Managerial update

Who are the other couple of names?

Was it Lampard and Dyche right enough or just rumours atm?
If it was Dyche we would have heard, given we would have to ask his club for permission to speak to him.
Same as you though, curious to know the names of the other two,and surprised we don't have an incline who they are.

- Rangers have held talks with former player Giovanni van Bronckhorst in London today – with other candidates due to speak to the club this weekend

- Rangers have a shortlist in place as they search for Steven Gerrard’s successor

- I understand former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes plus ex-Rangers player Rino Gatusso are not options being considered by the club

- Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson is leading the search with the club understood to be focused on getting the right fit for the job and not rushing into a decision
Excellent update! Thank you.

We’ll find some cash for investment.

SG has put together a very large and talented squad at substantial cost, do we need to invest before we know who is moving on? A CB on loan should do us this season.

Whoever the new manager is inherits comfortably the best squad in Scotland, which has been underperforming but is 4 points clear and has four trophies to play for. I’d like to think not being able to spend right away is not a major stumbling block for the candidates mentioned.

You think? I'm no convinced tbh.

Maybe a daft question but does a new manager potentially generate new investment from new or existing investors?

There will be £4.5m compo from Gerrard and his team leaving, then the wages drop if we dont replace all 6 memebers of staff he took with him

Id imagine we'll sell Goldson in January if hes not signed yet also

Great update! Big focus on Gio which seems to be good news, but clearly others like Lampard will be right in the mix.

Are there any clues as to who the other candidates may be? Are there any left field candidates in the mix?

I’m glad McInnes and Gattuso aren’t on the shortlist.

Will most likely be GVB, Knutsen, Frank Lampard and Dean Smith.

My hope is GVB and Knutsen are the two front runners.

I know we’ve all wanked ourselves into a frenzy regarding GVB, but something is pulling me towards Knutsen as my preferred choice.

It's gonna be difficult for any potential new manager, consider we haven't a shilling to spend at the minute.
In my mind, it's why someone like GvB would be perfect for it. The 433 would stay with extra emphasis on high/low block where relevant, smoothing the transition.

Also losing an icon like SG and replacing with a man of similar stature would lift us all.

You think? I'm no convinced tbh.

Maybe a daft question but does a new manager potentially generate new investment from new or existing investors?
Remember we no longer pay wages for Gerrard or his coaches, so obviously that money goes to whoever the new coaching team are so no extra expense to the club. We will have 5-6 milion compo for our ex-management team maybe? Used to strengthen team in January plus I'd imagine we could sell 1 or 2 players?

Hopefully the other 2 are Knutsen and Farke.......maybe Blissen?
I saw Blissen's name mentioned on here yesterday, what's his story? Diego Martinez might be another on the shortlist, out of work and certainly referenced by a few in the media this week.

We could wait an extra couple of days and still get it wrong.

As I said on the thread where someone asked if we’re rushing into this… yes, we should be but that’s as a result of Gerrard and his team doing a mid-season disappearing act. Any failure over the rest of this season is on them.
Any manager can be a failure, doesn't mean we should just hire someone without even considering others. I assume we will already have a good idea of that candidates and ideally we would have more time to consider them further, but I think taking an extra day or two to minimise the chance of failure is well worth it considering what is at stake in terms of the league.

Any chance of us pulling a Fonseca or a Villas Boas out the hat?

I’m happy with Gio but getting a proper ‘big name’ would excite me :))

Dear Sky

Since you are checking this thread… get Harry Potter and Andy Wanker to %^*&
To be fair, David Graham probably sent the info out at the same time to all media outlets who have paid the cash to the club for presser access, including fan media.

Looks like it's GVB and anyone else they speak to are going to have to try and convince them otherwise

- Rangers have held talks with former player Giovanni van Bronckhorst in London today – with other candidates due to speak to the club this weekend

- Rangers have a shortlist in place as they search for Steven Gerrard’s successor

- I understand former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes plus ex-Rangers player Rino Gatusso are not options being considered by the club

- Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson is leading the search with the club understood to be focused on getting the right fit for the job and not rushing into a decision
Thanka for the update Mark. I'm glad that we're doing our due diligence and not rushing things.

Back