Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

I'll jump in to the discussion now Tennents has been mentioned. Tennents if delivered correctly via a good cooling system and clean pipes, in a suitable clean glass, is a terrific pint of lager.

Tennents from shit pubs into a vase type tumbler, not so good.

I have no doubt if it was available in The Louden it would be served correctly as the owner is very vocal about how good his beer system is maintained, and rightly so.

So get it in, and charge accordingly (£3.75 at most) and watch the sales rocket.
Robert has mentioned previously that the tennents rep he was dealing with acted like an arse and when Robert said he might not bother with tennents in the pub the rep replied along the lines of "good luck not stocking tennents in a Scottish pub"on his way out so the Louden went elsewhere.(something like that anyway)

On a sidenote I never liked tennents that much myself when I lived in Glasgow but since I moved down south I enjoy a good pint of tennents when I come back up to Glasgow for a visit

There really isn't any subject or topic that won't have a few people arguing on this website :))

Lager. Fùcking lager.

I'd actually like to go for a pint with a few of you, would be fascinating to watch people get into it over absolutely fùck all :))

I'll come. I seem to annoy every fucker I come into contact with. :)

Am I?

Or, perhaps, I just think it’s a shite pint with good marketing?

For reference, I also posted what I’d say a good beer is.
You’ve made your mind up based on the fact it’s mainstream and well marketed haven’t you?

To say it’s shite is one of the funniest things I’ve heard this year

Robert has mentioned previously that the tennents rep he was dealing with acted like an arse and when Robert said he might not bother with tennents in the pub the rep replied along the lines of "good luck not stocking tennents in a Scottish pub"on his way out so the Louden went elsewhere.(something like that anyway)

On a sidenote I never liked tennents that much myself when I lived in Glasgow but since I moved down south I enjoy a good pint of tennents when I come back up to Glasgow for a visit

If that's the case, he was quite right telling them to get fucked imo.

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit of a beer snob, tried Madri recently just to confirm my suspicions more than anything that it's just the latest heavily marketed pish water placing itself in the "premium lager" category.

It's actually worse than the last few beers that have filled that £5+ pint place on the market. It's drinkable don't get me wrong but I'd have a pint of Tennents over it every single time.

I'm the first to admit I'm a bit of a beer snob, tried Madri recently just to confirm my suspicions more than anything that it's just the latest heavily marketed pish water placing itself in the "premium lager" category.

It's actually worse than the last few beers that have filled that £5+ pint place on the market. It's drinkable don't get me wrong but I'd have a pint of Tennents over it every single time.

Kinda my thoughts on it too. Reminded me a wee bit of Heverlee in that respect. Our local got it in and had to end up selling it at £2 a pint to get rid of it.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure it's made at the Tennents brewery.

You’ve made your mind up based on the fact it’s mainstream and well marketed haven’t you?

To say it’s shite is one of the funniest things I’ve heard this year

No.
I made up my mind after trying a pint of it from two different places and it was awful.

Guinness is mainstream and possibly the most well-marketed beer of all time, and I love that.

Quite liked Madri when it came out over here in NI. Every bar pretty much does it now. Ended up having pints of it on my birthday, then had to get up early for the boat to Scotland which was an experience. I felt as sick as 2 hospitals. Put the fear into me and haven't touched it since  I will stick with Tennents or Heverlee

I only tried Heverlee a few weeks ago and thought it was very nice indeed.

Hello, my name is BajanBear and I drink Fosters. God I feel better getting that off my chest.

It's my lager of choice because it's cheap, I can drink as many pints as I want without falling over, my guts aren't in tatters the next day and it doesn't give me a raging head. And also because it's incredibly uncool to drink it.

If you want to find out what lager you think tastes best then do a blind tasting. I expect the vast majority of us would be amazed.

Anyway, well done to the Louden getting Madri.

Am I?

Or, perhaps, I just think it’s a shite pint with good marketing?

For reference, I also posted what I’d say a good beer is.
Have to say mate I love a Madri. I buy it for the house, drank it first in Spain and enjoy a pint of it here as well.

I think it’s a tremendous pint and I’m no beer snob or marketing idiot - I couldn’t give a toss about what anyone thinks or what is on trend.

Each to their own.

Can I also say that’s it’s lazy in the extreme to call someone a beer snob just because they don’t like whatever beer the masses are throwing down their neck at any particular time?
Maybe the reason they’re calling you a beer snob is because you think people should be up in arms that a beer with a Spanish name is being brewed in the UK, and are calling people fools for buying it…not because you said you didn’t like it.

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.
A Spanish beer brewed in the UK.

Guinness is the only decent pint on that list.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.
its not ruined by being brewed here its just different from what your used too being as water is by far in the way the biggest part of any alcohol you change the largest component off anything you will change its flavour

i brew my own beer and being Scottish water its better than anything a i can buy from a shop in my opinion no hangover and better flavour and a flavour you can manipulate to your own taste

Hello, my name is BajanBear and I drink Fosters. God I feel better getting that off my chest.

It's my lager of choice because it's cheap, I can drink as many pints as I want without falling over, my guts aren't in tatters the next day and it doesn't give me a raging head. And also because it's incredibly uncool to drink it.

If you want to find out what lager you think tastes best then do a blind tasting. I expect the vast majority of us would be amazed.

Anyway, well done to the Louden getting Madri.
Well done mate. The first step is admitting you have a problem :))

Next challenge: any chance of a better cider than Strongbow?

Yes, I know - popularity/sales etc. Get Thatchers or something in as a trial, anyone buying Strongbow when you have a decent cider on tap is a wrong ‘un.
I'm with you. Like cider, hate Strongbow. So frustrating it is the only cider in so many pubs. Inches or Somersby would be my first choices, but Thatchers is decent.

Went on the Tennents tour, got a couple of pints at the end which the guide said was freshly brewed and would taste different from the usual pub pint. He was right it was a lovely pint, makes you wonder what some pubs are serving up.
Did the same & agree its so much nicer. That's because it's unpasteurised. Normally they boil it to make it last longer as it kills any yeast & bacteria, but as they know they can sell it quickly at brewery that isn't necessary & that's why it tastes better

Madri is awful.
Like, properly awful.

Yet another fake beer.
A Spanish beer brewed in the UK.

Guinness is the only decent pint on that list.

And before anyone asks, if we’re talking lager, I’d have a Furstenberg, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Pilsner Urquell, Estrella or Moretti off the top of my head.

As long as it’s not ruined by being brewed over here, which, sadly, is now the case with Moretti.
The change in Moretti from imported to UK brewed was massive, so much so I went from buying it regularly for the house to basically boycotting it.

The change in Moretti from imported to UK brewed was massive, so much so I went from buying it regularly for the house to basically boycotting it.

Same.

It was a really nice pint and a good option to have at home.
However, now it's nothing like the Italian stuff.

If noticing this huge difference in taste makes me a beer snob, so be it.

Beer wanker.

Robert falling out with someone? surely not!

Decent in bottles.

Never tried a pint.
I agree it isn't bad at all in bottles.
My brother works for Coors and it was their attempt to tap into the popularity of Estralla without paying the high cost of that.
The ingredients was formulated by one of their master brewers in Burton. The character used in the marketing is authentic, something about how a group of locals in Madrid used to dress.
Marketing gimmick maybe, but the worst example of this is some idiot who pushed putting ice in a pint of cider!

Was in Babbity Bowsers last night & they had Aspall & Orchards Theive on tap. It was a rare treat as a cider drinker having a choice (I actually thought Orchard Theive was the nicer of the 2)
They have Aspall in BAad and Orchard Thieves in van Winkles, shame about their location.

Boring take. People seem desperate to talk down on Tennents to look cool with their Madri pish. No one is arsed. Go into any pub across Scotland and majority of folk will be drinking Tennents.

There’s a reason it’s the most popular lager in Scotland.

Only Guinness and Staropramen pips it on the list of drinks on offer at Louden.

Carling is the most popular lager in England and you couldn’t pay me to drink it. It’s popular because it’s cheap and the UK is filled with folk who fill their bodies with inexpensive pish purely to get drunk.

The Louden has had major refurbishments of its Servery Bars and Cellars since the World Cup break.
We have now added Madri to our list of Draught choices.
We now have 60 Fonts in both the Bar ( an extra 4 ) and 60 fonts in the Lounge
( an extra 20)
We sell Carling, Staropraman, Coors, Madri, Strongbow Dark Fruit, Strongbow Original, Guinness, and Belhaven Best.
Unfortunately because of the amount of work undertaken, it's possible that the Beer Garden will not have draught available until the Hibs game on Thursday, but you will be able to buy a pint and take it into the Beer Garden.
It's not the scenario that we wanted but we will continue to strive to upgrade The Louden as much as possible.
The Louden will be open at 11 am on Saturday with our usual conditions.

Why no Tennents Lager

The Louden has had major refurbishments of its Servery Bars and Cellars since the World Cup break.
We have now added Madri to our list of Draught choices.
We now have 60 Fonts in both the Bar ( an extra 4 ) and 60 fonts in the Lounge
( an extra 20)
We sell Carling, Staropraman, Coors, Madri, Strongbow Dark Fruit, Strongbow Original, Guinness, and Belhaven Best.
Unfortunately because of the amount of work undertaken, it's possible that the Beer Garden will not have draught available until the Hibs game on Thursday, but you will be able to buy a pint and take it into the Beer Garden.
It's not the scenario that we wanted but we will continue to strive to upgrade The Louden as much as possible.
The Louden will be open at 11 am on Saturday with our usual conditions.

Nae Tennents? Ffs

Back