Hibs Statement On SFA/SPFL/EBT

If Hibs didn't support the SPFL statement/letter - and other clubs didn't support it - who gave Doncaster the authority to release it?

Really suspicious about this.......remember Celtic sat back and allowed things to happen when the shit was really going down.....the rest of Scottish football did their dirty work for them, what's changed?

I suspect the other (old) SPL clubs do not want any sort of public inquiry into what they did to Rangers, the 5 way agreement, the additional punishments that were handed out on almost a daily basis.

And why did the SPL merge with the rest of the Scottish League.....why was the SPFL formed.

There's more questions than answers....and I don't think too many Chairman want to answer any questions about the part they played in punishing Rangers or lack of support for a fellow member team that ultimately put their own businesses at risk.

Yep - there must be a number of people involved in this saga aware that full transparency via another independent enquiry runs the risk that there is actual, real transparency. For example, ALL the minutes and internal email traffic relating to the 5-way agreement might be produced from somewhere. I'd imagine there are a few people who would not want to take that risk.

This has been a rather nice day, first the fat Japanese was bitch slapped by Regan who let slip they are the ONLY team in the country who want a review, then his main ally in Petrie at Hibs adds their names to that of Aberdeen and Hearts by saying it's over and time to move on.
The average Shettleston will be fuming, which is a bonus.

That fat Petrie was one of the major players in the five way agreement. He doesn't want the skeletons to come out.

Well that's a shock.
I thought Hibs would be at the top of the list backing Petey along with Aberdeen and Dundee Hibs.
So far that's Hibs and the sheep taking the sensible approach and abandoning the Timmy bandwagon

Poor Petey bhoy could we begging to see the start of Scottish football turning their backs on them and taking back the power from that lot

Something stinks here!!
Why are Hibs, Aberdeen etc distancing themselves from Celtic?
I'm way to paparanid these days

This has been a rather nice day, first the fat Japanese was bitch slapped by Regan who let slip they are the ONLY team in the country who want a review, then his main ally in Petrie at Hibs adds their names to that of Aberdeen and Hearts by saying it's over and time to move on.
The average Shettleston will be fuming, which is a bonus.

Killie's main shareholder told them as well last week that they wanted nothing to do with it. Lawwell now needs a courageous journalist to ask him on who's behalf he was speaking.

Oh dear Tims, bet you wish you had multiple appeals just like yer pals - losers HMRC.

Yep - there must be a number of people involved in this saga aware that full transparency via another independent enquiry runs the risk that there is actual, real transparency. For example, ALL the minutes and internal email traffic relating to the 5-way agreement might be produced from somewhere. I'd imagine there are a few people who would not want to take that risk.

Didn't King buy the Charlotte fakes hacked emails or something? Something in there Petrie doesn't want the world to see?

Quality! In one day we've had Liewell's placeman Regan and his lapdog Petrie turning against him! Who's next to abandon the fatman?

Nope, still not accepting this at face value. I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor but when it comes to 19th Century Terrorists and Rangers nothing has to make sense.
Petrie would like to be a powerfull head of the sfa not a lapdog, even he has ambition

I would be delighted to see that fat scumbag take the SFA to court so that the game in this country could finally be excised of his vile influence.
He'll never do that it would mean Scotland and all our clubs would be banned from international competition. Hes not totally insane the unwashed would string him if they lost their champions league riches.

Peter Lie Well built a house of cards, all can see his poisonous and self serving agenda and their clearly done with it, Reagan, Milne, Petrie public with their position.

The Rabid Mhanks will hopefully turn on Lie Well now.

I hope Leeann Dempster has influenced this at Easter Road, she's a sensible and realistic person and comes from a family of bears.

Are the clubs now realising that after all the time we have been away that Fat Pete did not keep his side of the bargain and look after them all and that they are worse off because of it ??

Maybe they see an opportunity to turn against him ,but I live in hope.....

Something stinks here!!
Why are Hibs, Aberdeen etc distancing themselves from Celtic?
I'm way to paparanid these days

I think Lawwell has just overplayed his hand, thinking he can pretty much call any play he wants and the rest of the league are so in thrall to him that they'll fall into line.

He's started to think he's untouchable.

Maybe he just found out he isn't.

Celtic's behaviour throughout this long saga has been abhorrent. It's one thing for supporters groups to speak out but for a club to do so officially is another matter. We would not have done the same if the tables had been turned

I think we're missing the point here. This has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers or title stripping. This is a reputation management excercise for one man - Lawell - and trying to appease the lunatics in the club's fan base.

Complete snow job to make it look like he's doing all he can. All this wasted, negative energy to help one club deal with their spoilt, entitled, nae fair mister, fan base.

7 years ago Scottish football was brought into near meltdown by a referee strike caused entirely by one club circling the wagons around a failing manager. That was an absolute disgrace that should have been enough for the rest of Scottish football to shun them. Our financial meltdown was an opportunity from heaven for them. But it's done. DONE

FF should ignore this push like the club hopefully will.

Reactions: Del
I firmly believe all the clubs, except one, has finally realised that the only club who really benefitted from all of the fiascos, is those rhats in the east end of Glasgow.

Hibernian supporters have contacted the Club directly, and via their two elected Non-Executive Directors, to enquire as to the Club’s position regarding Rangers, HMRC and the use of EBTs.

The Board has discussed the matter at successive Board meetings, and has come to a unanimous view. The Club had intended to make this known earlier, but a variety of factors, not least the need to focus on and conclude Hibernian business during the transfer window, delayed this.

Your Board fully understands the concerns of supporters regarding this issue, on all sides of the argument.

During the past six years, the matter has been interrogated by the highest courts in the land, by the SFA, and by the SPFL. In recent weeks, both the SPFL and SFA have taken extensive legal advice which does not support or encourage taking further action.

The lengthy and detailed explanation of the SPFL legal advice (July 26th 2017) makes clear that this matter has now been thoroughly examined by some of Scotland’s keenest legal minds, and their opinion is that – given the rules which applied at that time - no additional sanctions could be retrospectively applied. Similar legal views have been obtained by the SFA. Both organisations have looked at the issue and at potential sanctions, and have received strong and clear legal advice.

The SPFL – whilst accepting that no additional sanctions can be retrospectively applied – wants an independent review into how the issue was handled. The SFA has referred a specific aspect to its compliance officer. For all of these reasons, we also do not support the letter from the SPFL calling for a further independent review.

Your Board believes our game faces a choice. We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised

We prefer the latter option - working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open, and has the potential to secure greater commercial income to fund further improvement for the longer term.

Scottish football is finally emerging from a period of significant turbulence, which has damaged the sport, into a much more exciting future. While we know this is a divisive issue that will never be resolved to the satisfaction of all supporters, we cannot allow it to divert us from the future or to keep us mired in the past.

It is the view of your Board that we should focus 100% on a brighter future for Hibernian, and for the game. All of our energy will be used trying to bring future success to our own club, and to working together to create a future that all of our supporters can be proud of, on and off the pitch.
Wow. Genuinely surprised by that.

Didn't King buy the Charlotte fakes hacked emails or something? Something in there Petrie doesn't want the world to see?[/QUOT

Ive been astounded King hasnt dropped a bombshell yet,but nothing like having a feeling after today that King is sitting on dynamite hence this quite incredible statement from one of Rangers main Haters.

At what stage are the scum brining the game into disrepute? I'm being serious here. Why are we not pushing Regan and asking for answers on this?

Are the clubs now realising that after all the time we have been away that Fat Pete did not keep his side of the bargain and look after them all and that they are worse off because of it ??

Maybe they see an opportunity to turn against him ,but I live in hope.....

I think their bank balances tell them exactly that......

Motherwell for example, finish 2nd then vote to lose 500k prize money if they did the same the following season?

Peanuts TV deals.

Short term gain for long term pain with the takeover of the sfl.......

I am truly gobsmacked by that statement is this Petrie readying himself for the SFA job once Regan leaves before he is pushed. And then once there changing his tune. Time will tell but I think we have to stay vigilant on this one.

Your Board believes our game faces a choice. We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised

We prefer the latter option - working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open, and has the potential to secure greater commercial income to fund further improvement for the longer term.

Scottish football is finally emerging from a period of significant turbulence, which has damaged the sport, into a much more exciting future. While we know this is a divisive issue that will

It is the view of your Board that we should focus 100% on a brighter future for Hibernian, and for the game. All of our energy will be used trying to bring future success to our own club, and to working together to create a future that all of our supporters can be proud of, on and off the pitch.

Liewell made to look like the real cock socket that he is.

I think Petrie has been overruled at Hibs making this
pretty big news not solely because Hibs voted against
the mhanks, but Lawwell's best buddy was overruled.

Pure speculation on my part, of course.

No more loans for Hivs. I'm sure that TLRB wanted titles removed when he was at the Towers, but didn't want them when he was at Bolton.
I think there will be loans aplenty for the spoonburners for helping slantyeyes to write his speech for the rats upcoming AGM. The fat Japanese is just too sleekit for this to be unplanned.

Back