on Twitter & Facebook.

Thank you.

I’d like to think that you guys would use this time to take a well earned break from the horrific, mentally challenging task you’ve undertaken to clear the mind, recharge the batteries and reflect on the incredible job you’ve done thus far - something that wouldn’t have been necessary if certain individuals and organisations had just done the right thing.

But I know you guys are machines and will be on this 24/7. Take care.

I’d like to think that you guys would use this time to take a well earned break from the horrific, mentally challenging task you’ve undertaken to clear the mind, recharge the batteries and reflect on the incredible job you’ve done thus far - something that wouldn’t have been necessary if certain individuals and organisations had just done the right thing.

Thanks a lot for your support Taffyblue.

We are absolutely fine, and working every single day as a team.

We’re very good & working to develop new issues pretty much 24/7 as you say.

Well said Taffyblue. I'll second these emotions!

£1.3 million is still not enough to the victims and their families.

I dislike Pat Nevin as much as the next guy, but there are many, many ahead of him who should have a target on their back when it comes to this. Nevin was a young lad when at Celtic and is not to blame for not raising the issue at the time. Could he have said more than he has already said in the years since? Possibly. But at least he brought the subject up at least once, unlike many others. Apologies if some disagree or if I have missed some of the recent communications between Nevin and others, but I don’t think he should be one of the main targets here.

There are hundreds of ex players, managers, board members, fans, club associates, parents, politicians, and journalists who if they were not aware of the actual deeds, were certainly well aware of the rumours and allegations. And the vast majority have not uttered a word, either at the time or in the present. Anything they could find the decency to admit to could assist with the victims, either with the police cases or the Thompsons legal cases, yet they remain silent. Shame on every last one of them. Especially the Celtic minded journalists like Hugh Keevins, who were about at the time and are still about. No confessions or last rites are gonna save old Hugh for staying silent.

What should be happening here is a journalist, the police, the courts, or even Thompson’s Solicitors, should be contacting every single one of them to ask what they knew, and name and shame those that refuse to respond.
Pat Nevin contacted my daughter privately

Back