Copa Libertadores 2022 + All Things SA Football

K

No doubt you'll keep us posted of any developments.

(Not what you were asking but) In many ways I think that is part of the problem. They would like to develop the ground but can't due to residents in the street behind that stand (if I have my bearings right) not being prepared to move.

Not an excuse for the state it is in, but Boca have been wanting to do something with the ground for a long time.

Ujder
(Not what you were asking but) In many ways I think that is part of the problem. They would like to develop the ground but can't due to residents in the street behind that stand (if I have my bearings right) not being prepared to move.

Not an excuse for the state it is in, but Boca have been wanting to do something with the ground for a long time.
Understand, it's one of the world's most iconic stadiums, I'd love to experience it one day.

Any idea what are the dynamics in relation to River's improvements to El Monumental, are Boca under any pressure to redevelop La Bombonera?

Ujder

Understand, it's one of the world's most iconic stadiums, I'd love to experience it one day.

Any idea what are the dynamics in relation to River's improvements to El Monumental, are Boca under any pressure to redevelop La Bombonera?

There has been talk of redeveloping (increasing capacity, improving conditions etc,,,) for a long time. Most recently in 2019/2020, that I can remember. Then covid arrived and it has all gone quiet (to my limited knowledge).

This is before any talk of the Argentine economy: not good.

Season ticket sales in Colombia:

FX1IU9VUcAAO998

If you read this thread then here's a couple of books you may be interested in. The latter is out in September.

For any nighthawks out there, Copa Libertadores semi-final, first leg, Athletico Paranaense vs Palmeiras, live on BBC Sport Football.

And the other semi, Velez Sarsfield vs Flamengo at 01:30 on Thursday.

1st September 2022.

For any nighthawks out there (again), Copa Libertadores semi-final, first leg, Velez Sarsfield vs Flamengo, live on BBC Sport Football at 01:15.

The goals from Velez vs Flamengo.

All Brazilian final now surely?
A long trek to equidistant Ecuador for the final on the 29th of next month.

One for the diaries of FF's South America's aficionados.

Short of something to watch tonight so stuck on the Racing v Rosario Central game, Fernando Gago v Carlos Tevez. Good choice, what a game.

Central 3-1 up at half time and well worth it, Racing came out and scored 3 in the second half including a last minute winner.

Short of something to watch tonight so stuck on the Racing v Rosario Central game, Fernando Gago v Carlos Tevez. Good choice, what a game.

Central 3-1 up at half time and well worth it, Racing came out and scored 3 in the second half including a last minute winner.

Interesting to see how Gago does as a manager as he has got Racing playing some really nice football.

Boca Juniors game abandoned last night:

Reports of over 10k outside the ground, trying to get in - with and without tickets. Allegations that Gimnasia oversold tickets. Police over-reaction creating havoc.

Last edited:
Gimnasia having a good season in 6th place, only 7 points from the top. I presume this explains the number of fans seeking entry to the ground?

After the events in Malang, you would think that the police would finally have realised that cs gas isn't an effective crowd control measure, indeed that it's deadly in packed stadiums.

But unfortunately, the message hasn't been learned.

Forza Racing ! The true Lions of ‘67 :))

And why hasn't he been linked to the Rangers job yet?
:)
Pretty sure he was mentioned in one of the threads in a kind of ‘this is who the board should be going after if they had ambition’ kind of way. Guessing he’s heading to Spain.

Flicking about the channels tonight I ended up on the Alianza Lima game. Jefferson Farfan must be a fair old age to be back playing in Peru, and only be a late sub for Alianza at that. Alianza beat Binacional 2-0 and have apparently pretty much clinched the closing stage of the league.

How have I missed this news?

And why hasn't he been linked to the Rangers job yet?
:)

The irony is they play Racing in their last game and no River fan will want them to win as it would more than likely give Boca the title.

End of an era at River. He has been a fantastic manager. He has won playing beautiful and ugly football after having to rebuild the team every season due to finances in Argentina. I really hope he gets a good club in Europe who will give him the time and resources to show how good he is.

Names been mentioned so far to replace him are Crespo, Aimar and Demichelis.

Back